Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
    I got my Season 1 Eureka this week. I'd never seen the show before but ordered it figuring I would like it.
    So, I watched the pilot episode last night and I love it.
    Quirky characters, cool science, mystery and humour.....what's not to love???
    Such good funness!

Anyone heard when SPACE is airing it? September? October? Dare I wish for end of August?

Comment

You can dare to hope for August(I'll hope with you) but the fall is probably a better guess.

Comment

I'm getting physced for the new season. I was glad to read that basically the entire cast from the first season is back for the second.

Comment

Man they are really promoting the crap out of Eureka, and I actually find the comercials more entertaining then I found the show.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Man they are really promoting the crap out of Eureka, and I actually find the comercials more entertaining then I found the show.
            LOL, I was thinking the samething, as much as I like Eureka, it is rather pedestrian for a scifi show. Those infomercial spots are quite funny and very well-done.
            The USS Defiant Rocks!
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

No one has anything to say about tonight's episode? I thought it was ok, though I don't know if I'm gonna like this "dark Henry" storyline.
              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Not a bad Season premiere IMO. Not the best I've seen out of the show though either.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I liked it, mostly, although I agree about that story arc (she said, protecting the West Coasters ); I don't like the feel of it.

Spoiler:
                  I liked how Carter was having trouble with the whole remembering a different timeline thing. On the one hand I can understand why they had to pif his future memories, but on the other it might have been interesting to see how it might carry through for a while.

I'm also not sure about the Kevin storyline. I could kinda see it coming and I can give it more leeway than the Dark Henry stuff, but I'm still wary.

And then there was the preview.

Spoiler:
                  Please, please, please tell me they aren't going to do something like Atlantis's Hide & Seek.

I know, I know, hard to tell from previews, but that's what popped into my head.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                    No one has anything to say about tonight's episode? I thought it was ok, though I don't know if I'm gonna like this "dark Henry" storyline.
                    Yeah, I'm not quite sure about that either.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                    I liked it, mostly, although I agree about that story arc (she said, protecting the West Coasters ); I don't like the feel of it.

Spoiler:
                    I liked how Carter was having trouble with the whole remembering a different timeline thing. On the one hand I can understand why they had to pif his future memories, but on the other it might have been interesting to see how it might carry through for a while.

I'm also not sure about the Kevin storyline. I could kinda see it coming and I can give it more leeway than the Dark Henry stuff, but I'm still wary.

And then there was the preview.

Spoiler:
                    Please, please, please tell me they aren't going to do something like Atlantis's Hide & Seek.

I know, I know, hard to tell from previews, but that's what popped into my head.
                    Drat! I missed the preview somehow.

What are your reservations about the Kevin storyline? I'm afraid I didn't really think about it--other than wondering where in the world they were going with it.

I missed a fair amount of the show tonight, so I was pretty lost. I hope they're re-airing it....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                      What are your reservations about the Kevin storyline? I'm afraid I didn't really think about it--other than wondering where in the world they were going with it.
                      Spoiler:
                      I guess I'm just leery of the idea of Kevin becoming something "other." Whether it'll turn him into a force of evil (although I think they may try taking Henry that way instead) or a force of goody-goodness remains to be seen, but either way I liked Kevin the way he was and these Ultimate Good/Ultimate Evil/Ultimate Whatever plotlines are never very good, IMO.

Whatever. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be nothing like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I guess I'm just leery of the idea of Kevin becoming something "other." Whether it'll turn him into a force of evil (although I think they may try taking Henry that way instead) or a force of goody-goodness remains to be seen, but either way I liked Kevin the way he was and these Ultimate Good/Ultimate Evil/Ultimate Whatever plotlines are never very good, IMO.

Whatever. Hopefully I'm wrong and it'll be nothing like that.
                        Hmm--I see what you mean. Hopefully they'll take it a different way and it won't be Ultimate anything....

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat View Post
                          Hmm--I see what you mean. Hopefully they'll take it a different way and it won't be Ultimate anything....
                          Agreed, lets hope.

Nice to have it back.
                          Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                            I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like it...I like Henry the way he was before

I was amused by Jo's reaction to Taggart. I thought it was funny that she was asking Zoe for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.SamanthaCarter View Post
                              I'm pretty sure I'm not gonna like it...I like Henry the way he was before
                              I was really hoping that if they were going to go the memory wipe route, they'd at least have Henry wipe his memory, too. Admittedly, what happened was probably the most realistic outcome (as far as realism in a sci-fi series is concerned), but I'd rather they either both kept memories or both lost them. Only Henry remembering worries me that they're gonna to add yet another secret scheme plot.
                              Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

I did like this season opener quite a bit... I was thinking... "Interesting. They're not going to push the reset button." But lo and behold, they did and then didn't.

I suppose we can speculate on what Henry is up to. I personally don't think he's directing his resentment against Jack. It's more likely to be that he's trying to find out more about
                                Spoiler:
                                the artifact. So it seems now that the artifact is really some kind of conspiracy magnet.

I'm thinking that Kevin
                                Spoiler:
                                is psychic.
                                sigpic
                                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Working...
                                X