No announcement yet.

Asylum of the Daleks (3301/701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away since Saturday morning; only just got to see the episode. And now watching it again. Wow! Maybe not awesome, but wow!

I've seen comments about all the older designs of daleks, and their lack of movement. They probably/possibly don't/can't (for various practical reasons).

As for retcon/reboots etc., it all got a bit complicated for me with the remembered/recreated universe after the newest Big Bang. Wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
      No. She said they were "SCAWY"!

There is a big differance in that.
      Yup. I'd have said "target audience" but four is probably even below their expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
        Been away since Saturday morning; only just got to see the episode. And now watching it again. Wow! Maybe not awesome, but wow!

I've seen comments about all the older designs of daleks, and their lack of movement. They probably/possibly don't/can't (for various practical reasons).

As for retcon/reboots etc., it all got a bit complicated for me with the remembered/recreated universe after the newest Big Bang. Wibbly wobbly, timey-wimey.

Which I think is just an excuse for bad , errornous witing.. And a way to rewrite canon.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Relevant, kind of.

Comment

The same actress will be the next companion.......But I was hoping as a Dalek she would have made a very uniqe companion. She had her own mind just in a Dalek body. But I guess I would rather see her as herself ...... "shrug"

What gave it away for me was the room Oswin was in. It was a small dome room and I thought " ah...... inside the dome of a Dalek...

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              The same actress will be the next companion.......But I was hoping as a Dalek she would have made a very uniqe companion. She had her own mind just in a Dalek body. But I guess I would rather see her as herself ...... "shrug"

What gave it away for me was the room Oswin was in. It was a small dome room and I thought " ah...... inside the dome of a Dalek...
              And the "window" was round and usually littered with Dalek eye-stalk graphics.

My bigger concern was the Doctor transporting into the TARDIS as a safe place. Last time he wasn't surrounded by more than a rag-tag survivalist group of Daleks, he said the TARDIS was nothing more than a wooden box. What has now made it untouchable again?

Comment

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
                And the "window" was round and usually littered with Dalek eye-stalk graphics.

My bigger concern was the Doctor transporting into the TARDIS as a safe place. Last time he wasn't surrounded by more than a rag-tag survivalist group of Daleks, he said the TARDIS was nothing more than a wooden box. What has now made it untouchable again?
                had he not gone for the gloat I would have said he could escape quickly in the TARDIS, last time the Dalek's disabled the TARDIS. granted the Daleks could have done that this time, but maybe the Doctor has found a way to beat the disabling tech.

the TARDIS did disappear quickly, so maybe he set up the TARDIS to de materialise on the door closing.

but it is a big set of maybes
                People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
                  had he not gone for the gloat I would have said he could escape quickly in the TARDIS, last time the Dalek's disabled the TARDIS. granted the Daleks could have done that this time, but maybe the Doctor has found a way to beat the disabling tech.

the TARDIS did disappear quickly, so maybe he set up the TARDIS to de materialise on the door closing.

but it is a big set of maybes
                  Seems to happen a lot, wouldn't be surprised if it's a feature. The ultimate answer is that it would make for an awfully short series if The Daleks killed The Doctor on sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                    Relevant, kind of.

hahaha i love tf2 and doctor who. nice mix!
                    (my sibling also likes tf2...but he hasnt seen the latest docwho ep yet)
                    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                    - Doctor Who (series 7)
                    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Is the redhead Dalek a future Amy?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        Is the redhead Dalek a future Amy?
                        i thought that too initially.. but then again if..
                        Spoiler:
                        Amy is supposedly going to die at the hands of the angels
                        then is it really possible to have a future amy?

then again my explanation for things that are confuzzling in doctor who is ' mabye it is just wibely wobely timey wimey'
                        Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                        - Doctor Who (series 7)
                        - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                        - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                        - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                        - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

I'm going to be a little behind on Doctor Who this season/series due to college and related evil things but I did finally catch Asylum of the Daleks and loved it! One of the best Dalek stories I have seen in a long time! (Although I liked Victory of the Daleks as well, but after all the RTD styled Dalek stories that residue remained) I got pretty excited at the revelation that the Daleks no longer remember the Doctor, Doctor Who indeed!

Comment

I had a thought about Oswin last night and something that Steven Moffat said recently in an interview.

(Spoilered for speculation)

Spoiler:

The Moff said

And this never goes away, this thrill – you want to see the reaction when you see it’s bigger on the inside, you want to see the count the hearts moment, you want the story to begin again.
                            I just assumed probably along with everyone else he was talking about the Doctor, but then it struck me - what if he was talking about Oswin? What if Oswin is a Time Lord and the interior of her Dalek is actually a TARDIS or some version of a SIDRAT? Perhaps the Daleks had found their Predator, ie another Time Lord, a year earlier on the Alaska and crashed it on the planet on purpose. Also I rather got the idea that the nanocloud could strip away a person's humanity in very short order but the Doctor seemed to be more immune. Could Time Lord DNA have allowed Oswin to retain her emotions and humanity? Another thought - it would explain why the Doctor hears Oswin's voice and her music rather than Nick Brigg's Daleky voice, prior to meeting her face to face.

It's a thought in progress and I can see several problems with the idea, but I thought I'd toss it out there to see what people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              I had a thought about Oswin last night and something that Steven Moffat said recently in an interview.

(Spoilered for speculation)

Spoiler:

The Moff said

I just assumed probably along with everyone else he was talking about the Doctor, but then it struck me - what if he was talking about Oswin? What if Oswin is a Time Lord and the interior of her Dalek is actually a TARDIS or some version of a SIDRAT? Perhaps the Daleks had found their Predator, ie another Time Lord, a year earlier on the Alaska and crashed it on the planet on purpose. Also I rather got the idea that the nanocloud could strip away a person's humanity in very short order but the Doctor seemed to be more immune. Could Time Lord DNA have allowed Oswin to retain her emotions and humanity? Another thought - it would explain why the Doctor hears Oswin's voice and her music rather than Nick Brigg's Daleky voice, prior to meeting her face to face.

It's a thought in progress and I can see several problems with the idea, but I thought I'd toss it out there to see what people think.

I like this idea.....Good catch, and I like your thoughts below the quote.

You know every forum or page I visit seems everyone in the whole world has fallen in love with Oswin. Even I am caught in the snare and find her adorable.......

I want the Ponds gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                                Why is that child not cowering behind the couch were she belongs?

Ohhh New Who how you just lack the ability to mentally scar children like in the good old days.
                                i used to watch classic who reruns as a kid on local Tv it never scarred me...

This episode was very heartfelt as it was told from the POV of a girl who had not realized the Daleks had turned her into one of them.
                                The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X