Farscape Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I ended season 4 today, and now I'm waiting for the PKW to come in the mail (hopefully tomorrow).

The ending of season 4 seen through my eyes:

Spoiler:
    TO BE FRELLIN' CONTINUED

What the frell?

Imagine if PKW had never been made...
    Trust me, that's how most of us who loved Farscape thought
    Spoiler:
    at the end of Season 4. That ending was like a slap in the face. All I can say is, thank God for The Peacekeeper Wars.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You guys said there still storylines open for another movie. What do you guys want to see?

Spoiler:
      Personally I can't image the show without 'Argo. Though watching everyone run around after a baby would be inetersting, speacilly if Chiana babysat lol

Review for Fractures

Spoiler:
      Another great episode. Again the emotions where just prefect.

Poor John so excited to see Aeryn again. Asking D'Argo which shirt to wear was so heart breaking becuase you know in a few mintues Aeryn is going to arrive and it's going to kill him. All the D'Argo/Crichton where very touching, I love their friendship.

Poor Aeryn, how much must seeing Moya!Crichton being screwing with her emotions. I felt so bad for her when made refence to the Budong, then relized he wasn't her John. That must have hurt so much, for a few second she forgot he was ther other Crichton, that hers was gone. It must have been unbearble when she relized her mistake. I loved that she was the first to stand beside John when he told the others of his plan.

I'm loving Crais more and more with each episode. The way he was with John was lovely and working with Jool was so fun. It's a shame he's going to die (soon?). I think he makes a good pair with Jool. I couldn't stop laughing as their sceams when part of the alien landed on them. That wasn't very PK captain of him I wanted to hug him when he stood beside John and Aeryn to join the fight. I strongly believe he didn't do it just to look good in Aeryn's eyes (still can't deside if he's in love with her, or as close as he can get to love). I believe hes doing it becuase he is trying to do the right thing and be a good person. John's death effacted him greatly, as well as the feelings of shame over his past deeds (which Aeryn made light of in the Choice). SO I could be wrong but I feel that finally he's ont he side of the good and true. I don't know if he'll go through with it but I believe at the time (and in this episode) he meant it when he said he'd give up being captain. (thigns could change be I thinkhe meant it) then again I really want to see the good in him. I love Lani Tupu!

I felt really bad for Rygel even if he's a bit of a jerk LOL. His little arc in this episode was very funny.

I think Chiana would have been really happy if Naj stayed on Moya. I think they could have been really good friends. On a superfishal note I think Naj Gil was gorgeous; I really love the white/grey/black look. It's just so beautiful, plus the short hair was lovely.

Was it just me or was D'Argo becoming friends with the Scarran? Okay I'm a bad Aeryn fan, I thought at one point she could set the message tot he PKs. I should have more faith in my girl but she just so all over the place with her emotions.

Okay I think that's it for my review, I might add more later if I think of it.
      Last edited by angelfire east; 11 December 2006, 09:53 PM.
      Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
        Review for Fractures

Spoiler:
        Another great episode. Again the emotions where just prefect.

Poor John so excited to see Aeryn again. Asking D'Argo which shirt to wear was so heart breaking becuase you know in a few mintues Aeryn is going to arrive and it's going to kill him. All the D'Argo/Crichton where very touching, I love their friendship.

Poor Aeryn, how much must seeing Moya!Crichton being screwing with her emotions. I felt so bad for her when made refence to the Budong, then relized he wasn't her John. That must have hurt so much, for a few second she forgot he was ther other Crichton, that hers was gone. It must have been unbearble when she relized her mistake. I loved that she was the first to stand beside John when he told the others of his plan.

I'm loving Crais more and more with each episode. The way he was with John was lovely and working with Jool was so fun. It's a shame he's going to die (soon?). I think he makes a good pair with Jool. I couldn't stop laughing as their sceams when part of the alien landed on them. That wasn't very PK captain of him I wanted to hug him when he stood beside John and Aeryn to join the fight. I strongly believe he didn't do it just to look good in Aeryn's eyes (still can't deside if he's in love with her, or as close as he can get to love). I believe hes doing it becuase he is trying to do the right thing and be a good person. John's death effacted him greatly, as well as the feelings of shame over his past deeds (which Aeryn made light of in the Choice). SO I could be wrong but I feel that finally he's ont he side of the good and true. I don't know if he'll go through with it but I believe at the time (and in this episode) he meant it when he said he'd give up being captain. (thigns could change be I thinkhe meant it) then again I really want to see the good in him. I love Lani Tupu!

I felt really bad for Rygel even if he's a bit of a jerk LOL. His little arc in this episode was very funny.

I think Chiana would have been really happy if Naj stayed on Moya. I think they could have been really good friends. On a superfishal note I think Naj Gil was gorgeous; I really love the white/grey/black look. It's just so beautiful, plus the short hair was lovely.

Was it just me or was D'Argo becoming friends with the Scarran? Okay I'm a bad Aeryn fan, I thought at one point she could set the message tot he PKs. I should have more faith in my girl but she just so all over the place with her emotions.

Okay I think that's it for my review, I might add more later if I think of it.
        Oh yeah ... About Fractures
        Spoiler:
        I totally agree with the hearbreaking part of Moya John about to see Aeryn again. He was so cute asking D'Argo about the shirt and running around the ship and then the reaction ... Man talk about a blow to the gut!

Great episode though!

So I finally saw A Perfect Murder. It was a good episode. Kind of trippy at the beginning, I was slightly confused. But after actually getting into the episode I started to get it. There were some great shots in this as well that really added to the kind of trippy feel of the show. It really did feel kind of off balance right from the start just because of the angles and shots.
        Spoiler:
        The end with Aeryn and Crichton holding the guns on each other! Wow, talk about tense. I thought Claudia delivered the line "Now. I'm not sure… I have the strength to miss next time" extremely well. The moment at the end between them was breathtaking as well. Played expertly, IMO.
        I love Aeryn "speaking English." Makes for some good comedic lines. And development of the realtionship between Aeryn and Crichton.
        I'm also really interested in what's going on with Chiana. The visions and blindness are rather interesting.

Also saw Coup By Clam ... Interesting episode. Not sure what to say about it. Some interesting humour. It kind of actually makes me wish I was still in school taking my Transgression and Desire course. This episode would definitely provide for some interesting commentary from that class.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
          You guys said there still storylines open for another movie. What do you guys want to see?

Spoiler:
          Personally I can't image the show without 'Argo. Though watching everyone run around after a baby would be inetersting, speacilly if Chiana babysat lol
          One of the first mental images I got of a post-PKW story is that of a toddler crawling all over Pilot's console.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
            As for Aeryn...I don't even know where to start. She's in such
            Spoiler:
            an emotional downward spiral that she can't see any option but out.
            It's something I'd never expect in a "sci fi" show, and is yet exactly the reason why this show appealed to me.
            I always thought this show was more drama than scifi. Yeah it's set in another galaxy and has all sorts of different races, etc, but the heart of the show is the character drama which is what makes it my favorite. I like a show slightly off center but most about the characters.
            Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
            Oh yeah ... About Fractures
            Spoiler:
            I totally agree with the hearbreaking part of Moya John about to see Aeryn again. He was so cute asking D'Argo about the shirt and running around the ship and then the reaction ... Man talk about a blow to the gut!

Great episode though!
            I loved D'argo's comments, so matter of fact and not at all what you might expect from a big warrior like him.

And I agree - John does look better in the black!!!
            Originally posted by McClance View Post
            One of the first mental images I got of a post-PKW story
            Spoiler:
            is that of a toddler crawling all over Pilot's console
            Hey, Pilot's got many arms and he's good at multitasking - he's could keep him/her entertained easily.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I'm getting season 2 soon! person infront of me finally picked up the discs and they are due back on the 16th to the library.... I'm sure I can wrap presents and watch at the same time. Do some craft painting. some scrapbooking (gotta get my sister's wedding album done). Going move my craft room to the living room!
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

[QUOTE=Thunderstorm;6090691]
                I always thought this show was more drama than scifi. Yeah it's set in another galaxy and has all sorts of different races, etc, but the heart of the show is the character drama which is what makes it my favorite. I like a show slightly off center but most about the characters.
                I agree. I'm not really one for lots of science--I'd rather watch, say "Grey's Anatomy" than "Star Trek" so I definitely prefer the more character driven/emotional storylines, vs the "science" and how this gizmo works with that gadget, etc.

The heart of the show is definitely the drama, and the acting is what makes it work. I think the humor works very well too, even in those episodes that are pretty heavy duty serious (The Choice, for example) you get some comedic moments.

Future Farscape? Hopefully
                Spoiler:
                not too much baby. I think the Scarren/PK thing is short lived and I think the Nebari should show up. I mean, early on, Chiana makes an allusion to some sort of planet wiping out weapon ("Through the Looking Glass")

Oh, angelfire, regarding Aeryn and "Fractures", I thought the same thing too. They certainly set it up to look that way and
                Spoiler:
                , given her emotional state, I really couldn't put anything past her. But the look in her eyes, the way she does NOT look at John when she goes to stand by his side, the way she pretty much avoids looking at him at all, is just painful, both for her and for him.
                Excellent stuff by both Ben and Claudia. Claudia, in particular,
                Spoiler:
                plays Aeryn's heartache so well at the end of season 3. the next episode is equally heartbreaking, although Ben's puppy-dog eagerness at Aeryn's return is just so sad!

Claudia said in an interview that the most difficult words she ever had to utter on Farscape were
                Spoiler:
                "Hello, John" when Aeryn steps off the transport pod and looks like right past him, knowing that he's so eager to see her and how hurt he's going to be. She said even beyond John dying, that was the hardest part.
                Wish I could remember where I saw that interview; it might be in the season 3 companion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post

I loved D'argo's comments, so matter of fact and not at all what you might expect from a big warrior like him.

And I agree - John does look better in the black!!!
                  LOL ... I can see the Farscape spin off now "What Not To Wear: Luxan Edition" ... Although, I don't know I'm kinda partial to the green, myself. You're very right, though. Those lines from D'Argo were hysterically funny. Anthony pulled them off very well.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                    LOL ... I can see the Farscape spin off now "What Not To Wear: Luxan Edition" ... Although, I don't know I'm kinda partial to the green, myself. You're very right, though. Those lines from D'Argo were hysterically funny. Anthony pulled them off very well.
                    that was a great scene and so matter of fact.

I agree--John looked pretty damned good in the green as well, and I thought it perfectly suited the shape of his body!

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                      that was a great scene and so matter of fact.

I agree--John looked pretty damned good in the green as well, and I thought it perfectly suited the shape of his body!
                      LOL ... that it did. Although I'm not sure there is much that wouldn't work ok on his body. LOL ... even in Coup By Clam
                      Spoiler:
                      the dress he had on wasn't that bad. Although I much prefer the green shirt!

That was an awesome scene. I don't think I ever give enough time to talking about Anthony, Gigi, Wayne and the rest of the cast because I get so caught up in the drama between Aeryn and John that I tend focus on Ben and Claudia. But, that's not entirely fair because they're all such wonderful actors. The show wouldn't be the same at all if one of them was someone else, IMO, anyway.

Comment

Yay, the PKW arrived in the mail today!! 3 extra hours of Farscape to enjoy!! (if only I didn't have to go to class this evening )

No extra's though. Is there a DVD-edition of PKW with extra's?
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yay, the PKW arrived in the mail today!! 3 extra hours of Farscape to enjoy!! (if only I didn't have to go to class this evening )

My copy is a two-disc bonus features include:

"The Making of Peacekeeper Wars" 30 minute documentary
                          Interactive Conceptual Art Gallery
                          Authentic Production Storyboards
                          Spacecraft Gallery
                          and much more! (no idea what the much more is)

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            My copy is a two-disc bonus features include:

"The Making of Peacekeeper Wars" 30 minute documentary
                            Interactive Conceptual Art Gallery
                            Authentic Production Storyboards
                            Spacecraft Gallery
                            and much more! (no idea what the much more is)
                            "Much more" is deceptive. The only thing left that isn't mentioned in that list is a prop gallery with photos of the props used throughout the series stowed away in/with their boxes
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                              "Much more" is deceptive. The only thing left that isn't mentioned in that list is a prop gallery with photos of the props used throughout the series stowed away in/with their boxes
                              Lmao.....figures.....so there's no Ben and Claudia commentary?! That sucks.

Comment

British edition has more interviews and different editing of the PKW, they've released it as 2-parter mini-series, just like it was aired on TV.

Special Features for British release:

1) The Battle Behind The War: The Making of The Peacekeeper Wars Featurette
                                2) Character Info-Pods (including interviews with Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Anthony Simcoe and Gigi Edgley)
                                3) Behind-the-scenes Interviews with David Kemper, Andrew Prowse and Brian Henson
                                4) Deleted Scenes
                                5) Gallery of Stills featuring Character, Make-up and Prop Photography
                                6) Trailer Material
                                7) DVD-ROM Material (some really great wallpapers! )
                                T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Working...
                                X