No announcement yet.

The Big Bang (3113/513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great season ender. Looking forward to seeing what they are doing next season. River is an interesting character.

The young girl playing Amy had her mannerisms and moves down so well that when she was in shadow it seemed she was really the older one. Well done.

Did anyone else flash back to princess Bride when the Doctor replies after Rory says "she's dead". "Well, she's mostly dead".

I liked how after he said he was wearing a fez now because fez's were cool that both Any and River took part in destroying it. LOL

Enjoyable ep all around.
    Shelly
    My Photos
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RDAfan61 View Post
      Did anyone else flash back to princess Bride when the Doctor replies after Rory says "she's dead". "Well, she's mostly dead".
      Yep, absolutely - the moment he said it! I'm not in the least bit surprised to find that the Moff is a Princess Bride fan, since he's been talking about Who as a dark fairytale. Good stuff.
      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
      sigpic
      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I think one of the best lines in the episode were spoken by Rory: "Trust the plastic." The way he said it and the expression on his face was priceless.
        sigpic

Comment

I LOVED this episode. Brilliantly written with twists and turns everywhere. The whole "something old, something new, something borrowed, something BLUE" line was just amazing in the way it was all tied together.

I didn't quite understand how they got the Doctor out of the Pandorica prior to him traveling in the past to give Rory the screwdriver. That part was a bit screwy but all in all could be overlooked as the rest was great.

I knew The Doctor wasn't dead though on the stairs as he "should" have stated regenerating right after reappearing.

I didn't quite understand the whole "there are no stars" part. Time still progressed on Earth as normal, so there should have been stories about stars on record prior to 102 AD (right year?), the Christmas Star would be one of them right?

Lastly, I cannot wait until the Christmas special (January here in the states?) but I really hope its not the space orient express with the Egyptian goddess, unless that goddess is River Song (since she portrayed Cleopatra) and that is how things start with them. I think the whole River/Doctor story starts on a sad note (maybe the death of Rory and Amy?)

Comment

Thought Amy's line, "You may definitely kiss the bride." was pretty funny. I didn't get the ending though, she thought of him and he's suddenly there? Left me a bit confused.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
              Thought Amy's line, "You may definitely kiss the bride." was pretty funny. I didn't get the ending though, she thought of him and he's suddenly there? Left me a bit confused.
              I think it was alluding what the Doctor said to Amy earlier in the episode. If you can remember something even a little bit, it can come back. Admittedly though, the logic that the Doctor's return is based on is a little...fuzzy.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh this show seems to be one big acid/psychedelic trip so I don't mind. A cold star, uh huh. But it's such good fun, I'm gonna have to watch more of the episodes of the last doctor eventually. Too bad that this was the end of the season, right? Wish it was longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                  I think it was alluding what the Doctor said to Amy earlier in the episode. If you can remember something even a little bit, it can come back. Admittedly though, the logic that the Doctor's return is based on is a little...fuzzy.
                  Actually I've been thinking on this and it seems to make a lot more sense. You see based on what the doctor said, because of her close proximity to the cracks for so long, Amy has had the entire universe pouring into her brain. I therefore reckon that this in itself has somehow turned amy into a walking rift in time an space. I'm hoping they may end up expanding on this further in the next season.
                  Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                    II didn't quite understand the whole "there are no stars" part. Time still progressed on Earth as normal, so there should have been stories about stars on record prior to 102 AD (right year?), the Christmas Star would be one of them right?
                    There may be, put is possible that they were just rejected as a myth

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Actually I've been thinking on this and it seems to make a lot more sense. You see based on what the doctor said, because of her close proximity to the cracks for so long, Amy has had the entire universe pouring into her brain. I therefore reckon that this in itself has somehow turned amy into a walking rift in time an space. I'm hoping they may end up expanding on this further in the next season.
                      I thought it had more to do with the effects of being erased by the cracks. The Doctor said that nothing is ever truly erased, there are always small things left that make you somewhat remember it. One thing I noticed was that all of the dolls and pictures that Amelia made (the paper mache doctor and amy) were still on her dresser when Amy woke up on her wedding day. So he was not truly "erased" just ever so slightly forgotten, its like a universal wide perception filter was placed over the Doctor. If you looked hard enough, you could see it, which then made it real (not really how the perception filters worked, but you get the idea)

I was also under the assumption that Amys long term exposure to the crack and her being a "time traveler" had altered her brain slightly enough that she was the only one that could have actually pulled the Doctor back from the other side.

Comment

Yeah I agree, the Doctor left memory marks on Amy as the cracks were closing and he was falling back through time. So she had enough of a memory of him to just remember him.

Comment

Has anyone suggested why the London Blitz was carried out by Boeing B.17's and why it has moved to 1941?

One of the Dr's pieces of advice was the 'stay away from radio signals' - bit difficult for a security guard?

Comment

Well, going from memory, plenty of things changed in the new timeline. The sky is empty, the Earth alone in the universe, Richard Dawkins is apparently leader of a sect who believe in the mythical stars, penguins live in the Nile, and the Pandorica is a world famous object that has been seen throughout history, always accompanied by a mysterious Roman centurion.

The fact that history unfolded otherwise so similarly to ours is probably more remarkable.
                            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                              Well, going from memory, plenty of things changed in the new timeline. The sky is empty, the Earth alone in the universe, Richard Dawkins is apparently leader of a sect who believe in the mythical stars, penguins live in the Nile, and the Pandorica is a world famous object that has been seen throughout history, always accompanied by a mysterious Roman centurion.

The fact that history unfolded otherwise so similarly to ours is probably more remarkable.
                              All perfectly plausible......B.17's bombing London is totally ASB however........

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                                - River is apparently so terrifying that she makes daleks beg for mercy She just got a lot more scary.
                                That was the single best line of all Doctor Who. Ever. It made me laugh to see a Dalek beg for his life LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X