No announcement yet.

Asylum of the Daleks (3301/701)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i (like MANY other people) am trying to peice the moffaty mystery surrounding oswin..or clara.. and how she became a dalek. And something struck me.
    Spoiler:
    Why didn't she have a dalek voice......only until the doctor was in the same room as her true form. Rather her voice was normal humanly girly

a theory of mine is that doctor recognises every language... but that wouldnt be the slightest bit related.

Hmmmm...
    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
    - Doctor Who (series 7)
    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
      i (like MANY other people) am trying to peice the moffaty mystery surrounding oswin..or clara.. and how she became a dalek. And something struck me.
      Spoiler:
      Why didn't she have a dalek voice......only until the doctor was in the same room as her true form. Rather her voice was normal humanly girly

a theory of mine is that doctor recognises every language... but that wouldnt be the slightest bit related.

Hmmmm...
      Well taking that to it's logical conclusion,
      Spoiler:
      wouldn't the opera also have automatically been translated from Italian to English?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I'm now waiting for the DVD...
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

So did all those grey suited aliens die last series? Sorry for the stupid question!
          "You don't know half of it".
          Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
          (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
            So did all those grey suited aliens die last series? Sorry for the stupid question!
            Well, it was never proven that they ALL died...

However, as of the second episode we can assume that MOST of them in our reality on Earth were killed, the reality in the final episode no longer exists, so you could sort of argue that they died...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              Well, it was never proven that they ALL died...

However, as of the second episode we can assume that MOST of them in our reality on Earth were killed, the reality in the final episode no longer exists, so you could sort of argue that they died...
              I think the Doctor will have one last dance with the Silence. I'm sure that at least some of them will be there at the Fields of Trenzalore when the Question is asked. We know that River will be freed from Stormcage at some point and becomes a professor so I'm sure the Silence's final defeat will come eventually.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                I think the Doctor will have one last dance with the Silence. I'm sure that at least some of them will be there at the Fields of Trenzalore when the Question is asked. We know that River will be freed from Stormcage at some point and becomes a professor so I'm sure the Silence's final defeat will come eventually.
                Don't forget though - The Silence is a religious order. Not a species, there's no requirement for his 'last dance' with the Silence to be with the Greys.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Don't forget though - The Silence is a religious order. Not a species, there's no requirement for his 'last dance' with the Silence to be with the Greys.

Spoiler:
                  Well I know this season they are having another visit to Demon's Run........ Now will they recognize him as The Doctor?
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 September 2012, 01:13 AM. Reason: TAGS required.
                  Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                    They didn't all die. The Doctor turned humanity against them in 1969. However, at least one was around to observe the Doctor and his friends' little picnic at Lake Silencio on April 22, 2011. The species survived for thousands of years after that since there were at least two accompanying Madame Kovarian at the Luna University in 5145 when they put River inside the astronaut suit and time-shifted her back to 2011.

I think if and when the Question is answered and the Silents' (the Greys) idea that the Question must never be answered is proven wrong, then their religious order might start to fracture. That's a bit of a problem with the greatest tenet of a religious order is suddenly thrown into question.

Spoiler:
                    Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                    Well I know this season they are having another visit to Demon's Run........ Now will they recognize him as The Doctor?
                    I haven't heard this at all for the current season. I've heard lots and lots of things about the Daleks...

Spoiler:
                    as well as dinosaurs, the coming western, cubes, the Weeping Angels, and a Victorian Christmas.

But I've heard nothing about another trip to Demon's Run or the Silence reappearing, whether as the religious movement or the species. Where did you hear this?
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 September 2012, 01:15 AM. Reason: Tagged.
                    sigpic

Comment

Spoiler tags needed for future ep speculation,guys.

To be honest,you might be better off talking about the thing CP referred to in a "Pre-airing" thread for the specific and separate upcoming episodes.
                      That worked really well in the Stargate sections,because nobody had to fiddle around with spoiler tags and spoilerphobes knew not to read the discussion.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Retire the Daleks... I don't think that will ever happen.
                        Dr Who without the Daleks would be like a curry without the spices.

It will be interesting to see what develops.
                        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                        To thy own self... Be true
                        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

If anyone has a problem following what happened in this episode, this wee girl explains it all for you.

sigpic

Comment

Why is that child not cowering behind the couch were she belongs?

Ohhh New Who how you just lack the ability to mentally scar children like in the good old days.
                            I like Sharky
                            sigpic

Comment

She did say that the Daleks were really scary.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                                She did say that the Daleks were really scary.
                                No. She said they were "SCAWY"!

There is a big differance in that.
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X