Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uknesvuinng
    NID M5, clearly also a reference to Mythbusters, namely Jamie's M5 Industries...

Honestly, unless there's some interview or somesuch that mentioned there would be SG-1 references, I think many of these are imagined. Sorry.
    I don't think so. There are way too many of them. Oh - and the bad guy this week's name is Anderson. Too many names in common for it to be coincidence.
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
      I don't think so. There are way too many of them. Oh - and the bad guy this week's name is Anderson. Too many names in common for it to be coincidence.
      So they're also making Matrix references? What don't they reference?
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

So they're also making Matrix references? What don't they reference?
        I was thinking more in terms of Richard Dean, but it does work for Matrix as well.

They also have the name Zoe from Firefly.

It's just part of the fun. Is that a problem?
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

oo Just watched the episode. Damn good.

Kim's the IOA Chinese representative in SG-1 isn't she?
          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

They also have the name Zoe from Firefly.

It's just part of the fun. Is that a problem?
            Not really. Have all the fun you want. And that's an order.

I just didn't see the need in attributing such details to a reason that didn't necessarily even exist. Don't mind me.
            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Not really. Have all the fun you want. And that's an order.

I just didn't see the need in attributing such details to a reason that didn't necessarily even exist. Don't mind me.
              We don't know if it exists or not. There's a 50/50 chance either way.

For the record, I'm not the only that has picked up on it. A number of things were pointed out to me that I didn't catch. Like I said, all part of the fun if it works for you. If not, no problem.
              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                oo Just watched the episode. Damn good.

Yep, she is.
                - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                  That was bugging me the whole episode, I just couldn't figure out who that was. Thank you!
                  My new favorite quote:
                  "Fly Lucius, fly"
                  -Rodney
                  My old favorite:
                  "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
                  -Dr. Lee

Comment

If all these coincidences ARE Stargate references, I'll lose respect for the show.

There's more than one interpretation for everything and sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence. I mean, ye gods, if you banned all names that ever appeared on Stargate on screen or behind it, you'd be pretty limited in what you can use. "OMG! That guy's name is Joe! That's obviously a reference to Joe Mallozzi!" "Didja see?? That place is called Smith's! Kavan Smith was on Stargate! That's too obvious NOT to be intentional!"

Even NID has multiple definitions.

I like the idea of Eureka being it's OWN show instead of a warehouse for SG references.

Comment

Well for UK fans Eureka is starting tonight at 9 on Sky One !!!
                      Looks great !!!
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Eureka!! Saw the premiere couple weeks ago and what an entertaining show!! Love the quirky characters (might just be me but I do get a Twin Peaksy feeling about this one )

Anyway ,what a change from all the spinoffs and judging from all the lurve out there for it , this one might be a keeper for SciFi. 3rd ep and doing good! Kudos to TPTB (for a change ) Nice to have found this thread! I`m sure it will grow in leaps and bounds over next couple of months.

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                        - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          If all these coincidences ARE Stargate references, I'll lose respect for the show.

There's more than one interpretation for everything and sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence. I mean, ye gods, if you banned all names that ever appeared on Stargate on screen or behind it, you'd be pretty limited in what you can use. "OMG! That guy's name is Joe! That's obviously a reference to Joe Mallozzi!" "Didja see?? That place is called Smith's! Kavan Smith was on Stargate! That's too obvious NOT to be intentional!"

Even NID has multiple definitions.

I like the idea of Eureka being it's OWN show instead of a warehouse for SG references.
                          What's the big deal?

Stargate was constantly referencing other shows including the whole Captain Kirk thing on SGA. It made us laugh and we enjoyed it.

If it is what's happening on Eureka, it's all in fun. If not, so what? Why is it necessary to try and ruin the fun others are having with the show "just because"?

Sheesh.
                          - Mark Twain -

Comment

What's the big deal?

Stargate was constantly referencing other shows including the whole Captain Kirk thing on SGA. It made us laugh and we enjoyed it.

If it is what's happening on Eureka, it's all in fun. If not, so what? Why is it necessary to try and ruin the fun others are having with the show "just because"?

Sheesh.
                            There's quite a difference between referencing multiple well-known science fictions and referencing one science fiction that until recently was the biggest show SciFi had. Not to mention SG-1 and Atlantis made the references as sort of a pop culture thing, something that normally happens in real life. Eureka's alleged references are all along the lines of Easter eggs, and in regards to the story, they're supposed to be unintentional coincidences. Frankly, I wouldn't mind at all if they had a rookie deputy that ran into a dangerous situation, and Carter called him "Colonel Mitchell" as a pop culture reference. I'm cool with SG-1 as a show existing in the universe as long as they don't go overboard with the references.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

Comment

If you look hard enough you can link anything back to Stargate or anyting that is as long running as it. Its pretty dumb to think they are putting these things in there for you to find them unless the majority of the writers are ex SG writers.
                              The enemy has spoken

Comment

Hey, just watching this on SKY 1 and im not sure if its been posted yet on here but i just saw a Genii weapon!!!! A bit odd!
                                Stargate: Genesis

http://stargategenesis.sg-event-hori.../genesis/site/ - Genesis Home
                                http://stargategenesis.16.forumer.com/index.php - Genesis Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X