The Angels Take Manhattan (3305/705)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squirrely1 View Post
    well I just don't think having an exit like that every time with each companion would be very exciting... I mean I watch this show to be entertained and I think it's great to have these gut wrenching events and it makes sense that some of the companions will die never to return. I think Rory and Amy were just too close to the doctor that as long as they were alive he would always come back to them....and it would be hard for him to move on ....to take another companion. We saw in the Mercy ep that Amy said...you have been traveling alone too long...that shows us that even though Rory and Amy were attempting to have their own life...the Doctor was not able to pick up another companion. Possibly he was waiting to maybe go back and bring them along with him again...and maybe he didn't feel that he could "replace" them. So yeah I mean I get what you are saying....it hurts to see companions leave in such a dramatic fashion..but that is good story telling and it was what needed to happen for the Doctor to truly move in IMO. Amy and Rory were too close for them to simply say...."Ok it's been real...Later" And that be it. I wouldn't even feel right in him picking up a new companion after that....it would be sort of like he were abandoned and that to me would've almost been worse. I think this was a great wrap up for this run and while I feel sad... I also feel almost a sense of relief that he can move on now and find a new companion and not feel guilty about that. Cuz no one will replace Amy/Rory they will always be special to him....but he will find a new companion to be special in their own way.

Yeah I get that. Makes perfect sense when you explained it like that.
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
      Amy and Rory are roughly the same age. The numbers mean he died first. She outlived him by five years.
      Thats really kind of average isn't it in real life?
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
        Thats really kind of average isn't it in real life?
        I would say so, yes.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I'm sure they'll find a way to get the Ponds back, like The Doctor landing in New Jersey and just taking a bus, or perhaps travelling to a different part of the planet and just flying the Tardis there.
          or a vortex manipulator, like presumably River used to give amy the book to afterword
          People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

I've decided the adventure part of this story was made way too subordinate to causing the emotional part of the story to happen and to trap the Ponds. Moffat didn't share enough about how the adventure made sense in his head.

The story was epically emotional with epic acting to back it up, but he needs to lay off making up rules for a bit and make the ones the show already has work.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Never been a fan of the shift in the show towards Amy Pond with less Doctor so very happy to see her leave and hopefully never return(as Gillian herself has stated).
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateFanSamJack View Post
                but he needs to lay off making up rules for a bit and make the ones the show already has work.
                He's the showrunner now, why should he be restricted to rules a predecessor made? He can make the rules and they will be canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose-Wally View Post
                  He's the showrunner now, why should he be restricted to rules a predecessor made? He can make the rules and they will be canon.
                  Because he went too far and got sloppy. He made rules and ignored rules (old and new), according to whatever would make this story strand the Ponds and include the Statue of Liberty and it still had huge holes. He needs to reign it in and do the hard work of making a plot work.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

Well to my mind Moffat can do what he likes with the angels. They are his creation and he can do with them as he pleases. For example, if creatures etc weren't able to evolve then we would still have Daleks that could only run on metal floors and who couldn't go upstairs.

Comment

According to the Doctor during their first appearance, they've been around since the beginning of the universe. That's a hell of a time to develop a specific genetic trait (i.e. quantum lock, which he was pretty specific about stating was absolute). So suddenly their fundamental defence changes?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                        So suddenly their fundamental defence changes?
                        what do you mean?
                        People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                          According to the Doctor during their first appearance, they've been around since the beginning of the universe. That's a hell of a time to develop a specific genetic trait (i.e. quantum lock, which he was pretty specific about stating was absolute). So suddenly their fundamental defence changes?

Now that's a hell of a back story.... Would love to see that fleshed out. How could they possibly have begun as a being at the beginning of the universe?
                          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                            what do you mean?
                            They should be completely locked in stone, in the presence of any other living thing (including other angels). Now they seem to be whispering, blowing out matches, moving in daylight in public, etc.

Comment

Yeah, not one of the better episodes.

Comment

Gillan recently spoke about her exit, saying: 'All I wanted was for her to go out in flames of blazing glory and she definitely does that. I couldn't have wished for a better way to go.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz28zU8kdgd
                                Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                                Really? I dont think she went out in a blaze of glory!
                                "You don't know half of it".
                                Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                                (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Working...
                                X