Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey to the Centre of the Tardis (3311/711)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, you might be right. I just read this thoughts of yours in the Clarathread.

I now that Smith is one of the most common names (same with the version in my language ). That's why the Doctor is using it when he pretends to be human. But I admit, the name an the key reffering to Matt is the most likely explanation (so far).
    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I do hope it is a tribute to Matt. He deserves it.

As for the page, something a bit like this for example?

Comment

I just want a copy of the book as merchandise
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Hehe, nice one. Except Gallifrey isn't ancient Greece
          Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Oh and didn't the Doctor say they couldn't be on that bridge more then a couple of minutes or they would melt and die? Yet they are on there for an awful long time?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenee View Post
              Hehe, nice one. Except Gallifrey isn't ancient Greece
              Hee! Don't tell anyone. They may not notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                I just want a copy of the book as merchandise
                I'm still waiting for John Smith's dream diary from the Family of Blood two-parter...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Oh and didn't the Doctor say they couldn't be on that bridge more then a couple of minutes or they would melt and die? Yet they are on there for an awful long time?
                  Same variable time that applies to most ticking clocks in movies/TV...

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                    I'm still waiting for John Smith's dream diary from the Family of Blood two-parter...
                    The closest you're probably going to get is if you google 'A Journal of Impossible Things'... there is something like it available.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Hey not sure if this will work but

https://www.facebook.com/The.Doctor.Who.Tardis

Doctor Who emoticons

Comment

This story had a lot of problems.

1. I didn't find myself caring about the characters. We're given an entire subplot about scavengers plundering space flotsam. I guess I'm supposed to feel something when they delve into the tricky past of these people. But it just falls flat. I don't care about them. They just aren't compelling characters.

2. When you write about seeing more of the TARDIS, I think there's a whole lot of creative ideas you can throw in there. But there really wasn't much of anything when it comes to this. I guess I expected a lot more of a reveal about how the TARDIS works. Or at least something unexpected. It felt more like a boring sequence of running thru corridors. The most interesting part was finding the Time War book. But its a plot point that really doesn't go anywhere in this story. If you're going to show us that book, at least give us a little juicy info about what happened in that War! Bleh.

3. The Doctor just hits a big reset button and everything is fine. Didn't care for that, either. The idea is to torture characters, they suffer real costs that are lasting, and it tells you about them. A reset button is a terrible device in fiction because it essentially defeats the point of writing everything in the first place.

Grade: 3/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Glow View Post
                          This story had a lot of problems.

1. I didn't find myself caring about the characters. We're given an entire subplot about scavengers plundering space flotsam. I guess I'm supposed to feel something when they delve into the tricky past of these people. But it just falls flat. I don't care about them. They just aren't compelling characters.

2. When you write about seeing more of the TARDIS, I think there's a whole lot of creative ideas you can throw in there. But there really wasn't much of anything when it comes to this. I guess I expected a lot more of a reveal about how the TARDIS works. Or at least something unexpected. It felt more like a boring sequence of running thru corridors. The most interesting part was finding the Time War book. But its a plot point that really doesn't go anywhere in this story. If you're going to show us that book, at least give us a little juicy info about what happened in that War! Bleh.

3. The Doctor just hits a big reset button and everything is fine. Didn't care for that, either. The idea is to torture characters, they suffer real costs that are lasting, and it tells you about them. A reset button is a terrible device in fiction because it essentially defeats the point of writing everything in the first place.

Grade: 3/10.

Why do I find myself agreeing with this post?

I hated the ending. Made the episode rather pointless

Comment

Oh for Pete's sake.

This episode was a love letter to long term fans - showing us bits of the TARDIS we had never seen. That is why it was spectacular, the plot was incidental.

Library
                            Swimming Pool
                            Observatory
                            Manufacturing Room
                            Engine Room
                            Power Source

These things in themselves MADE this episode worthwhile.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                              Oh for Pete's sake.

This episode was a love letter to long term fans - showing us bits of the TARDIS we had never seen. That is why it was spectacular, the plot was incidental.

Library
                              Swimming Pool
                              Observatory
                              Manufacturing Room
                              Engine Room
                              Power Source

If I could green you, I would. I couldn't agree more.

Fans have been clamouring to see more of the inside of the TARDIS for donkey's years, and this episode more than delivered. Given the way the Doctor's ship has been described over the years, and the more or less fleeting glimpses we've had of its interior, it was always going to be a tall order to match fan expectations, and yet JTTCOTT did, in my estimation at least, a DAMN fine job of showing us the TARDIS without failing to live up to the hype.

The TARDIS has tantrums, rewrites its internal structure at the drop of a hat and has a freakin' perpetually collapsing star inside it, for Who's sake! Yes, the salvage siblings didn't add much to the story for me, but they were primarily there for the Doctor to have somebody to bounce dialogue off I thought.

Easily one of my favourite Eleventh Doctor episodes, if I'm honest.
                              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                                Oh for Pete's sake.

Library
                                Swimming Pool
                                Observatory
                                Manufacturing Room
                                Engine Room
                                Power Source

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                                If I could green you, I would. I couldn't agree more.

Fans have been clamouring to see more of the inside of the TARDIS for donkey's years, and this episode more than delivered. Given the way the Doctor's ship has been described over the years, and the more or less fleeting glimpses we've had of its interior, it was always going to be a tall order to match fan expectations, and yet JTTCOTT did, in my estimation at least, a DAMN fine job of showing us the TARDIS without failing to live up to the hype.

The TARDIS has tantrums, rewrites its internal structure at the drop of a hat and has a freakin' perpetually collapsing star inside it, for Who's sake! Yes, the salvage siblings didn't add much to the story for me, but they were primarily there for the Doctor to have somebody to bounce dialogue off I thought.

Easily one of my favourite Eleventh Doctor episodes, if I'm honest.
                                I totally agree. I've been waiting a long time to have a look around the TARDIS and this episode did not disappoint. I don't expect to see everything, which as the Doctor says the TARDIS is infinite, I think would take rather a long time, don't you? Seeing just a little is fine, tantalising glimpses of the mysteries within.

Comment

Working...
                                X