Cold Blood (3109/509)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
    According to The Beast Below, by the 29th century, deadly solar flares will be roasting the planet. I'm sure the Earthlings will give it back then!
    Maybe. According to the Doctor Who Wikia entry on the Silurians:
    By the 26th century, the inter-species conflicts appeared to have come to an end. Silurians and Sea Devils were accepted into Earth society, and the term "Earth Reptile" was apparently popularized among humans. In the 30th century, the Earth Reptiles were part of the Earth Empire and were considered full members of that government, due to the fact that they were an Earthborn species.
    Article here: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Silurian#Post-contact

If this is what comes to pass then I imagine that the Silurians in hibernation from 2020 will also be integrated into the Earth Empire when they wake in 3020. When the news of the Solar Flares come to pass I imagine they'll go in to hibernation underground whilst other humans leave in colony ships like Starship UK or go into hibernation on stations like Space Station Nerva.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Maybe. According to the Doctor Who Wikia entry on the Silurians:

Article here: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Silurian#Post-contact

If this is what comes to pass then I imagine that the Silurians in hibernation from 2020 will also be integrated into the Earth Empire when they wake in 3020. When the news of the Solar Flares come to pass I imagine they'll go in to hibernation underground whilst other humans leave in colony ships like Starship UK or go into hibernation on stations like Space Station Nerva.
      Makes sense. I think. Yeah, it does. Though Earth Empire doesn't exactly give them back their precious Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little tetchy about it all.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

hey there's a thought. If their hibernation ends during the solar flare crisis, maybe there should be an episode showing that the humans return to earth to find that it has been taken over by this breed of homo-reptillia and assume that they're aliens to be fought off.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Makes sense. I think. Yeah, it does. Though Earth Empire doesn't exactly give them back their precious Earth. I wouldn't be surprised if they were a little tetchy about it all.
          Oh, I doubt that it'd be an easy alliance but I guess that they must make it work for the good of their respective people otherwise there'd be a whole Battle for the Planet of the Apes / Reptiles thing going on.

Interestingly...on the Doctor Who Wikia... there's no details on World War III or World War IV except that both occurred on Earth before the fifth World War around the 51st century. Maybe WWIII or WWIV was a Human / Silurian conflict until the Peace Talks worked out and a treaty was finalised?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
            hey there's a thought. If their hibernation ends during the solar flare crisis, maybe there should be an episode showing that the humans return to earth to find that it has been taken over by this breed of homo-reptillia and assume that they're aliens to be fought off.
            Very interesting idea you had there. Read what I said in my post above about World War III and World War IV.

Comment

I was just thinking if Rory was relay erased then Amy was never given the ring therefor the ring should not be in the TARDIS because it was never there. in outer words maybe the light is just a passage to another place.

Comment

Oh yeah...odd little thing to pick up on, but does anyone else reckon that what Rory was wearing in the last two eps was a little homage to the Back to the Future films. What with the checked shirt and Body warmer.....

Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Oh yeah...odd little thing to pick up on, but does anyone else reckon that what Rory was wearing in the last two eps was a little homage to the Back to the Future films. What with the checked shirt and Body warmer.....

http://lukejohnson.files.wordpress.c...arty-mcfly.jpg
                  Body warmer? I thought that was a life preserver...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney_Mckay View Post
                    Generally,

Spoiler:
                    The series arc is wrapped up at the end of the series unless Moff has some epic twist planned.
                    But these actors have been sign on a 5 years deal, 3 years being guaranteed the last two be optional for both parties, the previous years the actors have only been sign up for one or two years which made it difficult for writers to think ahead to different seasons.
                    I would not be surprise if the story line is not finished this season. In fact I hope it does not end this season an the effect of opening pandorica will carrying in the next season, it sound like something beyond the doctor ability to simply solve in a single ep an I would love it to be something he cannot close or solve. I am getting bored of doctor being able to fixed the problem in ten minutes okay so he occasionally lose something, but the problem is still essentially solved, I would love the problem to go unresolved an something which will always follow the doctor around at least until a little while after he knows what cause the event.
                    An I hope it does not involve the daleks, I would like to have one season final which does not involve the Daleks, they are so boring.
                    Not a bad episode but it was also pretty average. I was hoping the kid would be the ambassador. I hope they do a future episode where we see the unification an the sharing of the planet surface in a future episode. May be the doc have to protect the peace negotiations from a outside threat or something.
                    I hope we do see the tardis destroyed in the future, just so we can see a proper regeneration done in a future episode or better yet let see the doctor build a new one or see them travelling around in temporary time machine for some time, some sort contraption he builds be a interesting change in the series, not having the safe haven of the tardis to run back to.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 30 May 2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      Body warmer? I thought that was a life preserver...
                      It's called a vest, you sci-fi heathens Though Alan gets points for at least referencing what they called it in 1955

Just got done watching this episode. Oh no, not Rory
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        But these actors have been sign on a 5 years deal, 3 years being guaranteed the last two be optional for both parties, the previous years the actors have only been sign up for one or two years which made it difficult for writers to think ahead to different seasons.
                        I would not be surprise if the story line is not finished this season. In fact I hope it does not end this season an the effect of opening pandorica will carrying in the next season, it sound like something beyond the doctor ability to simply solve in a single ep an I would love it to be something he cannot close or solve. I am getting bored of doctor being able to fixed the problem in ten minutes okay so he occasionally lose something, but the problem is still essentially solved, I would love the problem to go unresolved an something which will always follow the doctor around at least until a little while after he knows what cause the event.
                        An I hope it does not involve the daleks, I would like to have one season final which does not involve the Daleks, they are so boring.
                        Not a bad episode but it was also pretty average. I was hoping the kid would be the ambassador. I hope they do a future episode where we see the unification an the sharing of the planet surface in a future episode. May be the doc have to protect the peace negotiations from a outside threat or something.
                        I hope we do see the tardis destroyed in the future, just so we can see a proper regeneration done in a future episode or better yet let see the doctor build a new one or see them travelling around in temporary time machine for some time, some sort contraption he builds be a interesting change in the series, not having the safe haven of the tardis to run back to.
                        I think destroying the TARDIS would be the worst idea in the history of Who. However...losing the TARDIS would be something else entirely.

Agreed on Dalek-free finale. I'm sick to the back teeth of them!

Also, I like the idea that while the Doctor may save the universe (again...) in the finale, he doesn't actually fix the problem, and we get a series arc, rather than a season arc.
                        And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I can't help but wonder if Rory disapearing has anything to do with the explosion. The explosion is set to occur on Amy's wedding day, after all... and Rory is gone.

And somehow I doubt the "cute" one is a candidate.
                          Last edited by Joachim; 30 May 2010, 01:33 PM.

Comment

He did cover his hand with a hankechief or something, and there was no time energy pouring out of the crack that time (A lot like when he was playing around with back in Eleventh Hour). Eventually, after he pulled out the Tardis shard, the time energy started to come out, and that would've erased people, and did erase Rory.

And lol at people believing that this is the last season, even for a second. This show... I think it's one of those ones that'll never die. And especially not at the moment when we have a new Doctor and showrunner.

And lol at people believing that this is the last season, even for a second. /QUOTE]

Yeah I also had to laugh at that. New fans especially from the US would of course have those qualms. Just look how US networks have cancelled shows left and right. Even shows that had good ratings. So yeha I understand the angsting from newbies.

So for those newbies: Don't worry. Doctor Who will stay around for a long, long time. It is lightyears away from being cancelled or ended.
                            Im not a Doctor Who newbie lol, nor am i from the US
                            I was just suggesting that they could have decided to stop producing Doctor Who and that they have kept it under wraps that this last sieries is the last series and the final episode is the final episode
                            But after reading your posts, I have changed my view because as you said, it is the BBCs crown jewel and if it was cancelled, it would make the BBC lose so many viewers and the show has been running so long, they just cant end it now lol. As you also pointed out, the actors in Doctor Who have expressed no interest in leaving the show or ending it, and they also havent reached their 50th anniversary and it would be silly of them to stop before then. They have also got a spot in the Guiness World Records which they will probably want to keep and extend.
                            As for me, I definately hope this is not the last season of Doctor Who because I enjoy sitting down on a Saturday night and watching it, Ive done it for 5 years now since the relaunch. Would be an end of an era for me lol. I also believe that Doctor Who has so much more potential, not saying its rubbish now, it is at a very good quality now, just hope they can pull even more stops out in the future and make it even better.

On the subject of Rory returning, I also think this is highly likely because they made so much significance of the wedding ring (Rory asking it back and them showing him leaving it in the Tardis and focusing on it), it is like with the Doctors hand in last years series finale, they focused on it alot in the first episode and it was a major plotpoint for the finale, so I believe this could be what happens with Rory because the same significance was put on the ring.

As for the crack not erasing the Doctor from existence when he put his hand in, I agree with MattSilver 3k:
                            He did cover his hand with a hankechief or something, and there was no time energy pouring out of the crack that time (A lot like when he was playing around with back in Eleventh Hour). Eventually, after he pulled out the Tardis shard, the time energy started to come out, and that would've erased people, and did erase Rory.
                            and P-90 _ 177 :
                            To me it makes perfect sense how the doctor could put his hand in the crooked smile without disappearing.

Notice how the light came from the crack like tendrils as it absorbed Rory. Well you can think of that as the fire and flames attatched to an explosion. However that isn't all that happens in an explosion. As the Doctor said, there is also shrapnell. as well as something akin to a pressure wave. Both of which occur before the part of the explosion we can see. Now since this is a very slow moving explosion we can assu,e several things.

First that the crack are in fact caused by the equivalent of a pressure wave as it is that which does the initial damage in any explosion.

Second that the shrapnell is of cause from whatever is at the centre of the explosion (though that is fairly obvious) and that it will follow the "pressure wave"

Thirdly that the Light is in fact the part of the explosion we are able to see with out own two eyes. However once a hole in space and time is ripped open then it will take time for the light to catch up to it. So while you might be able to see the light, it might not actually have reached the crack yet.

Therefore the Doctor would be able to stick his hand in without anything happening. Notice how he only really started getting worried and telling amy to stand back when the tendrils of light reached rory. This was the light finally bleeding through the crack.

This can actually be backed up by the fact that the crack seems to getting bigger and brighter each time we see it. The first time we saw it was just a literal crack in the wall. Almost as if space and time had been ripped upen, but the flames of the explosion had yet to errupt.

Comment

There is a Second TARDIS.
                              The Human-Doctor clone of the 10th Doctor is flying it.

The 10th Doctor gave him TARDIS coral to grow his own TARDIS.

Could that be the TARDIS that explodes?

The 10th Doctor (II) returns, and is destroyed?

Comment

Originally posted by An-Alteran View Post
                                There is a Second TARDIS.
                                The Human-Doctor clone of the 10th Doctor is flying it.

The 10th Doctor gave him TARDIS coral to grow his own TARDIS.

Could that be the TARDIS that explodes?

The 10th Doctor (II) returns, and is destroyed?
                                That happened in a deleted scene that exists only on DVD in the special features section only and so it doesn't count.

Comment

Working...
                                X