No announcement yet.

Molon Labe (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode from start to finish. Definitely action packed. Things are getting very interesting as we approach the season finale.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
      I know what you are talking about, though I was noticing more of the front of the alien, then the back...my first thought was maybe he was wearing their version of a suit or alien dress atire. It's hard to tell because everything about the alien is so dark.
      I played with the contrast a bit and brightened it up a tad, not really sure what's there to be honest, if it is a harness then it doesn't glow like the girls one did.

I think it's more likely to be just his suit or body shape.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2...lingskiesz.png

Like you I was more interested in the way his neck was pulsating, like a fish's gills.

Comment

Now that I think about it, the OL was injured and I thought I heard that they tried to patch him up. I guess if there had been a harness that we could see, Lady doc would have too..... so perhaps no. But I like the idea.

The following is what I pulled off the net regarding second airing of season 2. It's a bit disjointed, but I'll take what I can get.

TNT has a Falling Skies marathon scheduled for next Sunday. It starts at 2pm ET with the 1st episode of season 2, and continues through episode 4 until 6pm. Then episode 5 picks up at 9pm and the marathon continues until episode 7 (the one we are on now) is over at 12 midnight.

The link below has more info, but be careful as there is a little spoiler in there. It has to do with a comment made on The Second Watch, which is not aired where I am.

http://www.newsforshoppers.com/repli...weeks/3679198/
        sigpic

Comment

I think it be an interesting twist if the OL are controlled by the parasite thing as well.

Good episode.

I think the writers had a bet on who could write the most discussing scene this season, the spider crawling out of the throat and the little operation on the eyes, what next I wonder.

Good action all around.

Nice to Lourdes stop being so cheerful.

Ben off to hunt down other children that been de harnest and I am guesting he and along with Red eye (better than one eye the second mass has come with, pope need to rename him) will come along and save the 2nd Mass along with whoever else is at Charleston.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            I think their technology predicted that us humans would somehow impact them and not for the better so they decided to come after us before we came after them, . Of cause completely eliminating us may allow for another event to happen which is also bad for the overlords, so they are thinning the numbers an attempting to control us an control their own destiny. unbeknown to them perhaps their attack will be what us out into the stars and cause us to effect them directly. May be a whole chain of events have taken hold and the OL are simply looking for a way out of the mess they created.
            ^^Interesting Observation- I think you may be right.

Good episode, I knew Karen wasn't for real.
            Very touching scene between Tom and Ben at the end-
            Not ashamed to say I teared up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
              Now that I think about it, the OL was injured and I thought I heard that they tried to patch him up. I guess if there had been a harness that we could see, Lady doc would have too..... so perhaps no. But I like the idea.

The following is what I pulled off the net regarding second airing of season 2. It's a bit disjointed, but I'll take what I can get.

TNT has a Falling Skies marathon scheduled for next Sunday. It starts at 2pm ET with the 1st episode of season 2, and continues through episode 4 until 6pm. Then episode 5 picks up at 9pm and the marathon continues until episode 7 (the one we are on now) is over at 12 midnight.

The link below has more info, but be careful as there is a little spoiler in there. It has to do with a comment made on The Second Watch, which is not aired where I am.

http://www.newsforshoppers.com/repli...weeks/3679198/
              Overlord Fishhead!! I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perelandra View Post
                Overlord Fishhead!! I love it!!
                I find it interesting that the creators chose that look for the OL's. Fish in general aren't very scary on a day to day bases. Now of course if they had been land sharks I would be singing a different tune. What a minute here, Steven is the one that made us afraid to go into the water in the first place.... Well okay, I guess we could blame Peter Benchley...
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  jamil's death reminded me of the movie alien. and those crawlies (the spider looking things) reminded me of the replicator bugs from Stargate SG-1
                  Same here! They do seem to take many cues from our fabled show and that's a good thing.

Spoiler:
                  This episode was fantastic non stop action and suspense from beginning to end I absolutely loved it, the overlords have shown to be nothing more than pure evil driven by an ego that could span galaxies

Jamil's death was pretty gruesome, scary and up to the point as it showcases that the overlords will stop at nothing including the use of biological warfare.

It strikes me that as that overlord told Tom they have not entirely wiped out humanity because they need us meaning probably they need new slaves specially facing the skitter rebellion which obviously does frighten them to death.

Wow as someone else said Karen has taken going to the dark side to a whole new level. Either she always felt that way inside or they totally removed her persona and just kept her memories but either way it was creepy as hell to see her absolute lack of empathy even for whom used to be her boyfriend. And yet she still harbors fear and emotions toward her new masters. It is the scariest example of brainwashing ever depicted.

And yes little Matt rocks I hope it shuts up those that say that kid actors can't pull their weight in this type of survival shows, hell yes!

The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Then there was Karen's comment on how all things are connected. At that I saw red flags popping up before my eyes. With what the OL then said, what was maybe opaque began to clear. During the Viet Nam war there was mention of a bomb that would kill but not destroy structures/surroundings. Many of us joked about that in a nasty sarcastic way, that the aliens had given it to our PTB because they didn't care if we killed each other as long as we did not destroy the planet. If we blew up the earth everything in our system would change as the gravitational force would be different. If all things are connected then if our system changes so does everything else. Since Spielberg and I are about the same age I now wonder if our thoughts on the subject were not so isolated....
                    Nothing the human race currently possess could destroy the planet itself. Wipe out the human race? Quite easily, but the planet is a tough nut to crack.

http://io9.com/5277702/could-our-nuc...troy-the-world

Is a pretty interesting read on the subject.

As for killing all life, a decent virus could do that. We have a ton of them locked up. It's quite shocking they haven't tried biological warfare on either side, if the human race is about to be destroyed, why not throw a few super viruses at the enemy, one might work! I guess we'd still have the robots to worry about, and the harnesses heal the kids so immune systems could be boosted. If so, the aliens should do it to the humans, I'm sure they have access to a huge number of viruses, find one which causes humans to do any number of things from memory loss to paralysis.

As for what the aliens are trying to do? They don't seem very technically advanced to me (seriously, no heat vision on the mechs?) so I'd guess it's something simple, and likely made from salvaged material. But everything I can come up with, the ability to travel in space counters it. Every element for instance, there is probably a nebula out there full of it which is freely accessible. The only thing I can come up with is that the earth is in the goldilocks zone, and they plan on semi-terraforming the planet to make it an ideal breeding ground/food growing planet. It's the only thing I can really think of that makes Earth unique, or rather rare. Even then I'd say making an artificial version on ships would be just as easy, or hell a dyson sphere. I guess it just depends on how easy most planets in our zone are to subjugate. Maybe we are one of the first to actually put up a good fight?

Comment

Originally posted by HoloRob View Post
                      Nothing the human race currently possess could destroy the planet itself. Wipe out the human race? Quite easily, but the planet is a tough nut to crack.

http://io9.com/5277702/could-our-nuc...troy-the-world

Is a pretty interesting read on the subject.

As for killing all life, a decent virus could do that. We have a ton of them locked up. It's quite shocking they haven't tried biological warfare on either side, if the human race is about to be destroyed, why not throw a few super viruses at the enemy, one might work! I guess we'd still have the robots to worry about, and the harnesses heal the kids so immune systems could be boosted. If so, the aliens should do it to the humans, I'm sure they have access to a huge number of viruses, find one which causes humans to do any number of things from memory loss to paralysis

As for what the aliens are trying to do? They don't seem very technically advanced to me (seriously, no heat vision on the mechs?) so I'd guess it's something simple, and likely made from salvaged material. But everything I can come up with, the ability to travel in space counters it. Every element for instance, there is probably a nebula out there full of it which is freely accessible. The only thing I can come up with is that the earth is in the goldilocks zone, and they plan on semi-terraforming the planet to make it an ideal breeding ground/food growing planet. It's the only thing I can really think of that makes Earth unique, or rather rare. Even then I'd say making an artificial version on ships would be just as easy, or hell a dyson sphere. I guess it just depends on how easy most planets in our zone are to subjugate. Maybe we are one of the first to actually put up a good fight?.

Fish head said, if they wanted us dead we would be dead. Which suggest they want us alive for some reason, I do not think that was a idle boast either.

Fish Head also said about us causing our own destruction and using up resources,

My theory at the moment is that their technology predicted some type of galactic scale resource war, perhaps between Earth, Skitters and OL and others, an the OL have launch a pre-emptive strike. I am even going to guest that why the OL may pretend to be all macho and war like, much of their history and even their society may be peaceful, arrogant, an superiority complex but generally peaceful. Which would explain some of their tactics and mistakes they have made and why feel the need to take control of their local corner of the universe.
                      Also if they are a peaceful society but invading multiple worlds to try an control their future, this could explain why they are using earth materials to construct their bases, and earth armaments to arm their mechs. An why they are using the harnesses to take control of species and using them as foot solders. Also explain why most of their capital ships have left Earth, they heading to reinforce other planets or to new additional targets.

I think the venom/virus/bacteria that weaver was infected with, is a key component to the take over of a human body by the harnessed, and the treatment they came up with for Weaver may be the key to completely removing the harnessed.

Comment

I don't see them using harness kids as foot soldiers. Look they are still using mechs and skitters. There are no harness kids rushing at us to kill us.

They are servants and translators, but not cannon fodder for whoever resists them.

Comment

Okay, I know this is going to have holes in it, one major problem being the explanation of the Skitters, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. What if the UFO's they arrived in,(I might add, I don't remember seeing a ship) are not UFO's at all, but USO's? Perhaps their fear and comments on how we (the land dwellers of this planet); are depleting our resources and for the most part are destroying ourselves; are concerned about a threat closer to home than we think. What if the truth of the matter is that we are killing them inadvertently, and they are fighting back for survival. I know, very far-out.

The OL's look a little aquatic, the harnesses were contained in some sort of liquid and have a slug like appearance, Weaver's blood temp. was dropping and had to be raised, and they have made base platforms were the OL's must hang out as we do not see them as much. The Skitters are doing fine on our surface and I have to ponder if they were made captive by the OL's strictly for this battle. I know that flushes the Ben/R.E theory, but when ever we see shows like this, the enemy is usually from out there. What if this time it's right here?

The OL's look weak and unhealthy. Maybe that's just because they are here on the surface. Without enslaving another creature to deal with the problems on land, perhaps even with all of their intellect, this war could never be wagered. (Yes, I know, that has been stated.)

I still find it interesting that they have to gather our materials to build weapons. Who goes to war with out fighting equipment? Sometimes you have go to shopping, but I would think that you don't travel there with that in mind. They said they had been studying us so they knew what we had available to them, but I wouldn't journey a great distance with just that plan. Then again, maybe if I lived around the corner....
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, I know this is going to have holes in it, one major problem being the explanation of the Skitters, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. What if the UFO's they arrived in,(I might add, I don't remember seeing a ship) are not UFO's at all, but USO's? Perhaps their fear and comments on how we (the land dwellers of this planet); are depleting our resources and for the most part are destroying ourselves; are concerned about a threat closer to home than we think. What if the truth of the matter is that we are killing them inadvertently, and they are fighting back for survival. I know, very far-out.

The OL's look a little aquatic, the harnesses were contained in some sort of liquid and have a slug like appearance, Weaver's blood temp. was dropping and had to be raised, and they have made base platforms were the OL's must hang out as we do not see them as much. The Skitters are doing fine on our surface and I have to ponder if they were made captive by the OL's strictly for this battle. I know that flushes the Ben/R.E theory, but when ever we see shows like this, the enemy is usually from out there. What if this time it's right here?

The OL's look weak and unhealthy. Maybe that's just because they are here on the surface. Without enslaving another creature to deal with the problems on land, perhaps even with all of their intellect, this war could never be wagered. (Yes, I know, that has been stated.)

I still find it interesting that they have to gather our materials to build weapons. Who goes to war with out fighting equipment? Sometimes you have go to shopping, but I would think that you don't travel there with that in mind. They said they had been studying us so they knew what we had available to them, but I wouldn't journey a great distance with just that plan. Then again, maybe if I lived around the corner....
                            The problem I see with that is these are very advanced species. At least three, the Overloads, skitters, and bugs. Not to mention the energy weapons, mechs, flying ships, etc. Although I don't think we ever saw space ships in terms of ships coming from space and through the atmosphere.

I do think anyone with that amount of technology couldn't have stayed hidden from us for this long.

Also, the Overload explicitly said he did not want to commit genocide and that they will be leaving once whatever they are doing is done.

Comment

Maybe the Overlords have a God complex and consider themselves to be doing population control on his/her behalf, what better way to tail back a populations technological advancements (thus use of natural resources) than to slim down numbers. (Please no, I might just venture to America and do a bit of writers population control myself if they fall back on the old "God wanted it this way" story).

I still think they're here for the water though, and just to clarify, I wouldn't kill the writers really, just scream at them uncontrollably until I lost my voice

Comment

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                                The problem I see with that is these are very advanced species. At least three, the Overloads, skitters, and bugs. Not to mention the energy weapons, mechs, flying ships, etc. Although I don't think we ever saw space ships in terms of ships coming from space and through the atmosphere.

I do think anyone with that amount of technology couldn't have stayed hidden from us for this long.
                                LOL I think you have that backwards if a civilization is really extremely advanced concealment is not such a problem I mean look all the Stealth aircraft and even sea surface vessels that we have with our current technology and multiply that by a factor of 10x1000 which is what the Overlord's tech is compared to our own.

Originally posted by Mrja84 View Post
                                Also, the Overload explicitly said he did not want to commit genocide and that they will be leaving once whatever they are doing is done.
                                I got news for you they already committed genocide what they said is that they don't want to wipe humanity out at least just yet...
                                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X