Cold Blood (3109/509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alan View Post
    That happened in a deleted scene that exists only on DVD in the special features section only and so it doesn't count.
    I concur with that. Besides. That would be a majoy cop out.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

A theory perhaps...

Firstly, Amy has no knowledge of the Dalek or Cybermen. Is it possible that the universe the Doctor is currently in isn't actually his? As such, this wouldn't be the 'prime' universe. At some point, in the universe he is currently in, A Doctor, and A Tardis went kaboom, and exploded (or was destroyed), which created the start of these cracks.

Our Doctor (and Tardis) are from a different universe, and as such, this would be the reason Amy has no knowledge of the Dalek's or Cybermen, in addition to us not having seen the Silurians in any future-earth episode we had with Tennant.

Or, it could be on the flip side, in the sense that the Tardis from the crack is from another universe, which somehow ended up in our universe, and with it came an explosion which again caused these cracks?

The other (more obvious) option is that 'our' Tardis is set to explode, and it is 'our' Doctor's job to stop that from happening. Obviously with time in a constant state of flux, the Tardis doesn't have to be destroyed, or, if it is, it doesn't mean it has to be any time soon.
      sigpic
      It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Thinking over the two parter:

1. Knew of the Silurians from research on old-school Who - basically a Centauri-Xon situation, certainly a tricky one for the Doctor

2. Thought the older Amy and Rory would play more of a part.

3. Ambrose was a stupid woman - throwing her to the Silurian wolves would have been more interesting.

4. As for the memory wipe - ouch! These timecracks are clearly very dangerous
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

That happened in a deleted scene that exists only on DVD in the special features section only and so it doesn't count.
          Really? I remember seeing it at the end of the episode. Strange.
          I don't own the DVD nor have watched it on it.

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
            I promise you that it didn't get shown in the transmitted version and neither was it added into the DVD version. I don't know how you saw it unless its up on YouTube or something.
            Last edited by Alan; 02 June 2010, 03:38 AM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
              It definitely wasn't in the broadcast episode, but it is up on YouTube in various forms. Plus the deleted scene was pretty well known.
              And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
              sigpic
              Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Newbie says thanks for first answer to a post

If the Tardis was destroyed, could the Dr bulid/grow/create a new one?
                Also, has the Dr ever been shown considering restarting his own race via some form of cloning ect?
                Dalek: You are an associate of the Doctor. Records indicate you will show mercy.
                Song: I'm River Song, you better check your records again.
                Dalek A moments pause: Mercy!
                Song: Louder!
                Dalek louder: Mercy!
                Song: One more time.
                Dalek panic: Mercy!!!

Dalek dust drifts away.

Comment

Originally posted by YsoL8 View Post
                  Newbie says thanks for first answer to a post

If the Tardis was destroyed, could the Dr bulid/grow/create a new one?
                  Also, has the Dr ever been shown considering restarting his own race via some form of cloning ect?
                  Possibly. Captain Jack Harkness had a TARDIS developing in his office at Torchwood...but it would have taken more years than there are in a humans lifespan for it to be fully grown. If Jack could do it then the Doctor certainly could I'm sure.
                  No. The Doctor wouldn't do that. He's of the opinion that everything has its time and everything dies. The Time Lords are gone.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                  K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Great episode, but I'm shocked about Rory. I can't wait to see what happens to the TARDIS! If it does....

Comment

Oh I will have to rewatch the episode, I have the DVD and remember that being in the episode...

Comment

this episode is ok but i don't feel the pull as i did with past eps
                        sigpic

Comment

Rewatched this one tonight.

The whole Crack scene was amazingly done. In the thick of running and resolving the issue, when you're so consumed with what's going on right then and there--dead stop. Oh no. A crack.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well couldn't that other Doctor who is with Rose build a TARDIS from scratch? He has all the Doctor's memories and Timelord knowledge..... Just a thought.
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              Well couldn't that other Doctor who is with Rose build a TARDIS from scratch? He has all the Doctor's memories and Timelord knowledge..... Just a thought.
                              A TARDIS is grown not built. And as the Doctor is often so keen to point out, any other form of Time travel is incredibly inferior. He probably wouldn't want to risk it.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                                A TARDIS is grown not built. And as the Doctor is often so keen to point out, any other form of Time travel is incredibly inferior. He probably wouldn't want to risk it.
                                Also, it's implied, if not outright stated somewhere, that TARDISes take millennia or certainly centuries to grow. Since the Duplicate Doctor has only a human lifespan, that may not be of much use (though in the deleted scene from Journey's End, Donna did explain how to accelerate it's growth, but this isn't really considered canon since it was, well, deleted).
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X