Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kem Rixen
    Wow, that was amazing, I can't wait for a second season now.

Spoiler:
    Also, did anyone else spot that alternate Stark worked at the same place that the phsychitrist was talking to at the end? Was it something like Cisco labs or something? So many little bits of information in this episode, it was so neat.

heh. Actually Cisco is the name of a networking company. Their name was on the phones purely as ad revenue

Comment

Stark was working at
      Spoiler:
      Stark industries
      you saw the name when they entered the scene, but only for a few moments
      Spoiler:
      Before you met me I was a fairy princess
      I caught frogs and called them prince
      And made myself a queen
      Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
      I slept in castles and fell in love
      Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
      To capture tinkerbell
      They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
      But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
      And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
      And anything I can to get by
      And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
        The actors commented on the podcasts that even they felt the Jack/Allison relationship was "forced". The viewers saw the potential, so why rush/push it...esp in the first season?

As far as the future timeline, nobody knows if the characters would end up in the same situations and positions, except Henry and Kim wouldn't have happened. One could speculate that Stark couldn't sweep the artifact incident under the rug if Kim was still alive and that was the reason he was fired in the alternate timeline. Kim told the true story to accident/incident investigators. With Stark out of the way, it opened the door for a full blown Jack/Allison relationship that led to marriage.
        Good points, but my real issue was more with Jacks little speech to Allison just before he goes back.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
          Unfortunately, Skiffy is renewing for only 13 episodes for season 2, and it won't show up on the schedule until next summer!
          13 eps works well for HBO and FX shows.

Leaves me wanting more.

There were a couple eps this season that, even knowing they were shown out of order, just seemed like throw aways.

I'd rather have the writers craft 13 above average eps than 15 great and 5 throwaways. the throwaways really detract from the overall show.
          Thanks!
          Jordan

my page
          My LJ
          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
            13 eps works well for HBO and FX shows.

Leaves me wanting more.

There were a couple eps this season that, even knowing they were shown out of order, just seemed like throw aways.

I'd rather have the writers craft 13 above average eps than 15 great and 5 throwaways. the throwaways really detract from the overall show.
            I think Eureka took Skiffy by surprise - it did much better than they expected and they would have looked stupid cancelling their top rated summer show. It is still a step-child.

I'm really ticked that Eureka, which my whole family enjoys, will only get 13 new eppys, while Painkiller Jane (hot supersoldier babe/killing machine) gets a full 22 episode season. I wouldn't watch that for any reason!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              while Painkiller Jane (hot supersoldier babe/killing machine) gets a full 22 episode season. I wouldn't watch that for any reason!

yah...i'm kinda surprised about the PKJ thing. I didn't think the movie was that good, certainly not enough to warrant a full season of eps. that's just me, though.
              Thanks!
              Jordan

my page
              My LJ
              From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                yah...i'm kinda surprised about the PKJ thing. I didn't think the movie was that good, certainly not enough to warrant a full season of eps. that's just me, though.
                PKJ ties in with Skiffy's wrestling mentality lately, while Eureka and SG1 are SCIENCE fiction and cater to families.

I think we can see what sort of audience Skiffy is reaching out to.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

im glad its been renewed for a second season

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
                    Good points, but my real issue was more with Jacks little speech to Allison just before he goes back.
                    Funny...a lot of people were asking why didn't Allison go back with Jack? That might have been interesting with both knowing what happened between them...but Stark wouldn't get his "2nd chance" and we would miss the banter between the 3 of them. It was never mentioned how many people could go back at one time or maybe the writers assumed the viewers knew that only one could.
                    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I thought it was kind of funny, or sad maybe, that in the season finale of Eureka they tried to do a touching emotional story. The thing is you can't do touching and emotional that early, no one really cares about the characters or their fates. Hell, half of Eureka could die and no one would care.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Speak for yourself, thank you, and don't presume to know how others feel.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          Speak for yourself, thank you, and don't presume to know how others feel.
                          My apologies, half of Eureka could die and most people wouldn't care. My point is that the characters aren't really established enough that people have an emotional attachment to them.
                          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

Gosh, that's funny, because I sure as hell care about the characters and I'd be very upset if half the town died. There's a difference between fact and opinion. Figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Gosh, that's funny, because I sure as hell care about the characters and I'd be very upset if half the town died. There's a difference between fact and opinion. Figure it out.
                              Ok how's this I would not care if half the people in Eureka died, I would not be heartbroken if the show got cancelled. I have watched the show several times, and while I find it distracting if I have nothing else to do, have not developed any kind of emotional attachment to the characters. You on the other hand, apparantly have. Maybe you see something more than I do, I was just really dissapointed in the show.

Comment

ive just seen the last two episodes of eureka on sky and i thought they were great.
                                Spoiler:
                                i really liked the episode with them all trapped in the house, poor pizza guy, and kim dying was really sad.
                                i cant wait for season 2 and i have to say that im pleasantly suprised at how the first series has turned out

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Working...
                                X