Dollhouse Art and General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
    I have to agree with you, Lili, Eliza is playing Echo the same as Caroline. I remember first Caroline moments, she was the same fighter, has own secrets, see and understand more than we, who are watching (you know what I mean). I have to admit I'm watching from time to time Tru Calling in TV and Eliza is still the same person, comparing to Dollhouse(I mean she didn't change since TC). Although I like her as an actress, she seems quite exotic to me when I saw her first time, she has specific kind of beauty
    Ahhhh, twas as I thought. I divide actors into two catagories: reactive and active.

Reactive: can portray natural and truthful emotions, and depth of character. Talent is limited to playing one character (normally similar to real personality) or variants thereof.
    Notable actors in this catagory: Hugh Grant, Kiera Knightley, Orlando Bloom.

Active: ditto with the reactions, emotions and depth of character. However, can differentiate between a wide range of different characters, giving them all unique personalities and reavealing so through body, voice and reactions. When this is done perfectly they achieve what I call the Recognition Paradox in their audience - when the viewer sees the actor playing a character they find it hard recall anything but that character until the actor plays another role (when they will be totally different).
    Notable actors in this catagory - Edward Norton, Tom Hanks, Helena Bonham Carter.

I'm not just making this up (to some extent ) - I've studied drama for years and had it drilled into me soooo much what makes a good actor! But all this is opinion, of course And Reactive actors aren't bad - my best friend is a spectacular actress but she's mostly Reactive.

Hrhrhr thanks Lili^^ yeah I'll have to wait but this time maybe not so long, I wont be online for weekend so...when I'll be back subtitles should already be ready

And Lili writting a Fic? Cool banner, I'm going to read it now!
    No Achaja?! And thanks
    ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Everyone's opinions of Epitaph Two?

And arts..

Comment

Wheee I saw it!I saw it!

THIS.WAS.THE.BEST.EPISODE.OF.ALL!!!

Song from the ending:
        Spoiler:

I love all the songs that were at endings in Dollhouse, just in my taste

Epitah 2 spoilers
        Spoiler:
        - It was wonderful! Long time I didn't see such good episode!
        - The Tony & Priya issue was very clever, not naive and too sweet, it was very real
        - Yay Alpha & Bennett I was surpriced by Alpha's help
        - Topher- omg he looks so hot in this hair cut!! Not like boy but like man and he was funny to the end *poor Topher*
        - Adelle was like mother, cute!
        - I LOVE the Echo/Paul ending, very touching! *sniff sniff*

Best quote:
        Topher - Tired? Bedtime!
        his smile
        sigpic
        sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
          Wheee I saw it!I saw it!:

THIS.WAS.THE.BEST.EPISODE.OF.ALL!!
          Song from the ending:
          Spoiler:
          [-o[/video]

I love all the songs that were at endings in Dollhouse, just in my taste

Epitah 2 spoilers
          Spoiler:
          - It was wonderful! Long time I didn't see such good episode!
          - The Tony & Priya issue was very clever, not naive and too sweet, it was very real
          - Yay Alpha & Bennett I was surpriced by Alpha's help
          - Topher- omg he looks so hot in this hair cut!! Not like boy but like man and he was funny to the end *poor Topher*
          - Adelle was like mother, cute!
          - I LOVE the Echo/Paul ending, very touching! *sniff sniff*

Best quote:

his smile
          Pretty cool huh! And yeah, Fran Kranz totally stole the show. His acting was perfect - so tragic! *sobs some more* Seriously, about 20 minutes in I started crying and couldn't stop. Like I said, I may not like Eliza's acting too much, but her grief scene was amazing

Oh yay song links! I'm so loving this new video option!

Spoiler:

- I loved how he handled Tony/Priya. I was so afraid he would be typical evil!Joss, but he was nice And T was so cute! That scene "I want you to meet your dad" was so cute! And Tony: "hi, I'm Anthony but you can call me Tony" - ADORABLE.

- Aw Topher watching Bennett! And the way he put his finger to her lips at the end: "thank you". *sobs*

- I loved Alpha in this episode. I mean, he was totally thunkable before, but kinda fell in love with him Plus Alan Tudyk rules. Achaja - WATCH FIREFLY!

- Topher: there are no words to describe his awesomeness and tragicness in this ep. *attempts not to sob, but fails*

- Adelle was lovely. I love how she went from Uptight-B*tch-with-a-soft-side to Evil-B*tch to Humble-Lovely-Maternal-Figure

- The ending was so Joss! Tragic but kinda happy. Tbh that scene slayed me perhaps the most. It's so sad that he's just in her head!

Best quote:

Zone: so what do you have to take out to shove all that in?
          Kilo *holds up a memory stick marked "mercy" and grins wickedly*
          Ok, that's not technically a quote, but I loved it!

Unanswered questions:

- What the hell happened to Dominic? We had that teaser in the previous Epitaph, and then he just gets ignored
          - Will Rossum just start all over again? Will they now be able to take control of this damaged world?
          - Is Alpha now his original serial killer self or did he "evolve" enough?
          - Will Kilo and Mag get together? (I hope so )
          There were more but I forgot

All in all an amazing episode! And as the file for Epitaph Two pictures is now the biggest of all my Dollhouse folders, expect some art soon!!

Comment

I agree with you, this was darn good piece of acting! All of them played great but also the roles were well written for the ending.

- Paul/Echo issue was surprising, but so carefuly written so sweet^^
            - I love when Tony & T were burning stuff together^^

Haven't you got the feeling it was directed before S2? I've got such feeling. Maybe few scenes only?

Yeah, wonder what will happen with Alpha Also what is interesting, how he menage to stay "good" at the end...he was unpredictable...he was overloaded! but I guess the situation required it from him, to cooperate to survive.
            sigpic
            sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Alpha = love! Esp in this ep I totally love what Joss did with his character

And hmmm.... Nah, I think that Epitaph Two was done after S2, because I reckon Joss had to make major changes to the plot because the show was cancelled (re watching S1 there are lots of hints to plots that never happened).

EDIT: another fave line from the episode...

Kilo: (after Echo kicked her arse) She is so cool!
              Love it!
              Last edited by LiliJ; 04 February 2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

this was good^^

I guess you're right. Don't know why I thought so The actors seems to look different. (and I know they had to- because it was few years later in the plot) but still...Alan was as slim as in S1 ...nevermind

Ahhh latest icons!:
                sigpic
                sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Beautiful icons!! Here's mine plus some new ones. And watch this space because I have about a million caps and plan to make loooads of Epitaph 2 arts

And my fave Dollhouse ones from my entries for Whedon20in20...

EDIT: told ya

Last edited by LiliJ; 05 February 2010, 07:17 AM.

Comment

thanks and yours are also great! "to remeber" & "let me in" are just incredible *sniff sniff*

I was trying to make some too, but end only with these:

sigpic
                    sig thanks to Luci

Comment

They're awesome! How did you get that dotty effect?

Comment

I made it with this tutorial for PS but don't know if it would be helpful. thanks!
                        sigpic
                        sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Latest icons:
                          sigpic
                          sig thanks to Luci

Comment

I LOVED those So pretty

Comment

thankies And where are yours, huh?
                              dang it, it's so hard to win in that challenge
                              sigpic
                              sig thanks to Luci

Comment

TELL ME! *sigh* Ah well. I had fun making the icons anyway!

The first one's effect was achieved by a white circle brush and some blending, the texture in the second one was made by the awesome Jumble And the colouring in the last one was a complete accident I haven't been able to reproduce!

Comment

Working...
                                X