The Bells of St. John (3307/707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I don't get what you mean about her snog box comment. Donna basically did the same thing with Tenth. In fact, she sorta reminds me of Donna.

Anyway, I liked the episode. It was....fun. Yes, that word. Fun to watch. The Doctor and Clara are great together I also liked the exchange:

"Doctor who?"
    "No, just Doctor"
    It's not just that remark. Clara has already kissed 11, whose wife hasn't been killed off yet in mainstream cannon. Donna could make those remarks because it was clear she wanted only to travel with the Doctor. After Rose, Martha, Amy for a bit, and River (even though I think River is awesome), I'm tired of the watching a Who-shaped soap opera. I want to the characters solve puzzles and travel places. I'm tired of repetition in season 7.
    "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
      It's not just that remark. Clara has already kissed 11, whose wife hasn't been killed off yet in mainstream cannon. Donna could make those remarks because it was clear she wanted only to travel with the Doctor. After Rose, Martha, Amy for a bit, and River (even though I think River is awesome), I'm tired of the watching a Who-shaped soap opera. I want to the characters solve puzzles and travel places. I'm tired of repetition in season 7.
      I think that's just part of the general trend in western culture where married people seem to be allowed to do risky things like constantly hang out alone with members of the opposite sex (or the sex one is attracted to?) and kiss and touch each other in so many ways. I'm not one to jump to conclusions. Though I sure hope this isn't another girlfriend...especially considering that, as you said, he is married...whatever that means.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Just had a thought if Clara is River's kid that means the Doctor knocks her up at some point. Ummm

But that would be a shark jumping moment if it is true.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Just had a thought if Clara is River's kid that means the Doctor knocks her up at some point. Ummm

Notwithstanding The Doctor's Daughter, doesn't he imply he's already been a father (in that episode)?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
            Notwithstanding The Doctor's Daughter, doesn't he imply he's already been a father (in that episode)?
            Yes he does. He tells Donna that he had left his family on Galifrey, by that I think he has children of his own back there.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Coco Pops View Post
              That would mean, she's snogged her father! Even if she was Rivers doughter, this could also be true. We never new, what River and the Doctor where up to, all these nights, she stole from her prison. Please don't let neither of it be true.

And if there had to bee another romance beween the Doctor and his companion... well, fine. I agree, it would be repitition, and I can see that people find this anoying, but still better than a real soap opera. (I know I'm quite on my own here). Otherwise I think it's hard, to travel with the Doctor and do not fall in love with him in one way or another (if' your a woman).
              Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

This is another reason why I'm convinced that Clara is actually post-Library River. There's nothing like cheating on your wife with your wife. Much like naming your daughter after your daughter.

One thing I'm absolutely sure of though is that Clara is not the Doctor's daughter, granddaughter or mother.

Comment

BTW I put this on another thread but I might as well post it here as well.

The lady in the shop who gave Clara the Doctor's number...
                  Spoiler:

this shop????

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                    This is another reason why I'm convinced that Clara is actually post-Library River. There's nothing like cheating on your wife with your wife. Much like naming your daughter after your daughter.

One thing I'm absolutely sure of though is that Clara is not the Doctor's daughter, granddaughter or mother.

But how can she be rescued from The Library when she has no actual body there?

Comment

It's science fiction. Make something up. Off the top of my head - it could be clones, Tesselecta, flesh avatar, someone who donated their body to the Library (to make Nodes) or Zolfa-Thuran body stealing for all I know. And Clara could paradoxically use Miss Kizlet's technology to download herself from The Library into a body, perhaps splintering herself through time in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        It's science fiction. Make something up. Off the top of my head - it could be clones, Tesselecta, flesh avatar, someone who donated their body to the Library (to make Nodes) or Zolfa-Thuran body stealing for all I know. And Clara could paradoxically use Miss Kizlet's technology to download herself from The Library into a body, perhaps splintering herself through time in the process.

Which is like the Jaggeroth my favourite time villain

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

Donna and a lot of others where saved/downloaded from the library weren't they? Or had their bodys been transfered to the library harddrive as well? But indeed. It's SiFi and only has to be (more or less) logical in itself. As for cheating on his wife: do they still meet in their worng-order-way or is she dead in his timeline for quit a while now? Or at least does he think that? It wouln'd be actual cheating than, would it? But the season's just started, let's wait where the story goes and enjoy the ride. (Reminder to myself:I have to rewatch this ep and pay attention to the shirt-thing)
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

She is not dead as she was alive in the previous episode Angles in Manhattan.

I wonder why the cheif woman turned into a baby at the end?
                              "You don't know half of it".
                              Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                              (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                                She is not dead as she was alive in the previous episode Angles in Manhattan.

I wonder why the cheif woman turned into a baby at the end?
                                No, she'd dead. She died in Forest of the Dead and is downloaded into The Library computer with CAL. We are talking about a post Library River.

Miss Kizlet reverted to being a child as The Great Intelligence had her under it's control from when she was very little. Tragic really.

Comment

Working...
                                X