Eureka : Episode Discussion /Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Well, I never really fell in love with any of the ships on EUReKA, so I had no real problem with Stark/Allison. If you watch some of the deleted scenes, there is a lot of that ship included in those.

I got tired of the whiplash they were giving me with the ships. S1 was allllll Jack/Allison. S2 was allll Nathan Allison. (with little bits of the opposite ship thrown in for the heck of it.) S3.0 was all over the place and S3.5 was a tptb backing off a lot. (hopeless shipper that I am still saw it, but that could just be me)

I liked Tess. I'm not sure if she was meant to 1) be more in the front with Salli/Allison's pregnancy, 2) put an end to the whole Jack/Allison thing or 3) show Jack that he really did love Alllison. I figure 1 for sure and it depends on your shippy stance for 2 or 3.

Ok, I'm rambling. A lot. Someone stop me now!
    Why? Every word made perfect sense to me. So are you saying that the actress who plays Allison (sorry, don't know any names except Colin yet) was pregnant too? That would explain why we never saw Allison after her baby was born - which is kind of ridiculous because, while he may not have seen her in the line of duty, I highly doubt that Jack and Zoe and everybody else in town wouldn't be visiting her.
    - Mary
    SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
    Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

S1 was allllll Jack/Allison. S2 was allll Nathan Allison. (with little bits of the opposite ship thrown in for the heck of it.) S3.0 was all over the place and S3.5 was a tptb backing off a lot. (hopeless shipper that I am still saw it, but that could just be me)
      No, that's pretty much how I saw it too. I like both Nathan and Tess, actually. And I was more Nathan/Allison than Jack/Allison by the end, so Tess didn't interfere with anything. I hope she comes back for this season.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252 View Post
        So are you saying that the actress who plays Allison (sorry, don't know any names except Colin yet) was pregnant too? That would explain why we never saw Allison after her baby was born - which is kind of ridiculous because, while he may not have seen her in the line of duty, I highly doubt that Jack and Zoe and everybody else in town wouldn't be visiting her.
        Yeah, Salli Richardson was pregnant - that storyline wasn't originally intended, from what I understand. The original plan was for Jack's sister to be pregnant, but she ended up getting written out.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Good Lord! Could you imagine Jack if Lexi hadn't been written out? All the babies due about the same time, they'd be in delivery rooms across the hall from one another and Jack would be running ragged between the two!

And, practically speaking, he'd be the father figure for 3 babies! Good Grief!
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Yeah, that would have been hilarious.

I think I like the way it turned out, though. Lexi got her happy ending, although it was a little abrupt, and I like that Allison has Nathan's daughter. And now there's Tess in the mix.

I'm really looking forward to this coming season though, especially after reading what Erica said.
            - Life after Stargate -
            sigpic

Comment

All of this is making me re-think watching any more if that's what TPTB are going to do to me as a fan! Jack and Allison belong together, period. <pout> No other ending is acceptable. Tess is just a loose woman who was satisfying Jack's carnal needs, but he couldn't love her. As for Nathan, as I said, from everything I've seen, the only person he's capable of loving is himself. How could TPTB introduce such horrible characters into such a good show? I don't get it. It's like . . . It's like . . . Cam and Vala. Hmm. . . .

Oh, yeah. . . now it makes more sense. . . . ;-)
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Like I said, I'm a shipper. And on this show, I see it everywhere. It did end on a slightly Jack/Allison note as far as I'm concerned. And I did see Jack/Allison all through the 3? 4? seasons. (What are we calling this next season? 4? *shrugs*) I just also saw a lot of every other ship.
                sigpic

Comment

To be quite frank (and this is just my own personal opinion) -

I would actually prefer Jack and Allison didn't get together in the end. IMO that ship has sailed. I was on-board in the first season, but Allison made her choice, and she didn't choose Jack. Getting them together now makes it seem like Jack is second choice, and I'd prefer he be with a woman that puts him first - like Tess. Tess is funny and snarky and smart, and she really likes Jack without all the hangups that Allison had/has.

That being said - my personal preferences aside - I think the writers' endgame has always been to put Jack and Allison together eventually, but not until the very end - I think Salli Richardson even said as much in one of her video interviews a couple of years ago.

But then - Erica said everything will be turned upside down this next season, so who knows what could happen?
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                    Can someone please tell me whether this is Erica? I've been trying to find some pics of her as Hera in the new movie Percy Jackson & the Olympians. The tag on the photo says Hades' wife, not Hera, but this looks like Erica to me.

Thoughts?
                    It's not her. It's Rosario Dawson that plays Persephone.

By the way, Eureka starts shooting on March 10th until November, and there's going to be 20 episodes.

Comment

I'm watching the ep "God is in the details" and was thrilled to see Teryl as the church music coordinator. I always thought that the main character's name being Jack Carter was way more than a coincidence where Stargate was concerned. But then Teryl's character mentioned her deceased husband ... Daniel. ROFL! Think that was a nod to the Janet/Daniel shippers who never got any satisfaction? Or am I reaching? I mean, of all the names they could have used for her husband, what are the chances it would be Daniel?
                      - Mary

Comment

LOL! I thought about that too when I first saw that episode.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        sigpic

Comment

OK, I'm two episodes on now, and this episode not only has Makepeace - doing a pretty respectable Russian accent - and Shanks!
                          - Mary

Comment

Michael was brilliant in that episode!
                            sigpic

Comment

Michael was brilliant in that episode!
                              LOL! I think I'll refrain from giving my opinion on anything Shanks-related since it would probably get me tossed out of Gateworld. <g> I did like Under the Mistletoe, though, so there are exceptions to every rule.
                              - Mary

Comment

I'm into watching the third season, and I think I'm ready to progress to fanfic. Does anybody know of any good JackAngst fic where he's depressed over the woman he loves marrying another man? (Egads, does this remind us of anything else? I swear, the writers on this show are Stargate fans! Or, at least, copy-cats!)

Oh, I tried looking at fanfiction.net, but I don't see much besides slash. Ugh!!
                                - Mary

Comment

Working...
                                X