No announcement yet.

Nightmare in Silver (3313/713)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what i understand, the TARDIS (for anyone who has delved deeply enough) was grown on Gallifrey from a loom.

I dont remember how the TARDIS came to have consciousness.

I do remember something about Quantum Mnemonics or Block Transfer Computations

N.C

P.S http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/hyperloom.php

P.P.S http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/neuraldocks.php

P.P.P.S http://www.whoniverse.net/tardis/blocktransfer.php

Enjoy

Also, the History of Gallifrey and then some http://meshyfish.com/~roo/index.html
    Last edited by Nth Chevron; 11 May 2013, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post

The doctor realising, hes having a cruch on Clara? Hm, personally I liked it, thou I can already here lots of people complaining. But I thinc, Coco was right with what she said last week about the Doctor getting a little too horny (doesen suit im) Too tight skirts?! But maybe there will we a reason for that change?
      We have the episode tonight where I am. I watch on TV and don't d/load like the rest..... Hmmmm Coco is not a girl BTW at least the last time I checked
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
        IOh... detachable autonomous hands? Have the Cybermen been watching Red Dwarf, Or The Addams Family?
        Ha - I had the exact same thought.

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
        Gaiman borrow a few ideas from star trek borg and turn the cybermen into a true threat for once, the stuff growing out of the doctor face reminds me of Seven of nine.
        And this as well - also their ability to (basically) adapt, like to the electrified water. Plus the addition of their fanny jetpack or whatever it was that sped them up, which was good because I have always laughed at the idea of these cybermen terrorizing the world .333 mph at a time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
          Did anyone catch the floating piece of beeping Cyber-tech at the end of the episode?
          For an "implosion" bomb, it was awfully explosive. No wonder bits escaped...

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
            That TARDIS?
            The one in The Lodger.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              The one in The Lodger.

What made you think of The Lodger?

OK this episode was different. The Doctor has a crush on Clara..... Oooh.

Cybermen seemed like a real threat now, not just a joke. Gold now won't work on them anymore, and they've now had access to a lot of the Doctor's mind. That can't be good.

The episode was actually good. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I too wondered what that gadget was at the end floating away from the exploded planet. Maybe we'll find out another time, maybe not.

next episode looks fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post

OK this episode was different. The Doctor has a crush on Clara..... Oooh.

Cybermen seemed like a real threat now, not just a joke. Gold now won't work on them anymore, and they've now had access to a lot of the Doctor's mind. That can't be good.

The episode was actually good. I enjoyed it for the most part.

I too wondered what that gadget was at the end floating away from the exploded planet. Maybe we'll find out another time, maybe not.

next episode looks fun too.
                Couldn't you tell? It was a Cyber Mite.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Actually i thought it was the half faceplate that was on the Doctors face

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                    Actually i thought it was the half faceplate that was on the Doctors face

N.C
                    Just checked again. Definitely a Cyber Mite.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

All I could think was...

Don't care what happens to the annoying kids, so no drama there (and, of course they're 100% not going to die anyway, so 100% no drama).

Don't care what happens to the army dorks... The only one that had any serious screen time was the boss, and only if we'd had a bit more time with her might we have cared about her decision to try and use the bomb rather than obey the Doctor/Clara's orders. As for the rest, no empathy as we didn't get to know them.

The battle of wills was kind of interesting, though the performance didn't appeal...

The new Cybusmen look... not all that different from the previous incarnation IMO... Yes, more stream lined, and I do like the faces... but we've just traded STOMP STOMP STOMP for... hydraulic noises... and the continuation of the upgrade to now mean they just adapt like the BORG is SUCH a bad idea!!! (About as bad as giving Daleks personal force fields)

Sadly, for this current year, I'd have to say it's probably about the 3rd best of the run.
                      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                      and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        Just checked again. Definitely a Cyber Mite.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Because the Tardis type craft use Timelord science. An plus the Cybermen use brains to power there bodies, so why not their time ships.

The idea came from the idea presented here that the Doctor may have given the Cybermen some essential piece of knowledge, an I jump to the conclusion that piece of knowledge may be how to make something bigger on the inside and time lord, may as part of a longer term plan for a new time war.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                            Agreed.

My bad sorry. My eyes were not focusing tonight.....

It is a cybermite. So will that mite have parts of the knowledge they siphoned off the Doctor.

His comment at the end of the episode was a bit odd. Why even mention Clara's clothing?

Comment

I thought it was a cybermen head when I was watching the episode. Glad it turn out to be a mite.

Comment

A disappointment. Another one, but worse, a disappointment because the episode had many interesting moments that unfortunately failed.

The Sorta Good:
                                I liked the emperor and his proposal. Other than those scenes, Warwick Davis was woefully underused, but the ending was interesting.
                                The punishment unit. They started badly. More Who soldier misfits, who seriously make the military look bad (Unit is embarrassing generally). When you realize they are focused on redemption, their actions gain some meaning.

The Bad Due to Poor Execution:
                                The actor playing the guy wanting to get off planet was in two seasons of Being Human. He can act. He is amazing and was under utilized.
                                Matt Smith. This episode confirms that he can act. It just seems like he isn't allowed to do it often this season. When he isn't shouty, rambling, or making an epic Doctor speech, he is interesting, but he still doesn't feel like a Doctor in top form.

The Bad with No Redemption:
                                Angie. Annoying teenagers should be fed to cybermen. It is sad that we shouldn't want harm to come to the children to have Angie's behavior then seemed designed to make us want to see her cybered.

Another lackluster series 7 episode. I've never been apathetic about a series finale before. I not sure anything can save this season.
                                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Working...
                                X