No announcement yet.

Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually prefer the shorter seasons. Keep the filler out, so you can have a good quality season with a well told story that isn't padded out, plus each episode gets a higher budget than it might do wih a longer season. Give me 10 great episodes of tv rather than 20 mediocre eps. Although I suppose it doesn't change the fact that the nearly year long wait for the next season of a good thing can be agonizing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      I actually prefer the shorter seasons. Keep the filler out, so you can have a good quality season with a well told story that isn't padded out, plus each episode gets a higher budget than it might do wih a longer season. Give me 10 great episodes of tv rather than 20 mediocre eps. Although I suppose it doesn't change the fact that the nearly year long wait for the next season of a good thing can be agonizing.
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
        I'm conflicted between that being a stupid plot point that he should have never done -and- something that a father would do for any chance to save his son.

I'll join you on the Arggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm going to forget everything in 10 months. This wasn't that many eps. That should show the next group in 6 months.
        Agreed 10 months is a really long time to wait.

Anyway as far as the season finale is concerned I'm also conflicted over Tom's decision to go with the Aliens specially without any kind of insurance that he could even return alive. I was not surprised they knew of him since after all they got Karen and she was basically an insider and knew the makeup of the Resistance from the bottom up. I'm guessing that is through her that they knew about the other militias and thus took action against them.
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
          I can't believe we have to wait unilt NEXT SUMMER!!!! *head desk*
          That is how I feel as well. The wait for Season 2 is going to be a real killer.

As for the finale itself, I enjoyed it a lot. I kind of saw that ending coming, but it was still interesting. I can't wait to see what happens with Tom when things pick back up.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

May be I am crazy but I think pope is not a human being and it the same for that blond bird. May be they abandon there own people and chose to hide on Earth.

I love pope and the kid interactions, they are going to make a great double team.

I am still thinking the skitters and possible the bosses are just one of many conquered races. I find it interesting that they find our resistence interesting.

What a lucky shot with the grenade launcher at the end taking out that ship, one in a million shot.
            I am kind of hoping that next season we hear more about the wider war that must be waging a cross the planet.

I think they are interested in him because has knowledge of the human race and he seemed have a special interest in war history particualarly and what better way to learn how to defeat us than to study the tactics we have use in the past.

So the aliens or the skitters will reject children that have that thing remove from there back.

It a bummer that we have to wait until next summer to see more episodes.

Comment

Great eppy. interesting to see what the big aliens want with Tom. ten months isn't fun, but i've been doing it for the past two years with Warehouse 13. every Warehouse fan has proven you can do it it's still a long time, but we will survive
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                good season finale im hoping tom will be in season 2....... i like the character, his a good dad, he gives you a history lesson every known again and he was the first to capture a skitter

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                I can't believe we have to wait unilt NEXT SUMMER!!!! *head desk*
                Atleast we dont have 6 months of worrying weather or not we envested in the wrong show....... you know because its already been renewed

and yes im aware we are going to wait longer than 6 months for the show to return
                Last Movie Watched
                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                Life is Strange

Comment

too much of a close encounters of the third kind ending for me...thought it was a serious mistake for tom to go with the aliens...he knows too much...weaver should have shot him first!
                  All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Maybe Tom has a higher purpose? We still know little about the aliens' motivations. I hope it's not just derivative hostile alien takeover.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Different strokes, I guess.

For my two cents, there's just not enough going on so far to justify the 8 episodes they've had so far. We've been introduced to the setting, met Pope, found out about skitters and radios, and now the developments of episode 8. For the show to be more interesting (for me), they really need to tighten up the pacing so I don't spend so much of the show being bored and waiting for something to happen. For what we've learned so far, they could have done so in half as many episodes and been twice as interesting.

I agree with you about the pacing. I like the series; I thought the last four episodes were great and I'm really looking forward to next season, but I also spent a good part of this season being a bit bored waiting for something to happen.

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
                      Extremely annoying, every single girls seems to throw themselves at him, makes me lose a lot of respect for the girl characters. Wish they'd stop with that and all the spontaneous character interaction/heart to heart moments.

Can't see them going on for 10 seasons, especially with actor pay raises as seasons go on. I gotta agree with Digi, a lot of the initial episodes could have been compressed to a few moments or cut out entirely, especially the whole love triangle/quadrangle/ or whatever is going on with the oldest son.
                      I really hate how every younger female character seems to be attracted to Hal. I find it annoying to watch, particularly when they start acting all jealous that he's talking to another girl. At first it was Karen getting jealous/annoyed when Lourdes(? the dark haired girl) would talk to Hal; and later Lourdes get jealous/annoyed when Hal is talking to the girl in the Sanctuary ep. It really made me dislike Karen, Lourdes and Hal too; but mostly the girls because they were the ones who seemed to be acting either lovesick or jealous(especially Lourdes). To me, Margaret seems to act more like a big sister to Hal, so i really hope she's not into him too.
                      Last edited by VampyreWraith; 09 August 2011, 03:50 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                        Agreed 10 months is a really long time to wait.

Anyway as far as the season finale is concerned I'm also conflicted over Tom's decision to go with the Aliens specially without any kind of insurance that he could even return alive. I was not surprised they knew of him since after all they got Karen and she was basically an insider and knew the makeup of the Resistance from the bottom up. I'm guessing that is through her that they knew about the other militias and thus took action against them.
                        Plus I'm thinking that maybe they got more specific information from Rick about Tom and his fighting so hard for his son which is a strong motivation to fight for. The Aliens were surprised at the amount of resistance they were getting from the humans so they are probably going to want to study it any way they can.
                        Though I am rather courious...the Aliens threaten Tom with his son and said that they could call his son back anytime...yet when they had the chance to take Rick back, they didn't. I wonder if it was an empty threat from the Aliens to prey on Tom's paternal side to get him to go. Maybe once the kids are disconnected, they can't go back or they are considered damaged goods and the Aliens don't want them back.
                        Last edited by Rosehawk; 09 August 2011, 06:22 PM.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Tom went along with the aliens way too easily. I mean he's all about not abandoning the civilians and giving all these speeches to Weaver in the previous eps but he just gives all that up in a flash.

It was cool that we got to see the aliens though and definitely got the Close Encounters vibe at the end. Its not surprising since Spielberg is behind both projects.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really hope they show Tom's showdown with the aliens in-depth next season.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I really hope they show Tom's showdown with the aliens in-depth next season.
                              I really hope so too, but somehow it feels the next season will start with Tom waking beside an empty road with no recollection of the last 24 hours.
                              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                                I really hope so too, but somehow it feels the next season will start with Tom waking beside an empty road with no recollection of the last 24 hours.
                                That would be lame and predictable. I hope they choose a more creative route.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X