Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
    Am I the only one who knew right away (and all along) that general who came to take the kids was working with the skitters?
    Same. Was the first thing I thought of, but at least they added the Pope twist to it too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
      Well aside from the fact that, as already mentioned, when the Resistance start using heavy weapons, the Skitters nuke them, there is also the fact that the Resistance would probably have trouble obtaining any. They have scavenged their weapons from gun stores and police and National Guard armouries, none of which are likely to have new fancy grenade launchers that only the U.S Marines use anyway.
      Maybe something simpler like a ballistica booby trap.

Comment

I think this past episode will be my last. I've tried to enjoy the show...I really have...but it just doesn't keep me drawn in. I shouldn't have to "work" to watch a show. I wanted to like it, I really did...but its just not happening.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
          Same. Was the first thing I thought of, but at least they added the Pope twist to it too.
          Agreed. Even though I saw it coming, it was still pretty brutal seeing humans turn on each other in such a way. It was pretty telegraphed, but the Pope twist made it more interesting (though I'm biased as I love the character).

MZPtv - fiction never tasted so good! Join other aspiring writers in our community
          dedicated to scripted original, 'Buffyverse' and 'Aliasverse' online fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            Thinking about it is normal, but I hold on to it all along during the episode. Good mysteries are those we can know from the start. Like a good detective novel where all the suspects are presented at the beginning of the episode. Not concocting something out of the left field as a plot twist (even if those are fun development too sometimes, when they makes some sense, even if you didn't have enough info to know about those twists beforehand).
            Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by JTVaughn View Post
              Agreed. Even though I saw it coming, it was still pretty brutal seeing humans turn on each other in such a way. It was pretty telegraphed, but the Pope twist made it more interesting (though I'm biased as I love the character).
              I sure hope that Pope redeems himself a bit in this next episode.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                I sure hope that Pope redeems himself a bit in this next episode.
                He will probably make it up to them by cooking up a storm in the kitchen.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JTVaughn View Post
                  Agreed, at first I did not expect that some jerk would do that but alas they've decided to show the darker side of humanity as well.
                  The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Some great viewing figures for the last ep.

TV By the Numbers ratings:

Falling Skies captured 4.3 million viewers, its best Live + Same Day performance since its June 19 premiere and up 9% over last week’s episode. Key adult demos marked their third consecutive week of growth, with 1.8 million adults 18-49 and 2.1 million adults 25-54 each up 1% over last week.

I'm really enjoying this show now. It's getting to be a must see.

I liked that the group had to leave camp in this latest ep as I wouldn't have thought they'd be safe staying in one place too long. Although as it turned out, it was a set up.

Like most people here I took one look at the 7th Mass guy and thought don't trust you an inch. And definitely not with the children!

I did wonder though if he was going kidnap the kids to start up some new community and give them to parents who'd lost their own. Although I wasn't surprised but when the Skitter turned up, I wasn't expecting Pope either. Nice twist. Really looking forward to seeing how he redeems himself.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am off to watch tonight's episode right now.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm enjoying it, especially Colin so far. I'd like it better, though, if they'd replace Will Patton's character with the one played by Dale Dye in the pilot. As a retired Marine Captain, he brings just the right edge to the part.

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Once again relatively predictable plot. The only thing still peaking my interest is why Skitters want children.

Wouldn't the others notice how strange Rick is acting? I hope they really follow up on this in the next episode. Right now its just ridiculous, that after being under alien control and acting strange afterward people are not asking him more questions or observing him closely.
                          sigpic

Comment

That does seem to be a bit of a plot hole doesn't it? 3 or 4 kids now -de-harnessed and only one of them goes through the day like he's meditating.

But on the flip side, they probably just put it down to a side effect of coming off the harness more than anything else,

Spoiler:
                            not that he's suffered from a mind meld gone fubar.

(thought I'd better spoiler that just incase you hadn't seen the last 10 seconds of the last episode.

I'm pretty sure from the trailer we're going to get the answer as to why skitters want kids in the next episode:

Spoiler:
                            human-skitter hybrids, which would make them kidders right?

Whichever reviewer said the series really get's going around the sixth episode was right.

Comment

Nice episode last night. I can't wait to see how they wrap up this first season. Hopefully we get the revelations about the Skitters it looks like we will be getting.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                That does seem to be a bit of a plot hole doesn't it? 3 or 4 kids now -de-harnessed and only one of them goes through the day like he's meditating.
                                I don't think it's a plot hole, I think it's intentional to give us more insight to the skitters once more is reveled about the reason why the skitters want the kids and the link the harness has with them.

Rick's harness was taken off and his skitter was still alive - he was most likely still connected to his skitter and he may still be connected based on his comments at the end of the show.

The other kids, Ben included, harnesses were taken off after their skitter was killed. Their skitter no longer had any mental link with the kids which is probably why those kids are behaving a bit more normally then Rick.

And we still don't know if Ben and the other kids who were deharnessed with him will still be connected to the skitters somehow..I'm guessing that's either in the last two episodes or something that they will follow more in Season 2.
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X