Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
    I think they should make a spin off just about his the pilots race i only remember it showing there plaint once where it was just fog basically
    That would be fun. Though, they would have to come up with a way for us to tell the different Pilots apart. They all look the same.

Besides Crichton's Earth, Pilot is the only one of the characters--except maybe Chiana--whose homeworld we actually see.

I believe we saw a flashback scene in "Clockwork Nebari" to where Chiana was hiding in a building somewhere on her homeworld. We also sort of saw Zhaan's homeworld, but that was just a hologram of the planet itself, so that doesn't count.

====================

Glad to hear it, Rockerlad. Hope you find it as enjoyable as you thought it would be.
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
      I would put Dar'go at 2
      I agree. I love Pilot, but D'Argo was a much richer character. And his friendship with John was great. They played off each other very well, whether they were getting along or arguing you knew they cared.

Comment

Originally posted by joshing123 View Post
        I agree. I love Pilot, but D'Argo was a much richer character. And his friendship with John was great. They played off each other very well, whether they were getting along or arguing you knew they cared.
        They definitely played well off each other. And most of the time, it was funny as hell to see them argue. So many great moments.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
          My farscape season 1 arrived today, so as promised when i have watched some i will check in and let you no what i think......cant wait i am sooooooooo excited lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Enjoy! I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Does anyone know how well Farscape PKW did in dvd sales? Since Claudia and Ben are probably going to be free for new projects, I wonder if PKW did well enough to warrant more? Id like to get a new series, but a few more mini-series would be great too. Actually, if they did it the mini-series route they could probably go in a lot of different directions. You could have a D'argo focused series, a Rygel one, etc...

I'd also like to see something relating to earth, they had a huge bombshell of knowledge dropped on them, so their actions would be extremely fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by rockerlad View Post
              My farscape season 1 arrived today, so as promised when i have watched some i will check in and let you no what i think......cant wait i am sooooooooo excited lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Very exciting! Can't wait to read your thoughts. Enjoy!

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
              "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                I'd also like to see something relating to earth, they had a huge bombshell of knowledge dropped on them, so their actions would be extremely fun to watch.
                I had a thought about how they could bring Earth back into the picture without moving the focus away from our favorite characters.

Another ship from Earth could do John's sling-shot, only this time succeed in breaking free from Earth's orbit. Off they go until they encounter another wormhole somewhere in the neighborhood of Earth's solar system. That wormhole gobbles them up and spits them out in the galaxy that we all know and love.

I don't know... It's an idea...
                sigpic
                "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

Ok i don't know if i am right as i have seen about half a season of farscape and the pk wars (but i just ordered every season yestaday so tomorrow i will have them)
                  But didnt the reason a wormhole opened in the first place was because the ancients wanted to test earth to see how they would react to aliens, as this has been bugging me.

Comment

Originally posted by Iratus View Post
                    Ok i don't know if i am right as i have seen about half a season of farscape and the pk wars (but i just ordered every season yestaday so tomorrow i will have them)
                    But didnt the reason a wormhole opened in the first place was because the ancients wanted to test earth to see how they would react to aliens, as this has been bugging me.
                    Not the first time - at least not that they ever said as I recall. The first time it presumably it had to do the slingshot and solar flares, although I don't think they ever specifically stated it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iratus View Post
                      No, the Ancients weren't responsible for John initially getting gobbled up by the wormhole. That was the result of his test and solar activity I believe.

However, they did test him on what would happen involving Earth and aliens when they encountered him. They probed his mind, and found out that Earth could support them as a species. So they decided from there to run a scenario involving John.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

solar flares...

damn silly things seem to mess everything up *grins*
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO View Post
                          solar flares...

damn silly things seem to mess everything up *grins*
                          Indeed they do. But look at it this way. If he'd never encountered those flares on that fateful day, he never would have met Aeryn.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

ya got that right
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              Indeed they do. But look at it this way. If he'd never encountered those flares on that fateful day, he never would have met Aeryn.
                              Indeed. And she would still be a Nazi. And not only that, but a lot of things would have been different in that galaxy...

It's interesting to think about the impact John had in that distant part of the Universe. He did his share of damage, of course. But, he certainly made up for it.
                              sigpic

My Books:

Comment

yep john has done a lot for the universe
                                sigpic
                                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                                Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                                X