Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mckaychick View Post
    I need to get the pk wars too.
    For sure, make sure you do. It is an awesome ending to the Farscape saga IMO. It still blows me away when I watch it.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh my frellin' Goddess, I died laughing last night when I watched 'Revenging Angel' (season 3, ep 16)!

That's one frelling high-larious episode.

I'm gonna make a musicvid out of that episode, or at least I'm gonna try.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

pkwars was a bad ending, not because it was bad <although it felt like they took a season of episodes, gutted it and jammed it into three hours, but they have good enough writers that they can do that and it still be better than almost anything on t.v.> but because it didn't tie up a lt of loose ends

I mean, just out of the air

clockwork nembari

the scarrans and the peacekeepers weakened is the perfect opportunity for those grey folk to take over the galaxy

is grazya half nembari? is her kid johns? she certainly has a reason for wanting johns kid <genetic memory extraction like the scarrans>

Why did sizoku and dude whos name I have no hope of spelling meet up?

was he the tertiary character we grabbed because his... proclivity for collecting mostly dead folk and d'argo's mostly dead state?

lots of unanswered questions, pkw didn't even begin to end farscape, and I hope that they can do more seasons, if sg1 folds then we can get john and aeryn back easy

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          I also just recently finished watching Relativity. I thought it was a good episode. I kind of see Crichton as coming into his own. And Aeryn! Oh Aeryn! There is so much to say. I think I'll hold off though until I've seen the rest of the season. So far though I don't think I've disliked or just thought "meh" about an episode yet.
          Come back in a few episodes...we'll talk all about Aeryn.

pkwars was a bad ending, not because it was bad <although it felt like they took a season of episodes, gutted it and jammed it into three hours, but they have good enough writers that they can do that and it still be better than almost anything on t.v.> but because it didn't tie up a lt of loose ends
          I liked PKW because it was more Farscape. I didn't like it because it wasn't enough Farscape. there was a lot of noise and a lot of stuff but not as much density as you get in most of the episodes.

I agree, gutted and jammed into three hours. I didn't think it was horrible-
          Spoiler:
          -it just didn't feel quite "right", especially the first couple of hours. And the actual end of the mini, while nice and sweet, was so NOT Farscape precisely because of the nice and sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
            Although, I never thought they should have gotten a captain. That felt sort of contrived; season 4 didn't quite work for me all the way around, though. The election of a captain almost seemd like a way to keep certain characters central to the story.
            It felt quite reasonable to me, that they would eventually decide to have a captain.

It didn't really influence the plot all that much, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Toresica View Post
              It felt quite reasonable to me, that they would eventually decide to have a captain.

It didn't really influence the plot all that much, anyway.
              Exactly! It's not like they all listened to him all the time anyways.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

In 'Revenging Angel', cartoon Crighton is singing this theme when he's racing down the path.
                Can anyone tell me where it's from? It's stuck in my head and I can't get it out, plus I don't know where it's from which makes it double frustrating.

Comment

Its "Ride of the Valkyries" from Richard Wagner, and Crichton sang it before in "Crackers don't matter" after they dressed him up to fight T'Raltixx.
                  That's all folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
                    Its "Ride of the Valkyries" from Richard Wagner, and Crichton sang it before in "Crackers don't matter" after they dressed him up to fight T'Raltixx.

He also sang it in Die Me Dichotomy when he and Aeryn were in the Neural
                    Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwin View Post
                      Originally posted by cajnjirl View Post
                      He also sang it in Die Me Dichotomy when he and Aeryn were in the Neural
                      Cluster.
                      Thanks a lot.
                      I knew he hummed it before, just couldn't place it. But now I do...

Comment

Just saw "The Way We Weren't".....wow, such an emotional, dark episode.

It's AMAZING how much feeling and emotion that a puppet can portray, I just completly forget that pilot isn't real, because his eyes are so.....emotive. And Claudia was absolutly wonderful.

And what a tease at the end.....when the shots kept going back and forth, back and forth between Crichton and Aeryn I kept expecting something to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post

It's AMAZING how much feeling and emotion that a puppet can portray, I just completly forget that pilot isn't real, because his eyes are so.....emotive. And Claudia was absolutly wonderful.

And what a tease at the end.....when the shots kept going back and forth, back and forth between Crichton and Aeryn I kept expecting something to happen.
                          That episode is one of my favorites as well. Definately a highlight of Season 2.

Claudia said that same thing about Pilot in the PKW documentary. And I agree. It's very easy to forget Pilot is a puppet--a lot easier than it is for Rygel at times.
                          sigpic
                          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

It's AMAZING how much feeling and emotion that a puppet can portray, I just completly forget that pilot isn't real, because his eyes are so.....emotive.
                            Love that episode!

As for the puppets ... It's one of the things I'm really surprised about the more I get into Farscape. At first I was little weary about how into the puppet characters I would be able to get. Boy was I shocked when I started forgetting they were puppets. Rygel is hilarious. And Pilot, oh my! I just watched Scratch 'N Sniff (whole other post there!! crazy ep) and there were scenes even in that crazy episode where I was taken aback by the life-like quality of Pilot.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
                            "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

One of my favorites as well...Claudia just rocks in this episode, which is all emotional heartbreak for Aeryn. Well, now that I think about it, just about every episode is emotional heartbreak for Aeryn.

As much as Farscape is John's story--it is, no doubt--it seems to me that, at least from the beginning, each episode takes away some little piece of Aeryn's belief system so that she's confronted with the folly that was the Peacekeepers in each episode. It's more evident on the 2nd or 3rd (or 8th or 9th) viewing, but it's definitely there.

TWWW isn't necessarily the capper but it certainly does it share of emotional damage.

To me, this episode highlights how well Claudia plays Aeryn Sun and her continued emotional unravelling.

Love this show!

Comment

[QUOTE=Trek_Girl42;6039544]Just saw "The Way We Weren't".....wow, such an emotional, dark episode.

A great ep for sure, one of my favorites. I love it that there is no compromise with Aeryn's past, even though some of it isn't pretty. Also like the contrast from the "attitude" she takes with the others when they confront her about the tape to her breakdown after beating up the punching bag. Great work CB!

Bill K

Comment

Working...
                                X