No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, can we not call female characters sluts? I'm sorry but I really really hate that word - I don't care who we're talking about. It's completely demeaning. And Tess did nothing worthy of such a hateful name.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I was a fan and hoping for the Jack/Allison thing for a while (maybe 2 seasons), but kinda got to the point where it just seemed like it wasn't meant to be...they work better as siblings to me now.

If Tess is a slut is Jack a Mutt? I do however agree that Zoe trumps Tess!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
        I don't like Tess, and I'm glad she's gone, so I hope she stays that way. The show needs Zoe - it doesn't need her. Besides, with her playing the little slut, Jack will never get with Allison where he belongs. <g> (Okay, maybe that was harsh, but I really didn't like her! LOL)
        Well I know that Colin liked working with Jaime and he said they were going to try and bring her back, especially cause Eastwick got cancelled. I agree with Killdeer, the name-calling is unnecessary.
        And it's a given that he'll do everything he can to make sure Zoe stays on the show, he gets on really well with Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          I was a fan and hoping for the Jack/Allison thing for a while (maybe 2 seasons), but kinda got to the point where it just seemed like it wasn't meant to be...they work better as siblings to me now.

If Tess is a slut is Jack a Mutt? I do however agree that Zoe trumps Tess!
          I don't approve of casual sex in either the case of a man or a woman, and in a way, Jack is worse because he loves somebody else. But he is the hero, after all and I give him a little leeway because he's acting out his pain from losing the woman he loves.
          - Mary
          SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
          Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I agree about that lifestyle not being my choice, but it's a TV show so I generally see it for what it is...fiction.

I thought those memories were erased?
            sigpic

Comment

Ah, but the whole beginning of S 3.0 was how Jack loved Alli and it was all so very tragic that the woman he loves is marrying another man.

Personally, I think tptb are just a little schitzophrenic when it comes to shipping. This is the way they lean one day and they lean the other the next day.
              sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Jack is currently with Tess and happy and has never had a successful bid with Allison.

Heard the saying, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"? That's kinda how I feel, and I do genuinely think Tess is funny!
                sigpic

Comment

Oh, I totally love Tess too. I even liked Jack/Tess. I've decided that I'm just going to multi-ship on EUReKA with the exception of my crack!pairing Jack/SARAH. I'll just roll with what they give me.
                  sigpic

Comment

IMHO - Allison made her choice, Nathan. He died. She's got to deal with that. I think that if she and Jack "got together" this soon that would be the, sorry I can't think of a better word, s**tty thing.

Jack doesn't deserve to be the runner-up or consolation prize in that relationship. Friends, very good friends but not lovers.

I'm not sure that Tess is his answer either.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> changing direction

Someone on the SyFy board suggested that Alton Brown play Fargo's uncle. Then the discussion turned to being himself and working with Vincent in Cafe Diem for a day or so.
                    Alton and Vincent in the kitchen together - the mind boggles.
                    You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
                      IMHO - Allison made her choice, Nathan. He died. She's got to deal with that. I think that if she and Jack "got together" this soon that would be the, sorry I can't think of a better word, s**tty thing.

Jack doesn't deserve to be the runner-up or consolation prize in that relationship. Friends, very good friends but not lovers.
                      I completely agree with that.
                      I'm not sure that Tess is his answer either.
                      While I like Tess a lot, and would be just fine with a Jack/Tess pairing, realistically I doubt she's going to be in the picture much longer, so I can't get too invested in it.

Spoilers for S4 -
                      Spoiler:
                      In the press release for S4, Jaime Ray Newman was only listed as a Special Guest Star. My guess is that she will only be around for a few episodes. Also, she's going to be in another cable series this summer, which suggests to me that Eureka isn't taking up that much of her time.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

*sigh* I never get to see Jaime Ray on the shows I really like. At least not for any great length of time.
                        sigpic

Comment

She has commitment issues, so maybe Jack is better off anyways...she would only leave when a better opportunity came along!
                          sigpic

Comment

Maybe if someone would commit to her? Maybe?
                            sigpic

Comment

Or not cancel her show
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post

Agreed. I like Jack/Tess together, though I was originally a Jack/Allison shipper. But I'm getting a bit bored of seeing Jack pine after Allison and for his feelings not to be reciprocated, so I like that he gets to be happy with someone who feels the same way about him as he does about her. If it lasts, great. If not, he got a chance to be happy for a while, which I approve of.

Comment

Working...
                                X