Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
    I'm guessing we are going to see Karen again sometime, most likely in a harness and maybe not until Season 2 or in the last episode of this season. They made a big deal with her in the first few episodes being very active with the resistence. I am guessing that since we saw her before she was taken, when we see her again and I really do think we will see her again, she will be harnessed. This storyline would have more of an emotional impact with the audience. Up until that point all the kids we have seen on the show were harnessed when the show started. Karen is a character we got to know and love a bit before she was taken and she is at the right age for being harnessed.
    I really don't think they are done with her yet!
    I've just had a horrible thought about the next episode:

I wonder if Karen is the
    Spoiler:
    Skitter-Human hybrid we saw them (presumably) doing an autopsy on
    in the trailer last week?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
      I've just had a horrible thought about the next episode:

I wonder if Karen is the
      Spoiler:
      Skitter-Human hybrid we saw them (presumably) doing an autopsy on
      in the trailer last week?
      That would certainly suck.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Its starting to get good now. The aliens look pretty easy to kill.

Comment

Yes!
          Spoiler:
          We saw Karen again! And a new alien, more humanoid. Finally, a connection made between the harness and the skitters!

Do we really have to wait until next summer for the season to continue??????
          Last edited by Rosehawk; 01 August 2011, 05:24 AM.
          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Cool. I think we all sort of guests the skitters as an other alien race that have been conquered by the greys, the slimmers, slindermen or the cloners frome starwars, new aliens (I think we need to agree a name for them, I seen them called all of the above on various forums) unless they are also a conquered species, in which case we are still waiting for the big bosses to show up.

I am loving the pope character, a Chief, a bomb maker, a inventor, at least he a crap shot.
            Through I got to wonder what those head scientists at headquarters are doing or indeed the rest of the resistance army, so far it seem it only the 2nd that are doing any of the work. It good that we got confirmation that the 7th have been wiped out, along with the 4th and the 5th.

I enjoyed Matt, and pope little conversation. Through I think Matt, needs to reliese there people that do the fighting and then people that build the weapons that the fighters use, he should be the one coming up with weapons the fighters use.

I hope next episode we some of the civis helping out in the big campaign that is coming. They could at least make the bullets.

Karen showed her face, a servant of the new aliens.

I think Earth is just a minor campaign for these guys and that there is a bigger war going on somewhere else, and they just came to earth to get some new foot solders for this bigger war. This explain why they are having to use earth materials to build there infrastructure. An using earth bullets in there guns. One of the first effects of war is use usually start running low on just about everything.

It also possible that Earth is a new staging post for this bigger war, which fits in with the structures looking like aircraft carriers.

Someone need to take care Rick, the skitters little spy before he reports back to his masters about our plan and new weapons.

Comment

Before I slam a certain aspect of the show I just want to say I'm actually enjoying the show. Last night's episode was superb and I can't wait to see what they do with the second seasons.

Spoiler:
              (spoiler tags are not working for me)

The new creepy tall aliens scared the crap outta me too... and the plot is starting to pick up the pace and the show is becoming VERY engaging ...

I love Pope as well... he's my favorite character.. and not just because my username is major davis.

Anyways... What I absolutely CAN'T STAND about the show is that crappy latex rubbery prop that they use for the closer shots of the aliens. The CGI on the show is phenomenal, and i understand they have to use practical pieces for scenes like dissections, but really, the prop is so obviously latex/rubber. It looks SOOO cheesy and I cringe every time I see the prop used. Especially when the prop was SPOILERS standing over the children and petting their heads SPOILERS... it looked like a alien colored latex glove lol.

They need to hire Mark Savela.. he never had a problem with CGI alien close ups.
              Last edited by Rosehawk; 01 August 2011, 06:17 PM. Reason: Put in spoiler tags for major davis :D
              sigpic

Comment

Re: What Hides Beneath (1.08)

Whoa! This show is really coming together. The last 3 episodes turned this from an okay show to must see TV for me.

Perfect title for this episode - what hides beneath, indeed. I didn't see that coming. This new development raises so many questions.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Great episode.

Nice bit of back story for Weaver.

The new aliens have a definite creep factor. So now we know why the Mechs are bipedal!

I wonder if the Skitters are many different conquered races changed by the harness? Seems likely. And now they're adding humans to the mix!

So glad Pope is being used well. Had to laugh at his conversation with Matt. As if the youngster would have any idea what he was talking about as he explained about the bullets and depleted uranium.

Not that I know much about weaponry but wouldn't it have been dangerous for the bystanders when Pope fired the gun and all those bullets ricocheted off the Mech metal.

And it's the finale next week!! and a double ep.
                  sigpic

Comment

Still not the best series out there, but I think last night's was the best episode so far. Finally some great reveals and revelations, about damned time!
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
                      Great episode.

The new aliens have a definite creep factor. So now we know why the Mechs are bipedal!

I wonder if the Skitters are many different conquered races changed by the harness? Seems likely. And now they're adding humans to the mix!

So glad Pope is being used well. Had to laugh at his conversation with Matt. As if the youngster would have any idea what he was talking about as he explained about the bullets and depleted uranium.

Not that I know much about weaponry but wouldn't it have been dangerous for the bystanders when Pope fired the gun and all those bullets ricocheted off the Mech metal.

It could inject a retrovirus to transform the host.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Cool. I think we all sort of guests the skitters as an other alien race that have been conquered by the greys, the slimmers, slindermen or the cloners frome starwars, new aliens (I think we need to agree a name for them, I seen them called all of the above on various forums) unless they are also a conquered species, in which case we are still waiting for the big bosses to show up.

I am loving the pope character, a Chief, a bomb maker, a inventor, at least he a crap shot.
                        Through I got to wonder what those head scientists at headquarters are doing or indeed the rest of the resistance army, so far it seem it only the 2nd that are doing any of the work. It good that we got confirmation that the 7th have been wiped out, along with the 4th and the 5th.

I enjoyed Matt, and pope little conversation. Through I think Matt, needs to reliese there people that do the fighting and then people that build the weapons that the fighters use, he should be the one coming up with weapons the fighters use.

I hope next episode we some of the civis helping out in the big campaign that is coming. They could at least make the bullets.

Karen showed her face, a servant of the new aliens.

I think Earth is just a minor campaign for these guys and that there is a bigger war going on somewhere else, and they just came to earth to get some new foot solders for this bigger war. This explain why they are having to use earth materials to build there infrastructure. An using earth bullets in there guns. One of the first effects of war is use usually start running low on just about everything.

It also possible that Earth is a new staging post for this bigger war, which fits in with the structures looking like aircraft carriers.

Someone need to take care Rick, the skitters little spy before he reports back to his masters about our plan and new weapons.
                        Your average North American (Canadian/US) deer hunter has weapons that would one shot kill those mechs. My deer rifle will perforate 1" steel (slilouete targets) out past 300 yards and I have a peashooter. I know that a 7.62 Nato (.308 Winchester) requires 1/2" ballistic steel to stop it and that is at the "low power" end of deer rifles. They should make a trip to the country and pick up some deer rifles from rural neighborhoods. Those 5.56mm (223 Remington) rifles they used aren't the best choice for hardened plate and there are too ineffective for anything larger than small game (very few states allow deer hunting with them). Joe Sixpack with his 7 or 300 mag could get the drop on a mech. If the appropriate solids could be found for reloading even things like 7.62mm (308 winchester) would give a mech a bad day. I'm surprised with what the troops are seeing with IEDs this isn't being used by the rebels more.
                        Last edited by morrismike; 01 August 2011, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                          Your average North American (Canadian/US) deer hunter has weapons that would one shot kill those mechs. My deer rifle will perforate 1" steel (slilouete targets) out past 300 yards and I have a peashooter. I know that a 7.62 Nato (.308 Winchester) requires 1/2" ballistic steel to stop it and that is at the "low power" end of deer rifles. They should make a trip to the country and pick up some deer rifles from rural neighborhoods. Those 5.56mm (223 Remington) rifles they used aren't the best choice for hardened plate and there are too ineffective for anything larger than small game (very few states allow deer hunting with them). Joe Sixpack with his 7 or 300 mag could get the drop on a mech. If the appropriate solids could be found for reloading even things like 7.62mm (308 winchester) would give a mech a bad day. I'm surprised with what the troops are seeing with IEDs this isn't being used by the rebels more.
                          They already stated that the mech metal is much more well armored than anything we have seen before so I don't think that you can just assume that certain weapons would definitely work against them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Great episode.

This episode did a great job in setting up the finale and anticipation for next season. These new aliens have the menace that the skitters lacked. It's creepy to realize that they were the ones in control the entire time and no one on earth realized it.

I can't wait to get more background on them and their other victims - the skitters. And, yes, it was cool to get the answer to the question that several asked - why were the mechs bipedal when their supposed builders, the skitters, weren't?

I was also wondering about the dangers of ricocheting bullets during that demo, but it was cool to see Pope in his element though.

Rick is getting stranger and stranger and I'm curious to see if he can be saved or if he's on the point of no return. It's interesting to see the varying degrees of how harnessing affects the children. Those that weren't harnessed long seem to be reverting back to normal, but those like Rick and Ben who were harnessed for months seem to be an unstoppable path to change. And, it seems as if they need to sever the connection between the harnessed kids and their skitter caretaker or else the unharnessed kids end up like Rick - still emotionally connected to the aliens.

Nice bit of back story for Weaver and Karen's fate was a sad and interesting.

I was wondering why there are only 9 episodes, so it's good to know that next week is a double episode making this a 10 hour season.

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                            They already stated that the mech metal is much more well armored than anything we have seen before so I don't think that you can just assume that certain weapons would definitely work against them.
                            Exactly. I'm sure they used every type of earth weapon available, but they all proved ineffective again mech metal, so using mech metal against mech metal was a great idea.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana

Comment

That's a very interesting concept.

Pope totally rocks!
                              Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                              Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                              GateCon Attendee 2008
                              Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

I am kind of hoping that the Skitters are just one of many different alien species they have conquered. But I am also hoping that each species transformed into a species that is useful to the top bosses out there.

An I rather think that the Mechs and the Skitters are two of the lowest forms of foot solders they have in there armies. The new aliens are use as ground commanders. An what ever they got planned for the human children is design to fill in a gap in there arm forces.

Comment

Working...
                                X