No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the new thing is to piss off as many fans as possible.

It was smart to test the water with 13 episode seasons, but why would Sci-fi be smart?

Then they cut all the shows from 22 episodes to 20, and now they have 22 episodes FIRST seasons.

I hope Painkiller Jane and Flash Show, both have 22 episodes, fail and fail big just so Sci-fi wasted tons of money.

And Eureka will most likely be with the Flash Gordon series.

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
      According to Skiffy's website, Season 2 of Eureka premieres in July 2007.
      Quite the wait since Season 1 ended.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I do hope Eureka continues a bit longer than 2 seasons. I'm just getting into it and am about half way through the first season. There are too many odd things that can happen in that little town, I want to see more!

I've wondered about this Pain Killer Jane too. A location scout came in asking about renting space in the warehouse of the place I work to build a set for some scenes they wanted to shoot. Wondered what the hell he was talking about. He just went on about it like I should know what it was!!! LOL!

There was a film of it which was really bad according to what I've read of it? A watered down yet another hero with amazing healing powers or something. I only looked this up to find out what it was after speaking to that guy!

I think the title itself is enough to help the thing along the road to crashing, it doesn't sound like something I would really want to watch. Shame that good concept shows get discarded to make way for lame ducks more often than not!

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
          Painkiller Jane gets 22 episodes (or 20 maybe with two weeks off)????? What kind of schizzit is that? They only gave Eureka, Dresden and BSG 13 in the first season and as far as I know, Eureka is only getting 13 in season 2.
          It depends on the financing and pre-sales in foreign markets as well as domestic ad pre-sales. Plus PKJ won't need to use many special effects/vfx or a large cast, which would help keep the cost of the show within acceptable budgetary limits.

From the rumors I've heard, one episode of Painkiller Jane has her pushing a granny in a wheelchair down the stairs and then beating her dead with a pipe. You'll have to watch the eppy to find out why...but it seems the series isn't gonna pull any punches nor is anything sacred or untouchable.

One of the original creators of the PKJ comics, Jimmy Palmiotti, wrote and collaborated on many of the episodes...so the stories/plots should be good and truer to the spirit and style of the comics.

As far as Eureka, Dresden, etc getting only 13 eppys, I rather have a shorter season with many good episodes than a full season with a bunch of filler or crappy eppys thrown in. Many cable series are relatively short...HBO's Rome is only 12 eppys per season and The Sopranos and Doctor Who had 13 eppys per season. Less chance of writer burnout, money can be spread out/used for more original series programming, etc etc. Suppose it depends on how one looks at it. Looks like the SFC wants to have new/original series on every 3-4 months...on sort of a rotation to keep things fresh and possibily attract new viewers.
          It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

Hello, I would like to inform you of a new interview with Ed Quinn here:
            http://www.thescifiworld.net/interviews/ed_quinn_01.htm

Linda Craddock: Excellent. Any similarities between Ed Quinn and “Nathan Stark”?
            Ed Quinn: I think there’s a bit. I think the sense of humor and maybe a serious side when it comes to work, but always trying to solve problems with humor first and really kind of enjoying life. I think “Nathan Stark” has these huge obsessions but, fortunately, I’m not plagued with (laughter), but besides that, yeah, I think he’s a little more metro than I am too.
            Gilles
            http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
            Ben Browder interview
            Beau Bridges interview

Comment

Thanks for the interview. It's always great to hear from the actors about how they view their characters and the show.
              Last edited by LaCroix; 26 March 2007, 06:31 AM. Reason: Didn't review post last night. Should't post when tired.

Comment

this show IS coming back right?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                  this show IS coming back right?
                  Yes, they are shooting the second season right now!
                  Gilles
                  http://www.thescifiworld.net

Amanda Tapping interview
                  Ben Browder interview
                  Beau Bridges interview

Comment

hot diggity

kinda makes me feel like riverdancin

Comment

Just jumping in here. When I was looking at (SG1s) Jack's cabin, I happened upon a lady who worked for Eureka. Looks like they might be filming some of the episodes(or one) at the cabin location. This lady was a location finder, she was really nice, and we had a nice chat. They also are filming "men in trees" there.
                      Music and Stargate
                      sigpic
                      Perfection

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post

I'm really ticked that Eureka, which my whole family enjoys, will only get 13 new eppys, while Painkiller Jane (hot supersoldier babe/killing machine) gets a full 22 episode season. I wouldn't watch that for any reason!

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha View Post
                        yah...i'm kinda surprised about the PKJ thing. I didn't think the movie was that good, certainly not enough to warrant a full season of eps. that's just me, though.
                        Just FYI:
                        PKJ already has been sold into syndication...so after the SFC 1st run airings, the local broadcast channels will probably start to air PKJ in the Fall. That's probably where the money came from to fund a full 1st season. There also appears to be a few controversial episodes in PKJ, but from the reviews, it appears to be a decent show. It will probably take the whole season to flesh out the characters and build cast chemistry. The series has nothing to do with the movie and this time around the creators of the PKJ comic are involved in the writing so it will be truer to the spirit and tone set in the comics.

13 episodes are a good number for Eureka. Keeps the show fresh and interesting when the season is that short. Many european shows only have 12-13 episodes per season...can count "The Sopranos" and "Rome" too.

As long as the ratings are good, we'll (hopefully) get more seasons of Eureka. The show hasn't really explored who "Beverly" works for and what it all means yet...So there's plenty of stories they can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi View Post
                          Just FYI:
                          PKJ already has been sold into syndication...so after the SFC 1st run airings, the local broadcast channels will probably start to air PKJ in the Fall. That's probably where the money came from to fund a full 1st season. There also appears to be a few controversial episodes in PKJ, but from the reviews, it appears to be a decent show. It will probably take the whole season to flesh out the characters and build cast chemistry. The series has nothing to do with the movie and this time around the creators of the PKJ comic are involved in the writing so it will be truer to the spirit and tone set in the comics.
                          I'd rather see Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, and the gang having science fiction adventures on new eppys of SG1 than watch a hot babe with a gun so, no. . .I won't be watching any of "Jane".

As long as the ratings are good, we'll (hopefully) get more seasons of Eureka. The show hasn't really explored who "Beverly" works for and what it all means yet...So there's plenty of stories they can tell.
                          Does Skiffy intend to do a marathon before the new season in July, or at least put on reruns? I've forgotten most of what was going on.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            I'd rather see Ben Browder, Michael Shanks, and the gang having science fiction adventures on new eppys of SG1 than watch a hot babe with a gun so, no. . .I won't be watching any of "Jane".
                            Me too, but at least there will be a couple of movies to tie things up. Don't know when they'll schedule "Flash Gordon" or what show will be paired up with it...maybe "Dr. Who"?.

Does Skiffy intend to do a marathon before the new season in July, or at least put on reruns? I've forgotten most of what was going on.
                            Don't know. They already ran 2 Eureka marathons and the SFC schedule only goes as far as May. In May, Tuesday's are scheduled to be SG-1 marathons, from 8am - 10 pm with an X-Files eppy at 5 pm. One would think they'll replay season 1, or at least some of the eppys before season 2 of Eureka kicks off.

Spoiler:
                            In a recent interview, Joe Morton hinted that in S2, Henry and Beverly will have some interesting encounters.
                            Last edited by Sci-Fi; 09 April 2007, 04:52 PM.

Comment

If there have been some Eureka marathons, I've missed them. Hopefully they will rerun the episodes before the new one show up. I've missed this show!

I know Painkiller Jane is supposed to be on after SG1 and SGA this Friday, but I'm flipping channels after SGA. PJ looks hokey, like just another macho woman, and I'd much rather see some good sci fi, like new SG1 (not just the movies).

I am looking forward to some new Doc Who though.

Comment

Originally posted by GateLadyM View Post
                                I'd much rather see some good sci fi.
                                Then Sci-fi Channel is not for you.

, like new SG1 (not just the movies).
                                Oh your version of good means bad, then you are watching the right channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X