Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedGuard
    Tomorrow, I wonder if House and Eureka are on at the same time...(edit) no, House is on first. That is what I call a night of programming. Two great shows.

However, what is with SciFi showing Eureka so many times during the week? I swear its being replayed twice after Tuesday. Don't get me wrong, I love Eureka, but I wonder if constantly showing it during the week will hurt it's ratings for Tuesday. Why watch the first run when you know you can catch it some other time during the week? Then again, it may snag other viewers if it's reshowings are pulling in nice ratings.
    It's probably an experiment and besides, the SFC has plenty of slots open on other nights to do it. If repeats of Eureka are getting better ratings than what is usually aired/shown, then it's worth it. SkyOne repeats many of their shows several times during the same week. Repeat showings could find casual viewers that missed an episode or haven't discovered the show yet. Also, people tend to want to watch the episodes on a first run basis, esp if people at work are buzzing/talking about the show.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

I watched episodes 4-6 last night... I really enjoyed them. I did think after the memory one that it looked a little b-grade, that reminded me of many '80s TV eps for some reason but these last 3 were very entertaining, I haven't watch a show in a while that just gives me pure entertainment, it is a welcome change.

I am still not happy about the Australian characterature character *why so many flags?, and don't start me on the Aboriginal art* but I really loved Matt as Max Headroom so I use my 'this is just America's unimaginative take on Australian's'; it doesn't matter. *apparently*

Comment

Wow! Just...wow! I think this is my favorite episode so far. I love that the 'bad' guys aren't necessarily the bad guys--that there is depth and...anguish to them. I love that I didn't see where they were going with it (what can I say? I'm a little dense). I love that I cried and laughed in the space of five minutes. It seems this show isn't afraid to go...well, anywhere!

Sorry for the gushing. I just really, really enjoyed it.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

So Stark is a person with feelings.

Darnit! I really wanted to hate him...
          "You cannot reason with your own heart;
          it has it's own laws and beats about things
          which the intellect scorns."
          - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat

I am still not happy about the Australian characterature character *why so many flags?, and don't start me on the Aboriginal art* but I really loved Matt as Max Headroom so I use my 'this is just America's unimaginative take on Australian's'; it doesn't matter. *apparently*
            Actually Matt holds dual U.S./Canadian citizenship....
            TVGuide.com: When I watched the Eureka pilot I almost didn't recognize you — "Is that Matt Frewer?" — because of the crazy accent and all.
            Frewer: There was some debate as to whether I should use the accent, but he was written as an Australian guy so I showed up on set with an Australian accent. Everyone was like, "You're going to do it as an Australian?" and I said, "Well... yeah!"
            I posted news articles a few posts ago, but you can read the rest of Matt's interview with TV Guide at this link:
            http://www.tvguide.com/News/Insider/...466C4E1115B%7D

Can visit any of the UK based forums and fans there are puzzled by and make fun of his "Aussie" accent. Personally, I think he should give it up...but that's just me.
            It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Comment

So that's supposed to be a real accent? Hm. That doesn't sit as well with me. I like him better as a fake.

Comment

Hmm, I just assumed, as Eureka is constantly poking fun at itself, that Matt was doing pretty much the same. I like the "fake" Aussie accent.....and it's so nice to see that someone else remembers Max Headroom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Question: Who was the blonde AI? I mean, the actors name.
                  http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci-Fi
                    Actually Matt holds dual U.S./Canadian citizenship....
                    Well I meant the shows main writers or producers I was assuming like a lot of shows it has major American backing somewhere... still aren't Americans and Canadians all the same? [/sarcasm]

He sounds like Steve Irwin, and although at the moment it isn't a nice thing to say... but Steve was one of those Australian's who had a very unique almost rare (bush) Australian accent, his accent was broader and more pronounced then most Australian's have, I mean does Hugh Jackman sound like that????

I wouldn't mind so much if Matt was an Australian, I have heard some god awful takes on Australian accents and can live with them but this is the whole thing, the accent, the words (tinny, he said tinny!!!! ) I just think it is OTT. It is like Matt sat down and watched a lot of bad Australian TV of the 1960/70s...

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                      Question: Who was the blonde AI? I mean, the actors name.
                      David Paetkau. He was in Stargate SG-1 episode "Forsaken."

imdb link: http://imdb.com/name/nm0655959/

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Comment

Thank you! I tried to find him last night on IMDb, but I didn't know his name. It didn't work, as you can figure...
                        Spoiler:
                        Before you met me I was a fairy princess
                        I caught frogs and called them prince
                        And made myself a queen
                        Before you knew me I traveled 'round the world
                        I slept in castles and fell in love
                        Because I was taught to dream

I found mayonnaise bottles and poked holes on top
                        To capture tinkerbell
                        They were just fireflies to the untrained eye
                        But I could always tell

I believe in fairytales and dreamers dreams like bed sheet sails
                        And I believe in Peter Pan and miracles
                        And anything I can to get by
                        And fireflies...

"What's the point of being grown-up if you can't act childish sometimes?" -- Doctor Who

Comment

Have they ever said--is Alison's son Stark's son, too?

Comment

Originally posted by warmbeachbrat
                            Have they ever said--is Alison's son Stark's son, too?
                            Stark's Kevin's step-dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                              So Stark is a person with feelings.

Darnit! I really wanted to hate him...

I saw the crack in his tough person act last week. It was in the begining where he and Allison were talking about the project and said something about wanting to talk to her. I think he still loves her and hasn't given up hope yet.

But last night's episode was very telling. Carter and Zoe's scene's were typical Father and Daughter, but with the added mix of what she had done.
                              Jo and someone from her past, not being who she thought he was. And of course the Carter and Allison scene was priceless.

It was kinda of a sad ending with Stark. I really felt for him.

Comment

I think this was my fave ep so far.

All the characters had a bit of something going on and Jo and Stark both got to be a bit more human than normal.

And...really...I hadn't even been thinking about the nature of Callister's backstory, so when it was revealed, I was pleasantly surprised.
                                Thanks!
                                Jordan

my page
                                My LJ
                                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Working...
                                X