No announcement yet.

Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know the ratings are fairly high here in the US. Don't know about anywhere else.
    Last edited by Everlovin; 24 June 2010, 04:31 PM.
    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I do a mix. I try to catch most shows like SGU, Eureka and Warehouse13 live...I like supporting SyFy if I can, but I don't have DVR so if I miss I will find a way to watch the show. Also, I'm usually highly anticipating the next episode.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        17 days left until S4!
        I won't post any spoilers, but I will say that I'm a little concerned about what they're saying in the promotional spots. It doesn't sound at all like the show I've come to know and love. I don't *want* a new show, I want the old one!
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

I think the promotional spots are just playing on a movie theme. Not that there isn't going to be
          Spoiler:
          something that happens that shakes everything up - they've been telling us that for a while.
          But I think it's still going to be the show and the characters that we love. And honestly, I'm more excited about this season than I've been for a while. While S1 was terrific, I think S2 and 3 kind of lost their way a bit maybe. And S3 particularly floundered. It didn't seem to have any clear direction. Part of that of course was the result of the writers' strike and having the season split over two summers. But I'm really hopeful that this year we can get back on track and have an awesome season.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
            I won't post any spoilers, but I will say that I'm a little concerned about what they're saying in the promotional spots. It doesn't sound at all like the show I've come to know and love. I don't *want* a new show, I want the old one!
            This is a spoiler/speculation thread so feel free to discuss! I'm really excited about this season, but I share a sense of "what are they going to change" fear with you!

The whole promo with Jack almost makes me think their going to do another alternate timeline thing where a bunch of stuff and people change, which doesn't sound good...but maybe the promo isn't real like the Fargonator. That being said I'm going to watch and likely enjoy anything they do, I'm just unsure what these "big changes" are going to be. I thought the end of last season with Tess and the team was getting pretty good!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
              I do a mix. I try to catch most shows like SGU, Eureka and Warehouse13 live...I like supporting SyFy if I can, but I don't have DVR so if I miss I will find a way to watch the show. Also, I'm usually highly anticipating the next episode.
              watching live only matters if you've got a neilsen box.

ratings aren't calculated by the actual number of people watching, just the people who have survey equipment.

which is why the whole system is stupid and untrustworthy, incredibly outdated, and unreliable.
              but television execs swear by it.

Comment

Morbo, I had thought technology had evolved to where people with satellites were counted. *shrugs* makes sense to me anyways. I have no idea about people with cable.
                sigpic

Comment

not to my knowledge. but the number of people who have satellite tv is pretty insignificant.
                  cable can't be monitored because it comes in all at once. it's just a signal. your TV separates it into the channels.

Comment

Maybe it's because I live in a rural area, but everybody here has satellite. I didn't realize the numbers were so low.
                    sigpic

Comment

In the US Satellite is on the rise I'd say, a decent chunk (at least 20%) of people I know have it...they have more High Definition.

Well even if I don't have a special box, I still support SyFy and my shows when I can!
                      sigpic

Comment

This is a spoiler/speculation thread so feel free to discuss! I'm really excited about this season, but I share a sense of "what are they going to change" fear with you!

The whole promo with Jack almost makes me think their going to do another alternate timeline thing where a bunch of stuff and people change, which doesn't sound good...but maybe the promo isn't real like the Fargonator. That being said I'm going to watch and likely enjoy anything they do, I'm just unsure what these "big changes" are going to be. I thought the end of last season with Tess and the team was getting pretty good!
                        I mostly agree with what you said, but the Fargonator, Harry's new squeeze, and all that stuff about things being changed scare me. I liked S1 because I like Jack/Allison, so #3 wasn't my favorite - and I hate Tess! I hope we don't see her at all! ;P
                        - Mary
                        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
                          I mostly agree with what you said, but the Fargonator, Harry's new squeeze, and all that stuff about things being changed scare me. I liked S1 because I like Jack/Allison, so #3 wasn't my favorite - and I hate Tess! I hope we don't see her at all! ;P
                          Tess Possible Spoilerish Info...
                          Spoiler:
                          I read or heard somewhere that she was (for now) only cast for a few episodes in S4 and not a series regular.
                          sigpic

Comment

Tess Possible Spoilerish Info...
                            Spoiler:
                            I read or heard somewhere that she was (for now) only cast for a few episodes in S4 and not a series regular.
                            Yes, the S4 press release
                            Spoiler:
                            called her a "special guest star." It didn't say specifically how many episodes, but "guest star" to me means not that many.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Yes, the S4 press release
                              Spoiler:
                              called her a "special guest star." It didn't say specifically how many episodes, but "guest star" to me means not that many.
                              Yayyyyyy!!!!! <g>
                              - Mary

Comment

the show has been off so long i don't even remember who tess is

Comment

Working...
                                X