The Bells of St. John (3307/707)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
    I seem to remember seeing riot squads (and similar "tactical support") groups wearing them
    Maybe, but I've not come across it myself.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, and I love the new companion
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
        Not in the UK or the US, but I'm fairly sure I've seen footage of riot police in China (or maybe the Philippines) equipped with similar leg armour.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          the royal military police have red berets don't they

Comment

I dont think Clara will be River, as Rivers identity was a main storyline in Series 6.
            Dont think Moffat would go there so soon...
            I do think River will be involved somehow though, as she is speculated to be in the finale...
            I hope so. I'd love River o be part but I don't want Clara to be her.

Did anyone notice who wrote the book on fairy tales? It was Ameila Williams.

There's already been lot's of comments about so, I do think so
            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Just saw "The bells of st john" and while fun it was a bit too easy to save everyone. Now if only it were a save were only some people were saved that would have made me feel better about the episode. As it stands I feel a bit meh. about it.
              The Doctor did say that those who no longer had bodies to return to would be killed by the reversal
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Apparently I saw a different episode or BBC America snipped the best bits with its long sets of commercials.

The episode was boring. It was a repetitive match up of the Christmas special and Idiot's Lantern with a motor bike thrown in place of the scooter.

The "snog box" thing didn't help either. I miss Donna. Can someone just travel with the Doctor?

The sharks are circling. After six years of enjoying New Who, I'm finding Series 7 a dreadful waste of time with few episodes worth watching.
                "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Who was the face in the opening credits?
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I can't believe they used that "snog box" comment. Seriously .... Felt out of place. Does that mean the cast of Gordie Shore will be guest stars in the later episode hiding deep in the bowels of the TARDIS when they do the "Journey to the centre of the TARDIS" episode? :/

Sorry not that enthused about this episode.
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                      Did anyone notice who wrote the book on fairy tales? It was Ameila Williams.
                      How did I miss that!! Can't wait to tell my boys.

The family and I really enjoyed the ep... yeah sure there were some plot holes... but I'm ok with it. It was fun and a great way to come back.

Opening credits reminded me of Tom Baker's time as #4 Doctor. Brought back memories.... and I think the face was Matt's face... just really quick. Some spoilers did say that they would pay some tributes to different things for the 50th year.

Did anyone catch how Clara got The Doctor's number??
                      Spoiler:
                      I think it's either River, which hubby strongly believes because it was the outside phone... or Martha Jones, because UNIT showed up at the end. Either way.. it's someone that has traveled with him. :O

My youngest swears he saw Craig in one of the screens, but I still don't think it's him.

And Hubby loved seeing them use a Triumph motorcycle.

Oh... and now he says he's 1,000 years old. Guess he did take it hard after he lost Amy and Rory... almost a 100 years of mourning... and I guess searching for Clara.

Might have to watch again to catch more.

Oh and my theory on the leaf...
                      Spoiler:
                      If you see the prequel.. it was Fall when she saw him as a little girl. I think it may be because of that.. Just guessing.

Comment

Decent episode

Chapter 11 is the best.....totally didn't get that at all

Ameilia Williams

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                        How did I miss that!! Can't wait to tell my boys.

The family and I really enjoyed the ep... yeah sure there were some plot holes... but I'm ok with it. It was fun and a great way to come back.

Opening credits reminded me of Tom Baker's time as #4 Doctor. Brought back memories.... and I think the face was Matt's face... just really quick. Some spoilers did say that they would pay some tributes to different things for the 50th year.

Did anyone catch how Clara got The Doctor's number??
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it's either River, which hubby strongly believes because it was the outside phone... or Martha Jones, because UNIT showed up at the end. Either way.. it's someone that has traveled with him. :O

My youngest swears he saw Craig in one of the screens, but I still don't think it's him.

And Hubby loved seeing them use a Triumph motorcycle.

Oh... and now he says he's 1,000 years old. Guess he did take it hard after he lost Amy and Rory... almost a 100 years of mourning... and I guess searching for Clara.

Might have to watch again to catch more.

Spoiler:
                        If you see the prequel.. it was Fall when she saw him as a little girl. I think it may be because of that.. Just guessing.
                        Yeah i thought i saw Craig in one of the screens aswell......i was waiting for i'm sorry did you just say doctor? as in the doctor? kind of line

OH and the first person i thought of when Clara said i got your number from this person, was Rose Tyler, but it was probably River
                        Last edited by mr_kennedy; 31 March 2013, 09:56 PM.
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Who was the face in the opening credits?
                          The Doctor.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I agree with you. The story itself was rather week. But some of the dialoges were realy good. And I loved the dynamic between Clara and the Doctor and their acting. So I don't care much about the story.

Spoiler:
                            He was the one with Sophie and later with the Baby, right? I thought I saw him as well.

Spoiler:
                            That's exactly what I thought.
                            Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Spoiler:
                              In "A Town Called Mercy" the Doctor said to the Ponds that he was 1200 years old.
                              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

^ Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobly
                                Last Movie Watched
                                X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                                Life is Strange

Comment

Working...
                                X