Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journey to the Centre of the Tardis (3311/711)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
    Will we ever know the Doctors name? In the decades its been running it has never been revealed and I don't think it will ever be.

The problem with the last few eps was nothing has been revealed. Previous seasons each ep revealved something.
    According to Steven Moffat we are most definitely going to be learning something incredibly significant about the Doctor and things will change. Keep watching.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      How can the TARDIS be grabbed by the salvage ship, or any kind of claw thing like that? I thought the HADS kicks in or is that device dependent on how the story is written
      He'd just rebooted into "safe mode", showing off (again) for one of the female companions, which had taken down all the defences.

My bigger gripe is leaving a book prominently available, in one of the most awesome libraries in the universe, which opens at a page which gives away your biggest secret. And potentially resets:
      "The Doctor: River you know my name. You whispered my name in my ear. There's only one way I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could."

Comment

I always thought that the Eye of Harmony was a blackhole and not a sun captured before it went supernova, wonder if theres a reason for the retcon.

Also, when do you suppose the Doctor wrote the book about the Time War?

My guess would be during the 200 odd years he was avoiding Lake Silencio

N.C

Comment

Oh, and just in case, "Lancashire, South" is an anagram of a gazillion things, including "Clara's 'house' hint" and "Oh, Clara is the sun"

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
            Oh, and just in case, "Lancashire, South" is an anagram of a gazillion things, including "Clara's 'house' hint" and "Oh, Clara is the sun"
            The moment I read 'Clara's house' I thought "so that's why the TARDIS doesn't like her! Clara used to be a living asteroid from outside the universe that tried to kill the TARDIS and steal her body?" and then I realised how silly that would be. Still, it was amusing to consider for a while.

Of course, there is a sun powering the TARDIS, and we've seen living stars before...
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

But is it the original Eye of Harmony?

Pre-Time War, the EOH was the star that Omega manipulated with the hands of omega to power Time Lord everything, the result being he was sucked through into the Anti Matter universe.

The primary EOH was underneath the TimeLord Citadel on Gallifrey and was connected to every TARDIS in existance through Quantum Mnemonic copies.

When Gallifrey was destroyed i think the primary EOH ceased in its function though i arent 100% on this.

That would make the EOH in the Doctors TARDIS something he made himself

N.C

Comment

I have my own theory on that, and Blen answered it with some facts about the Eye of Harmony. It's all earlier in the thread if you're interested.
                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                sigpic
                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                  But is it the original Eye of Harmony?

Pre-Time War, the EOH was the star that Omega manipulated with the hands of omega to power Time Lord everything, the result being he was sucked through into the Anti Matter universe.

The primary EOH was underneath the TimeLord Citadel on Gallifrey and was connected to every TARDIS in existance through Quantum Mnemonic copies.

When Gallifrey was destroyed i think the primary EOH ceased in its function though i arent 100% on this.

That would make the EOH in the Doctors TARDIS something he made himself

N.C
                  Even though Gallifrey was destroyed perhaps the Eye of Harmony remained in the same temporal and spatial co-ordinates that the planet was located in and that is why the Doctor's TARDIS still links to it and is still able to draw power from it.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

The thing is, when the Doctor destroyed Gallifrey with the Moment, it sent a shockwave through Time, something as powerful as a modified Star/Black hole capable of powering the whole of Time Lord civilisation could hardly be unaffected by such an event that ceased whole galaxies to exist.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
                      I always thought that the Eye of Harmony was a blackhole and not a sun captured before it went supernova, wonder if theres a reason for the retcon.

Also, when do you suppose the Doctor wrote the book about the Time War?

My guess would be during the 200 odd years he was avoiding Lake Silencio

N.C
                      That's possible. Or another gap he might have written it in could be between the end of the war and before fighting the Nestene Consciousness on Earth in 2005. I just know that if I were going to write down the events of something I'd probably want to do it whilst everything was fresh in my memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                        That's possible. Or another gap he might have written it in could be between the end of the war and before fighting the Nestene Consciousness on Earth in 2005. I just know that if I were going to write down the events of something I'd probably want to do it whilst everything was fresh in my memory.
                        I'd thought about that, but given what had just happened, knowing the Doctor, i found it more likely he did the human thing and shelved it so he didnt have to deal with it. He ran straight off, had an adventure, found Rose etc etc

I thought it more likely he wrote the book and would have had River do what she wanted, as it was left in the TARDIS, following Lake Silencio which he didnt believe he would survive, River would be the only living person capable of finding the TARDIS, gaining entry and finding the book set prominently in a library of tens of thousands of books.

It might even have been at Rivers behest he wrote it in the first place

N.C

Comment

This episode totally confused me I'll have to watch it again, this time with captions on

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                            My bigger gripe is leaving a book prominently available, in one of the most awesome libraries in the universe, which opens at a page which gives away your biggest secret. And potentially resets:
                            "The Doctor: River you know my name. You whispered my name in my ear. There's only one way I would ever tell anyone my name. There's only one time I could."
                            I had forgotten the exact wording there. If someone can stumble upon his name that easily, it does water down that statement considerably.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh dear... where to begin.

I enjoyed this ep, though I wish we'd seen even more of the Tardis (it was manly those corridors, after all, but I can imagine it would have been practicly hardly possible for the designers/buliders/... to come up with more rooms). But the library was just beautyfull (why can't our uni-library look like that? ).
                              I'm still confused by this story but I'm looking forward to what we'll see next.

For Clara reading the book: It can't have been written in Gallifreyn, sice everyone of us could read it's title, and the tardis doesn't translate gallifreyn, right? It therefore must have been written in english, (or any other language, the TARDIS translats. I was a littles dissapointed, too about the reset-button, but as we leard from Amy's story "nothing is ever forgotten, not realy". So I'm nearly sure, we'll get back there.
                              I don't think we are going to learn the doctor's name. I don't think it is important. It might be just any name, the important thing is, that he keeps it secrec, not because the name itselfe is special, but because keeping it secrat protects him. It's a common topos, which goes back to diffrend ancient cultures and is used in many storys the name has power other the individual. or better, one who knows a persons name has power other that person. It's an old "magical" tradition (an was used in Doctor Who in new season 3 ep2 the shakespeare code). Imagin now, what it would mean if someone had this pover other someone like the doctor. I think it would't only be him, woh was in danger than.

Speaking of names: I wonder if the name on the key is just a hint to Matt Smith or has more significans (we had a lot of smiths on board: Sarah Jane Smith, Micky Smith, "John Smith", though I can't see where this would fit in)
                              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

I don't think that the name was printed in the book at all. I think it was written in by somebody. Clara says it was in a corner. Why would she say that if it was printed. It seems an odd thing to say about a printed page. Wouldn't you more likely say, "I've seen it at the bottom of a page". To say it's in one corner, implies more like something that somebody has doodled to me.

CLARA: ... You're mentioned in a book.

DOCTOR: I'm mentioned in a lot of books.

CLARA: You call yourself Doctor. Why do you do that? You have a name. I've seen it in one corner of that tiny....
                                I think the book is written in English, or some language the TARDIS can translate, but the Doctor's name is written in something else, and that the Doctor is surprised that she read it.

As for the "Smith's" I think it's a tribute to Matt, and a little in-joke. Like the hat stand in Hide last week.

BTW - Smith is the most popular surname in Britain. This is the top ten,

1. Smith
                                2. Jones
                                3. Williams
                                4. Brown
                                5. Taylor
                                6. Davies
                                7. Wilson
                                8. Evans
                                9. Thomas
                                10. Johnson

A lot of them have been used in Doctor Who.
                                Last edited by Blencathra; 29 April 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X