The Rings of Akhaten (3308/708)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
    He still doesn't give a grand speech like that very often. They're very memorable but they aren't something that happens every episode.
    I guess it depends what you call often.

11 is notorious for these.
    1. The meeting with the Atraxi.
    2. Right before everybody jumps to the ship to run from the angels.
    3. To stop the ships descending on the Pandorica.
    4. Getting locked into the Pandorica.
    5. The battle of Demon's Run.
    6. In Let's Kill Hitler.
    7. During The Wedding of River Song.
    8. Everyone else but him does it about him in the last Christmas special.
    9. And last week.

And this is me just thinking fast. The epic speeches are one of the reasons I'm not fond of 11. They are too epic. A few "oh wait. That's the Lion King" moments would help immensely.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

A few "oh wait. That's the Lion King" moments would help immensely.
      Yeah, that was one of my favourite Doctor Who lines EVER! But I also lieked the Pandorica/Stonehenge speech verry much, though rather or the reaction of the ships.
      Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
        I guess it depends what you call often.

11 is notorious for these.
        1. The meeting with the Atraxi.
        2. Right before everybody jumps to the ship to run from the angels.
        3. To stop the ships descending on the Pandorica.
        4. Getting locked into the Pandorica.
        5. The battle of Demon's Run.
        6. In Let's Kill Hitler.
        7. During The Wedding of River Song.
        8. Everyone else but him does it about him in the last Christmas special.
        9. And last week.

And this is me just thinking fast. The epic speeches are one of the reasons I'm not fond of 11. They are too epic. A few "oh wait. That's the Lion King" moments would help immensely.
        Not sure you can count when he's being locked into the Pandorica. He was trying to ensure that his worst enemies understood the gravity of the situation.

But in three seasons I still wouldn't call that often. We can assume that he's of course going to do another one this season in the finale (he better do anyway).
        The Doctor has always delivered grand speeches. The 7th Doctor did some fantastic ones. It's just part of the character, and Matt Smith's delivery always gives me goosebumps, so the more the merrier.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Blen where is your Clara theory?
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Blen where is your Clara theory?
            Here it is.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...ara-s-identity

Comment

Did anyone also notice the way Clara's demeanor changed during the Doctors speech about the Time War?

She goes from looking hopefully toward the pyramid, to looking left and then down for a moment or 2, losing her smile and looking suddenly pensive? fearful?

NC

Comment

It's a fleeting moment when she looks down... I'd just take it as curiosity...

Of course - it makes no sense that Clara could even hear his speech...
                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                and lots more!

Comment

About the sound and flying through wind...how were they in an atmosphere?
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm guessing something similar to an atmospheric shell or an air corridor, as mentioned in previous episodes. Wish they had addressed it briefly though... it's the kind of thing you'd expect Clara to notice in her first proper trip in the TARDIS.

"Doctor, how are we breathing?"
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I found that in this episode, there were alot of things that seemed to be just ignored. A bit choppy for me.
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

Absolutely loved this episode. The alien world was so properly alien. Been a long long time in Doctor Who when we have had a people who were just so different, their concept of "money" was wonderful.

And loved Matt and Jenna. They go from strength to strength.

Comment

Admittedly yes, the alien world was very well realised.

It was great to see, as compared to the frequent future Earth/human colonies that we've seen a lot of in NewWho to date.
                          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                          and lots more!

Comment

The alien world was great, even if it reminded me of the SW Cantina...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                              The alien world was great, even if it reminded me of the SW Cantina...
                              Isn't that inevitable?

Comment

Loved the singing in this episode and was delighted that they performed it in last weekend's Prom.

Comment

Working...
                                X