No announcement yet.

Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a plot hole in the sense that certain aspects are not explained. I know why Rick is different in comparison to the others, but my point is that the other characters should be noticing this and should be addressing it. Judging by the end of the last episode I'm sure it will be addressed, but just odd it would take this long. I guess they needed to develop other parts of the plot.

Also, the children with harnesses have enhanced abilities, which again, have not been examined. Rick was really sick before the harness and now he's back to normal health.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      Its a plot hole in the sense that certain aspects are not explained. I know why Rick is different in comparison to the others, but my point is that the other characters should be noticing this and should be addressing it. Judging by the end of the last episode I'm sure it will be addressed, but just odd it would take this long. I guess they needed to develop other parts of the plot.

Also, the children with harnesses have enhanced abilities, which again, have not been examined. Rick was really sick before the harness and now he's back to normal health.
      That could be why no one has questioned his silence.
      Spoiler:
      I belive he said he couldnt even breath properly on his own before, and now he's perfectly healthy (physically anyway).

They could just think he's traumatized.
      sigpic

Comment

that's what I meant, it's a plot hole in that nobody else has taken much notice of the change, if that were me, I'd be keeping a close eye on someone that went from his pre-harness condition to his post one, and would want to try and find out what changed.

They know the skitters can telepathically link to the kids because the doctor was in the room when it happened too.

Comment

Just watch episode 6 and 7.
          Two good episodes. A bit of action. An progress with the storyline.

When Pope was looking at the two dead solders did he say "you gotta love this civilisation."
          or was that my imagination, I am kinda hoping he did say that an there more story there than a good guy who took some bad decisions before the invasion but now he all good.

Only thing that annoyed me was that it seem the solder who took the children knew everyone before the alien invasion, which I find unlikely.

So the kid have been taken over by a skitter Vulcan mind meld style. Hopefully we will get an inside track on why they here and what there plans are. Through why does every race that invade earth, killing billions of people always say that they would never kill one of there own. I do not think anyone has notice his silence, may be it just how he was before the invasion. An he was seriously ill before the invasion it seem to be me like he could not have been much of a talker anyway. Plus this is not the science unit either, I am surprise the kids who have been freed have not be transfer back to there headquarters where the scientists are for further study which is a bigger plot hole in my book than him not speaking.

Love how the general knew how to turn a baby around in the womb.
          Look like we are going to see some more aliens next week, Humanoids this time, I am kinda hoping it a new race but from the trailer it looks like they may be hybrids or the final outcome of having one those creatures stuck on your back.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Only thing that annoyed me was that it seem the solder who took the children knew everyone before the alien invasion, which I find unlikely.
            I think they only knew him since the invasion started, not before. There was a scene where he talks with Mike and that's what it sounded like to me.
            sigpic

Comment

yeah Mike said he'd known him from a week after the invasion to the eldest Son (can't think of his name).

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                That does seem to be a bit of a plot hole doesn't it? 3 or 4 kids now -de-harnessed and only one of them goes through the day like he's meditating.

But on the flip side, they probably just put it down to a side effect of coming off the harness more than anything else,

Spoiler:
                not that he's suffered from a mind meld gone fubar.
                I can see where you're coming from saying that but as it's only 6 months since the invasion I can see the whole group still suffering badly from it. There are kids without their parents, parents without their kids...everyone under threat and all the while trying to keep it together. Even Tom's in denial about Connor being a bit different.
                I think it's reasonable that most people don't want to think about it...even though they should.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Just watch episode 6 and 7.
                Two good episodes. A bit of action. An progress with the storyline.

When Pope was looking at the two dead solders did he say "you gotta love this civilisation."
                or was that my imagination, I am kinda hoping he did say that an there more story there than a good guy who took some bad decisions before the invasion but now he all good.
                Yep he did say that...you're weren't dreaming.
                Pope's now getting a bit intriguing. He could have killed the guy when he was escaping but didn't. So he doesn't seem to be a cold blooded killer. But as far as we know he didn't stop his brother from raping Maggie either.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                  I can see where you're coming from saying that but as it's only 6 months since the invasion I can see the whole group still suffering badly from it. There are kids without their parents, parents without their kids...everyone under threat and all the while trying to keep it together. Even Tom's in denial about Connor being a bit different.
                  I think it's reasonable that most people don't want to think about it...even though they should.
                  It's not all that unusual for parents to have blinders on when there is something going on with their kids. I don't think Mike wanted to admit his son Rick was different - it's a hard thing for parents to except even if another parent talks with them about it. This is all new territory to the adults as well, so they aren't sure if they are seeing a real skitter issue or just a tramatized kid - which we actually didn't really know until the end of the show when Rick said what he said to Ben. Now with Mike being dead, I suspect the adults soon may start questioning Rick's behavior as they won't have Mike protecting/defending his son.

Pope's now getting a bit intriguing. He could have killed the guy when he was escaping but didn't. So he doesn't seem to be a cold blooded killer. But as far as we know he didn't stop his brother from raping Maggie either.
                  I am just waiting for the Maggie/Pope explosion that's going to have to come out sooner or later. I can't believe Maggie would just let it go without decking Pope at least once!
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Some great viewing figures for the last ep.

TV By the Numbers ratings:

Falling Skies captured 4.3 million viewers, its best Live + Same Day performance since its June 19 premiere and up 9% over last week’s episode. Key adult demos marked their third consecutive week of growth, with 1.8 million adults 18-49 and 2.1 million adults 25-54 each up 1% over last week.

I'm really enjoying this show now. It's getting to be a must see.

I liked that the group had to leave camp in this latest ep as I wouldn't have thought they'd be safe staying in one place too long. Although as it turned out, it was a set up.

Like most people here I took one look at the 7th Mass guy and thought don't trust you an inch. And definitely not with the children!

I did wonder though if he was going kidnap the kids to start up some new community and give them to parents who'd lost their own. Although I wasn't surprised but when the Skitter turned up, I wasn't expecting Pope either. Nice twist. Really looking forward to seeing how he redeems himself.
                    That show has to be way cheap to make too. I'm thinking this baby is a success.

Comment

I seriously doubt this is a cheap show to make.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                        I seriously doubt this is a cheap show to make.
                        Yeah, I don't see it as cheap either. It has quite a sizable cast.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I enjoyed the last 2 episodes much more than the first 5 and for the first time, I'm really looking forward to the next episode. The storyline and the characters seem to be gelling and I'm enjoying the gradual signs of how differently some of the survivors are handling things now that they are in a somewhat of a static period. In the immediate aftermath of the alien attack many most survivors try to stick together, but trouble often begins when there is enough downtime to reflect and it's interesting to see this aspect of human nature begin to play out now.

Exactly, that entire group is likely suffering from varying degrees of post-traumatic stress, so having these de-linked kids behave oddly is not likely to be strange enough to cause immediate concern. However, having said that, there are signs that some have noticed that they are different. For instance, Hal noted that Ben was different and there is a sense of unease about Rick's state of mind that even his father Mike started to have in the last episode.

Pope continues to be the most interesting character for me, but some of the others are also beginning to stand out.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          It's not all that unusual for parents to have blinders on when there is something going on with their kids. I don't think Mike wanted to admit his son Rick was different - it's a hard thing for parents to except even if another parent talks with them about it. This is all new territory to the adults as well, so they aren't sure if they are seeing a real skitter issue or just a tramatized kid - which we actually didn't really know until the end of the show when Rick said what he said to Ben. Now with Mike being dead, I suspect the adults soon may start questioning Rick's behavior as they won't have Mike protecting/defending his son.
                          Good point about how the others, especially their parents, can't tell if the children are different because they are understandably traumatized by their experience of being slaves of the skitters or if there is something more dangerous going on.

Also good point about what Mike's death could mean. I expected him to be killed in an earlier episode and when he wasn't, I thought he would be around until the end of this season. Your idea that his death could mean less protection for Rick as the doubts about him increase could be an interesting repercussion of his death.

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          I am just waiting for the Maggie/Pope explosion that's going to have to come out sooner or later. I can't believe Maggie would just let it go without decking Pope at least once!
                          Yep, I'm looking forward to a Maggie/Pope confrontation too because she made it clear in the last episode that she hasn't forgotten a damned thing about her treatment at the hands of Pope's gang.
                          sigpic
                          Sig by Luciana

Comment

I find it annoying that every episode there is a girl that's all over the oldest son. The girl he was with in the beginning who was taken by the skitters, the religious girl, the girl at the farm, and now looks like setting up Maggie too. He's also described as the jock who wasn't good at school but great at lacrosse. So typical and unoriginal. Next story line please.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing that at this point Karen has been written off, there is only 2 episodes left.
                              Too bad I wanted to know what her fate was...
                              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                                I find it annoying that every episode there is a girl that's all over the oldest son. The girl he was with in the beginning who was taken by the skitters, the religious girl, the girl at the farm, and now looks like setting up Maggie too. He's also described as the jock who wasn't good at school but great at lacrosse. So typical and unoriginal. Next story line please.
                                I hope they tone that down too. No one is as attractive as they're trying to make him out to be. I was hoping that Maggie would be spared becoming just another in a line of young girls drooling over him.

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                                I'm guessing that at this point Karen has been written off, there is only 2 episodes left.
                                Too bad I wanted to know what her fate was...
                                Yeah, that is strange, isn't it? Not only isn't anyone looking for her, but if I'm not mistaken, no one has even mentioned her since the episode after she was taken. It's as if the writers' forgot that she ever existed.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Working...
                                X