Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhatChance View Post
    That's great. I love this show. Hopefully we get a 20 episode season next year. Yeah Eureka's definitely gonna stay around a while with the top rating on the channel.
    Doubt it. Eureka seems to play better with just 13 eppys a season. More time for the writers to think up 13 good stories rather than having 4-5+ "filler" episodes that bring lower ratings if the season order was 20 episodes. A lot of cable shows are just 13 episodes per season...The Sopranos for one. Eureka can go on for years if they keep up the quality and humor of the series.

Beverly Barlowe and "The Consortium" is something they keep hinting at but haven't revealed anything yet.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

GW hates Eureka

Have you seen all the forums for other Scifi shows, half of them are dead shows or bordering on not being Scifi, but no Eureka.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
        Doubt it. Eureka seems to play better with just 13 eppys a season. More time for the writers to think up 13 good stories rather than having 4-5+ "filler" episodes that bring lower ratings if the season order was 20 episodes. A lot of cable shows are just 13 episodes per season...The Sopranos for one. Eureka can go on for years if they keep up the quality and humor of the series.

Beverly Barlowe and "The Consortium" is something they keep hinting at but haven't revealed anything yet.
        I agree, if it's not broke don't try to fix it.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd like more eps a season but not at the expense of the story. I'll have to live with the shorter season.

Comment

I actually like the shorter seasons. It allows for better concentration on storylines and characters, IMO. Some of my favorite shows are only 13 eps long and while there's the occasional twinge of greed for more, I don't think I'd want to change the format on any of them. Why risk ruining a winning formula?

Comment

Eureka is too fun to last only 13 episodes. i mean we're already half way finished of season 2 and it felt like it premiered recently. Waiting 9 months for a new season is too much especially given how much I enjoy this show.

I definitely like to see more on the Beverly character. With a couple more episodes they can stretch the story a bit. Remember the old days shows gets as much as 30 episodes a season? Even early in the 90's shows were pumping out 25-26 episodes season (DS9, X-Files) and both rocks to no end.

Colin and the producers are dancing around the full season for a while if Sci Fi approve, they'll definitely considers doing 20 episode season. BTW Eureka is planned as a 5 year run, if they get there (i have no doubt), there will only be 65 episode total for the series.

What they shown of the two seasons is they can definitely do a full season. I haven't gotten bore with it. In fact, I'm loving it more and more after each week.Why crap like Flash Gordon and Painkiller Jane gets a full season when they suck to no end? Their season are twice as long. But both looks like will get the axed. PKJ and FG are trash. Network usually DO NOT purchase show outright, only the pilot is order if they like what they see the rest get greenlit. How does PKJ and FG got pass approval is beyond me.

Since the episodes are mostly stand alone they could definitely go for a 20 eppy season.

.sighh...

Enough rambling for one night.

Comment

This show has the laziest writers ever. Rehashed story lines, cliched characters and so on. They need to go somewhere with the whole alternate-timeline story soon or I'm going to stop watching.
                We're whalers on the moon,
                We carry a harpoon.
                But there ain't no whales
                So we tell tall tales
                And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Report on this past Tuesday ratings:

From PWInsider:

ECW Ties Eureka in Ratings

by Dave Scherer
                  8/22/2007

On the go-home show before SummerSlam, ECW on Sci Fi did its best rating in some time, scoring a 1.7 cable rating (rounded up). For the first time in months, they tied Eureka as the top rated show on the network (while, to be fair Eureka rounded down to that number). So, it was definitely a good week for ECW.
                  It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Zoe's little moment with her IQ score was the most adorable thing I'd seen on TV in a while.
                    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Snow View Post
                      Zoe's little moment with her IQ score was the most adorable thing I'd seen on TV in a while.
                      exactly what moment was that?

BTW her IQ being 157 is laughable.

and the average IQ is between 85 and 115, 111 is not exactly average, 100 is, that is what the whole IQ system is based on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
                        Report on this past Tuesday ratings:

From PWInsider:

ECW Ties Eureka in Ratings

by Dave Scherer
                        8/22/2007

On the go-home show before SummerSlam, ECW on Sci Fi did its best rating in some time, scoring a 1.7 cable rating (rounded up). For the first time in months, they tied Eureka as the top rated show on the network (while, to be fair Eureka rounded down to that number). So, it was definitely a good week for ECW.
                        That sucks. I was enjoying the 1.2's and 1.3's ECW was getting. Hopefully it will go back to that. Was there any reason why the ratings spiked? SummerSlam?
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, is Eureka one of those shows you have to watch from the beginning or can I start watching at any point right away?

Comment

Ratings Recap:

Phoenix Rising: 1.9
                            Try, Try Again: 1.6
                            Unpredictable: 1.7
                            Games People Play 1.6
                            Duck, Duck, Goose 1.5
                            Noche de Sueños 1.6
                            Family Reunion 1.7

Ratings Duck for 'Duck, Duck, Goose' - Back for 'Noche'
                            Mon, August 20, 2007 (TV Ratings)
                            Reported by: Ian Mullen
                            The HH rating for 'Duck, Duck, Goose' dipped to 1.5, but returned to the season average of 1.6 the following week for 'Noche de Sueños' (1.63 to be exact for Noche). Eureka remains Sci Fi Channel's number one show, also beating off the series premiere of Flash Gordon, which aired on August 10 and scored a 1.5 HH rating.

FULL STORY

Courtesy of VisitEureka.net and Squall78 at SciFi Eureka Forum.
                            Last edited by DarkAngel34994; 29 August 2007, 04:40 AM. Reason: fixing grammar

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                              Hey guys, is Eureka one of those shows you have to watch from the beginning or can I start watching at any point right away?
                              I would say you can start watching anytime.

Comment

SFX Magazine Issue # 161 has an interview with Ed Quinn (Stark):

http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=latest_issue

Friday August 24, 2007

Latest issue

SFX 161 – October 2007

On sale Wednesday 29 August 2007

INDIANA JONES
                                It's been 18 years in the making but Indiana Jones IV is finally underway! This issue we've got a massive ten-page feature detailing all you need to know about the new movie, plus some rare Indy photos!

SARAH JANE ADVENTURES
                                Sarah Jane Smith is back and doing it for the kids with her new series. We talk to Lis Sladen about what's in store...

FREEMA AGYEMAN
                                You gave us the questions, we put them to the lovely Freema and she told all! Everything from her first inspiration to become an actor and what her role in Torchwood will be like, through to her personal film picks and a discussion about on-set farting.

THE MARVEL VAULT
                                Marvel fans rejoice - The Marvel Vault is possibly the most exciting book about the comics giant ever released! We have a look through some of the amazing things you can find inside...

CLIFFHANGER SERIALS
                                Remember Saturday morning TV serials? The ones with the awesome cliffhangers at the end? We do, and we've had a look back at the format that predated the B-movie.

SCI-FI AILMENTS
                                A guide to some of the horrible maladies that have afflicted our heroes of sci-fi. You're gonna need a bit more than a band-aid and a kiss from the pretty nurse to sort some of these out...

BOOK CLUB
                                Could it be The definitive Philip K Dick novel? This month's Book Club is all about Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?.

WISHLIST
                                Battlestar Galactica's fourth and final season is approaching and we wanted to know what you wanted to see. Here's what you told us...

TIME MACHINE
                                It was the story of a detective and the partner who wouldn't even let death get in the way of solving crimes. We look back on ITC's Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased).

COUCH POTATO
                                It's time to play the videos, it's time to dim the lights, it's time to eat some pizza for the Henson Couch tonight! Something like that, anyway. The Couch Crew has a visual wander through the works of the genius Jim Henson.

SPOILER ZONE
                                The new season of Eureka kicks off this issue and we've also got an early look at the Pilot for The Sarah Connor Chronicles! Plus all the usual goodness.

PLUS!

We were at this year's San Diego Comic Con! Read our report on all the big news.
                                The latest news on the Watchmen movie!
                                A first look at the Iron Man movie!
                                Everything you need to know about the upcoming new TV series Pushing Daisies.
                                Al Gough tells us all about the arrival of Supergirl in the new season of Smallville.
                                More from behind the scenes on Ashes to Ashes in Matthew Graham's production diary!
                                Douglas Adams's Dirk Gently series is heading for the radio! We've got all the news from the people in the know.
                                Gorgeous Gina Holden tells us what it's like playing Dale Arden in the new Flash Gordon TV series.
                                Peter F Hamilton, master of the hard SF space opera, talks to us about his new book The Dreaming Void.
                                Ed Quinn, the superbrain of Eureka, talks sci-fi, cowboy boots and mysterious MacGuffins.
                                Our verdicts on Sunshine, Battlestar Galactica season three, Babylon 5: The Lost Tales and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
                                All this and loads more…

NEXT ISSUE: SFX162, on sale Wednesday 26 September. Why not subscribe?

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.u...re.asp?sid=474

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X