Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
    I find it annoying that every episode there is a girl that's all over the oldest son. The girl he was with in the beginning who was taken by the skitters, the religious girl, the girl at the farm, and now looks like setting up Maggie too. He's also described as the jock who wasn't good at school but great at lacrosse. So typical and unoriginal. Next story line please.
    Extremely annoying, every single girls seems to throw themselves at him, makes me lose a lot of respect for the girl characters. Wish they'd stop with that and all the spontaneous character interaction/heart to heart moments.

Can't see them going on for 10 seasons, especially with actor pay raises as seasons go on. I gotta agree with Digi, a lot of the initial episodes could have been compressed to a few moments or cut out entirely, especially the whole love triangle/quadrangle/ or whatever is going on with the oldest son.

The new episode was pretty awesome, especially with the what-seems-to-be the master race. Wonder if the skitters are enslaved. I did find a couple of things funny though, how Mike's kid says humans are a savage race killing their own, but in an earlier episode, one of the skitters had a mech kill some harnessed kids. I guess they don't consider the harnessed kids their own then? And the other thing was the appearance of the master race alien to that lady's house, seems like they're more behind the desk kind of guys, the upper echelon. Why would one of them visit this lady?
    Last edited by jmoz; 03 August 2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      That's a common misconception, driven largely by the "and they have a plan" in the show's intro. Which, by the way, RDM has said he'll never forgive David Eick for insisting upon (half-jokingly). RDM, Eick, and the BSG gang were generally pretty open about having short- to mid-range plans, but not long-term ones.

I can't speak to Lost though. I could only stomach about two episodes before I dismissed it as crap.
      Thanks for the clarification. I remember reading that RDM and crew eventually admitted that there was no plan, and fans were so outraged and disappointed that I thought they had claimed to have a plan earlier. I think the Lost creators also eventually owned up to having no idea where they were taking that show. They admitted to having to try to piece things together from the earlier seasons to try to come up with something somewhat coherent in the last couple of seasons. I think fans started getting annoyed with them by the 3rd and 4th seasons, so they had to do something.

I really hope the Falling Skies creators realize the value of having a long-range plan and won't jerk us around. At lot of interesting issues were raised in the last couple of episode and with a fully fleshed out long-term plan, those issues could play out well.
      sigpic
      Sig by Luciana

Comment

The must have some vague idea about a general plan for the series. Maybe even a possible ending.

But the story doesn't have as much mystery as Lost. It's basically an alien invasion story where anything can happens. The fun is to see their adventures and their struggle to survive (and win back the planet). So I don't understand why people want such series to be so planned out in advance. They probably got some vague idea about the ending and how they could get there, but nothing more is necessary unless they begin to introduce a lot of twist and turn; Which would be great, but would be surprising considering past episodes.
        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
          The must have some vague idea about a general plan for the series. Maybe even a possible ending.

But the story doesn't have as much mystery as Lost. It's basically an alien invasion story where anything can happens. The fun is to see their adventures and their struggle to survive (and win back the planet). So I don't understand why people want such series to be so planned out in advance. They probably got some vague idea about the ending and how they could get there, but nothing more is necessary unless they begin to introduce a lot of twist and turn; Which would be great, but would be surprising considering past episodes.
          That's the kind of thinking that could derail a promising show. Just because a series doesn't have intricate plots that twist and turn in all directions doesn't mean that its creators/writers should half-ass it with a generic outline and hope to get by.
          sigpic
          Sig by Luciana

Comment

For now, I am not concerned with their plan for this show. I will just take it one episode at a time, and go from there. So far, I am enjoying things. I can't wait to see the season finale next week.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Falling Skies' cast will be live tweeting during 2-hour season finale if anyone fancies it.

See HERE

Not for me though..it'll be about 4am here ...plus I won't be able to watch the eps until the next day.
              Last edited by LizzieAnne; 06 August 2011, 08:26 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't tweet, or follow tweets. But, that is pretty cool for those that enjoy that sort of thing.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

alright, so over the past 3 days, i've caught up on 1-8. I am thoroughly enjoying it. There are some good things to keep my curiosity peaked, and of course some cliche things as well. I'm willing to look past the majority of them for the sake of entertainment, but the pregnant chick one i'm really sick of. but, i'm glad they didn't make a huge deal out of it.

i had the inclination about the skidders being transformed, same with the mechs - though that hasn't been established yet. curious about the tall skinny aliens. they're probably the main aliens.

i'm looking forward to tonights finale.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    That was definitely the impression that I got, rather than the other idea floating around this thread that they're one of many species conquered.
                    agreed

Comment

I am off to watch the season finale right now. I have very high hopes.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Aghhhhh....I didn't want Tom to go!

And now we have to wait 10 months - next summer for more....Arggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                          Aghhhhh....I didn't want Tom to go!

And now we have to wait 10 months - next summer for more....Arggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
                          I'm conflicted between that being a stupid plot point that he should have never done -and- something that a father would do for any chance to save his son.

I'll join you on the Arggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm going to forget everything in 10 months. This wasn't that many eps. That should show the next group in 6 months.
                          sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                            I'm conflicted between that being a stupid plot point that he should have never done -and- something that a father would do for any chance to save his son.
                            Yeah, I kind of struggled with that part too. Tom just went with them way too quickly.

It is intriging why the Aliens want Tom!!! There is something about him that they want to know more about as they did specifically ask for him!

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
                            I'll join you on the Arggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - I'm going to forget everything in 10 months. This wasn't that many eps. That should show the next group in 6 months.
                            I really don't like the way TV is heading by doing these short seasons and then waiting so long. I'm watching less and less TV and the longer waits, I could forget...but I doubt it with Falling Skies as I am really enjoying the show and the characters and I've got them on FB so I will get notifications. Don't do that with many shows.
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

I can't believe we have to wait unilt NEXT SUMMER!!!! *head desk*
                              sigpic

Comment

This one had me screaming at the TV. Ten month wait Grrrrr!
                                sigpic
                                God Bless America

Comment

Working...
                                X