Molon Labe (207)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Okay, I know this is going to have holes in it, one major problem being the explanation of the Skitters, but I'm going to throw it out there anyway. What if the UFO's they arrived in,(I might add, I don't remember seeing a ship) are not UFO's at all, but USO's? Perhaps their fear and comments on how we (the land dwellers of this planet); are depleting our resources and for the most part are destroying ourselves; are concerned about a threat closer to home than we think. What if the truth of the matter is that we are killing them inadvertently, and they are fighting back for survival. I know, very far-out.

The OL's look a little aquatic, the harnesses were contained in some sort of liquid and have a slug like appearance, Weaver's blood temp. was dropping and had to be raised, and they have made base platforms were the OL's must hang out as we do not see them as much. The Skitters are doing fine on our surface and I have to ponder if they were made captive by the OL's strictly for this battle. I know that flushes the Ben/R.E theory, but when ever we see shows like this, the enemy is usually from out there. What if this time it's right here?

The OL's look weak and unhealthy. Maybe that's just because they are here on the surface. Without enslaving another creature to deal with the problems on land, perhaps even with all of their intellect, this war could never be wagered. (Yes, I know, that has been stated.)

I still find it interesting that they have to gather our materials to build weapons. Who goes to war with out fighting equipment? Sometimes you have go to shopping, but I would think that you don't travel there with that in mind. They said they had been studying us so they knew what we had available to them, but I wouldn't journey a great distance with just that plan. Then again, maybe if I lived around the corner....
    Another hole in your theory, sorry, is that Red Eyes said that they were attack 100 years ago, surely 100 years ago we were not that much of a threat to the fish heads, and surely it would have been easier for them to wipe us out or control us back then.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Another hole in your theory, sorry, is that Red Eyes said that they were attack 100 years ago, surely 100 years ago we were not that much of a threat to the fish heads, and surely it would have been easier for them to wipe us out or control us back then.
      Agreed. But when I think of USO's I'm not sure where they come from. Thinking of "The Abyss", was that a city were they lived and haled from, or could it be some sort of a colonized area they use while on this planet?

Many years ago someone told me that the Bermuda Triangle was not the only place where things go missing at a high rate, that there was a location almost directly on the opposite side I understand is called the Dragons Triangle. I have heard mentioned that some think it's like a runway or wormhole used to move through space at a faster pace. If we could imagine something like that, then if we ruin this stop on their cosmic map, we cause them problems.

I can't tell if the things that look like little Skitters are mechanical or not, but if not are they the Skitters young? If so, perhaps they were over populating their planet....just fooling around here.
      sigpic

Comment

They looked more like mechanical bugs than Skitters to me, more of a last ditch trojan horse weapon than anything else.

I think it was established (as much as something can be established in Sci-Fi) that the Skitters were the result of some form of humanoid teraforming done by the harnesses.

Comment

Doubt it was a last ditch tactic. It's all about adding pressure to the human forces. Have them surrounding and then attack by using bugs they won't be looking out for.

Attack them from the inside and prevent them from leaving their location. Great way to try and get the enemy to surrender.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
            I got news for you they already committed genocide what they said is that they don't want to wipe humanity out at least just yet...
            Okay, well I intended to mean they do not want to wipe out every human being. They have a mission. Do whatever it is, apparently regardless if the locals want it done or not. And then leave.

They do not hate us, but they do have to deal with us fighting them. Who knows, maybe what they are doing will help us at some point? Maybe Tom or another character will be given the choice of allowing the aliens to finish their task or to stop it.

Comment

I think that was just sales talk, they don't want Adults around, that's obvious by them taking pot shots whenever possible, although it seems more like pest control now than an all out hunt and kill exercise like it was in Season 1.

Kids maybe, turn them into Skitters for their next invasion but nah, for me that felt like the fish-head would have said anything to find out where the Second Mass were.

And anyway, would you trust a walking talking fish?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                I think that was just sales talk, they don't want Adults around, that's obvious by them taking pot shots whenever possible, although it seems more like pest control now than an all out hunt and kill exercise like it was in Season 1.

Kids maybe, turn them into Skitters for their next invasion but nah, for me that felt like the fish-head would have said anything to find out where the Second Mass were.

And anyway, would you trust a walking talking fish?
                Well I'm not racist. The show barely had a "is it real or not" dynamic with the resistance. The skitter told us and we all were not sure if it was true or not. The show doesn't even tackle that, so far on the show it seems like the show took it as a fact.

So unfortunately, it seems that whatever the aliens say is true. I would have prefer not being able to trust the aliens on anything. But the show just wants to tell it's story. It doesn't seem to want to stay and chew on it.

So far the aliens haven't lied to us. Sure they made deals with humans that lied to us, but they didn't lie right to us.

Comment

I'm not racist either, but if I were in the Second Mass's position, I would trust a word of what they say, after all they planted, not for the first time, a spy in "our" camp to gather intelligence.

That's not really the act of an honest entity.

Comment

Hmmm....

1. Matt as security. Woah.

2. Karen is getting seriously creepy.

3. OK...they think we 'might' be a threat...WTF maybe wait around 100 more years and see what happens.

4. The bugs were gross.

5. 500 miles in a day is doable but not fun.

MInor step down from last week.
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another great episode.
                      I thought Jamil would die in this one as Id seen he was only in 7 episodes, but man, what a way to go...
                      Looking forward to where this season is leading!

Comment

Question about the bugs inside Jamil did he get bitten by one which laid lots of eggs inside him that hatched really quickly or did several of them force their way in through his mouth, seeing as we know nothing about the crawlies anything is possible.

The best scene in this episode is with Tom and Ben at the end.
                        Last edited by generaloneill; 05 September 2012, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill View Post
                          Question about the bugs inside Jamil did he get bitten by one which laid lots of eggs inside him that hatched really quickly or did several of them force their way in through his mouth, seeing as we know nothing about the crawlies anything is possible.

The best scene in this episode is with Hal and Ben at the end.
                          Well he would have died had they killed him by going down his throat. So I would say he was bitten or some kind of biological gas/virus by the aliens.

Comment

Working...
                          X