No announcement yet.

The Name of the Doctor (3314/714)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't say that out loud. Moffats might here you and his head might expoldw with the awesome.
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
      At the end, I was expecting Cumberbatch to turn round.. the profile even looked like him
      Oh, this would have been too good to be true...
      Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Now Cumberbatch would make an EXCELLENT Master....
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

First post on Board - so hallo everyone.

My immediate thought was that in The Beast Below, the Doctor when planning and acting to destroy the intelligence centre of the Space Whale said he would have to chose a new name because he wouldn't be "The Doctor" any more. So this Hurt character is a regeneration who has done something terrible by Timelord standards, and most people here think it is the ending of the Time War and the way that the Doctor ended it. However, the Moff might have something even worse in mind !

Comment

Originally posted by Tristen1 View Post

My immediate thought was that in The Beast Below, the Doctor when planning and acting to destroy the intelligence centre of the Space Whale said he would have to chose a new name because he wouldn't be "The Doctor" any more. So this Hurt character is a regeneration who has done something terrible by Timelord standards, and most people here think it is the ending of the Time War and the way that the Doctor ended it. However, the Moff might have something even worse in mind !
            Or something lamer
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

My best guess is what I previously wrote, or he is indeed pre-Doctor, before he nicked the Tardis. I'm sure I remember somewhere along the timeline someone (possibly even the Doctor himself) say that he was in prison, escaped, then stole the Tardis (I probably have that wrong cos I've watched so much Who over the years but it's something I keep remembering).

Also I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice on most regenerations the Doctor get's progressively younger looking, definitely in this reboot he does, but also in the original series he did too mostly, it was probably unintentional at first, but if the writers realised and decided to use it long term, it would also support the "pre-Doctor" theory, what with Hurt-Doctor looking like he's just picked up his pension from the Post Office.

Comment

I think he gets progressively younger for the same reason that his companions are generally pretty young women.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                  I think he gets progressively younger for the same reason that his companions are generally pretty young women.
                  To appeal to the viewing public?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                    To appeal to the viewing public?
                    Yep! We are not going to be seeing an old balding beer-gutted male doctor and his obese menopausal female companion.
                    sigpic

Comment

On the subject of the actors playing the Doctor getting younger, I'm fairly sure I remember hearing that when Moffat took over, he allegedly wanted an older Doctor than Tennant but he was blown away by Smith's acting when he auditioned (can anybody confirm or otherwise?). I know I was part of the "he's too young!" crowd until I actually watched The Eleventh Hour, and now, while I would appreciate a slightly more mature actor in the role once Smith steps down, I think acting ability and an understanding of the role prove more important.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by min min light View Post
                        Yep! We are not going to be seeing an old balding beer-gutted male doctor and his obese menopausal female companion.
                        or the balding beer-gutted male doctor and his teenage assistant, don't think that would go down too well

Robert Carlisle was Moff's first choice iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristen1 View Post

Wellcome, than

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                          On the subject of the actors playing the Doctor getting younger, I'm fairly sure I remember hearing that when Moffat took over, he allegedly wanted an older Doctor than Tennant but he was blown away by Smith's acting when he auditioned (can anybody confirm or otherwise?). I know I was part of the "he's too young!" crowd until I actually watched The Eleventh Hour, and now, while I would appreciate a slightly more mature actor in the role once Smith steps down, I think acting ability and an understanding of the role prove more important.
                          Yeah, I've heard an interview resently where he said, he didn't want an u30 year old doctor but than, Smith came along (and who could blame him for chosing him? I think he is a brillant actor and a wonderfull doctor, and by now not under 30 anymore, is he? ).

But what do you guys say to my theorie the Hurt Doctor isn't a specific regeneration (past or future) but something diffrent, something that lys underneth his character, or something? Completly rubbish or a possibility?
                          Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                            But what do you guys say to my theorie the Hurt Doctor isn't a specific regeneration (past or future) but something diffrent, something that lys underneth his character, or something? Completly rubbish or a possibility?
                            That is my preferred resolution, I dont want Moffat messing with past regenerations
                            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Nice, not to be alone there than

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                                Robert Carlisle was Moff's first choice iirc.
                                I love him to pieces so that would have been great too, but he's still good-looking. And kind of ageless in a way.

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
                                I agree that this would be much better than messing with past regenerations, and I like it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X