Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post
    Just watched the first three episodes. I'm really enjoying it.

It has characters I can empathise with and aliens which are just scary and nasty enough. They also look pretty good as well.

I love seeing Noah Wyle in the lead role...he's a good choice.

The chicken thing...unless I missed something...it wasn't mentioned where the chicken came from did it? It could be tinned..they seem be scavenging for most of their food that way. But even if they found some live chickens, I couldn't see them being kept for eggs, or kept at all. It's not that easy...not all chickens lay for a start. The survivors are hungry so, sorry, the chickens have to die! I'm sure it'll be the same if they come across any other livestock.

In fact thinking about it, I'm surprised thay don't go out hunting for animals for food. Maybe they do. There must be livestock scattered about the country as well as wild animals.

I like that, so far, the show's not gone down the overly dark route. It's just right. Relentless misery's something that I don't want to watch.

It's a bit unrealistic allowing Pope to live....but he's a great addition as a character and I'm sure he'll be fighting along side the others soon.
    I think Pope mentioned that he (or his guys) hunted for their food.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
      I think Pope mentioned that he (or his guys) hunted for their food.
      Yeah, I think you're right. So maybe he had a stock pile. He also had refrigeration... because he had the cold beers.
      sigpic

Comment

oh yes i have always liked Noah Wiley from ER to the Librarian movies , oh and he is so ageless !!! Has anyone noticed that, that man does not age !!!

I will definitely be checking out Falling Skies it's looks good
        sigpic
        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by MIZA View Post
          oh yes i have always liked Noah Wiley from ER to the Librarian movies , oh and he is so ageless !!! Has anyone noticed that, that man does not age !!!
          maybe he is a vampire?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            maybe he is a vampire?
            You mean, put a vampire in a show and get lots of viewers?

Watched the third ep today and enjoyed it! I'm curious if there's something with the telepatic thing going on. Maybe the aliens knew that one of them was caught and therefore showed the killing of the children?
            sigpic

Comment

I already can't wait for Sunday night to get here.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The show has some potential for sure but after getting through the first half of the third ep, it seems that some breakthroughs and intelligent discoveries about the aliens are needed, which seems the show is going that route. although third ep, would be nice to get more details about the state of water and electricity BUT again, the state the characters are in seem to reflect in the story line, which is great. Personally still waiting for the wow (the "I so didn't see that coming" plot twist) but with all the good sci fi coming to an end (cough-SGU), its hard to bounce back: Expectations are ridiculous!!

Also

Spoiler:
                when Noah pummels the alien, that was a wow moment....looking forward for more bad-a## emotional vengeance!
                Last edited by Ripley2012; 29 June 2011, 09:30 PM.
                sigpic
                Does anyone else respond to something shocking in the manner of ELI....
                "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                Global Warming: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                Ancient Aliens: "YOU KNEW ABOUT THIS THE WHOLE TIME!"
                etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I already can't wait for Sunday night to get here.
                  I know everyone seems to just love the show. For me, something is missing. I'm not quite certain what it is though. I liked the 2nd episode more than the pilot...so it is growing on me a bit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I know everyone seems to just love the show. For me, something is missing. I'm not quite certain what it is though. I liked the 2nd episode more than the pilot...so it is growing on me a bit.
                    As long as you don't hate it, just give it some time. Shows don't always hit their stride right away. Sometimes there are some growing pains.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                      Watched the third ep today and enjoyed it! I'm curious if there's something with the telepatic thing going on. Maybe the aliens knew that one of them was caught and therefore showed the killing of the children?
                      I'm thinking that was what the pointing was about, you took one of ours, so we kill six of your's kind of thing.

I think it's pretty obvious that the captured alien is going to telepathically link to the boy and either use him as a weapon, spy or to communicate (just speculation, not seen any spoilers).

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        As long as you don't hate it, just give it some time. Shows don't always hit their stride right away. Sometimes there are some growing pains.
                        Oh no, I don't hate it by any means.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                          I'm thinking that was what the pointing was about, you took one of ours, so we kill six of your's kind of thing.

I think it's pretty obvious that the captured alien is going to telepathically link to the boy and either use him as a weapon, spy or to communicate (just speculation, not seen any spoilers).
                          I hope it to communicate. But I think it a bit soon in the show for that. I think escape is most likely, as that would create multiple storylines. Especially if the kid is never seen doing it and is kept on the camp but still control by the alien.

Comment

how many episodes is this? they may need to take some shortcuts time wise to move the story alonng.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              how many episodes is this? they may need to take some shortcuts time wise to move the story alonng.
                              i think theres 13, but who knows we may get a season 2 if the ratings hold up
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

I'm watching the series right now. They're playing the first 2 episodes on TNT...I'm watching the Pilot. It seems OK so far...but I hope it gets better.
                                "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Working...
                                X