No announcement yet.

The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have to say is Weeping Angels FTW.

Comment

The moment i knew the new companions name i thought she might actually be River Song. Now ive seen this episode im more sure than ever. Amy will become River.

Comment

Originally posted by rovex View Post
        The moment i knew the new companions name i thought she might actually be River Song. Now ive seen this episode im more sure than ever. Amy will become River.

So anyway, my favourite line in the episode;

'You lot, you're all over the place - Ya like RABBITS!' - Although it was more because of how Smith delivered it which made it more genius.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Why not? Stranger things have happened..

Comment

Why not? Stranger things have happened..
            Well, River would know that and recognise Amy as being her younger self (see the episodes where the Doctor has met his previous incarnations). Also there are more blunt differences, such as Amy's red hair and scottish accent.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

pfffftttt this is Dr who. Mind wipe? Parallel universe? or any number of other weird happenings. besides, River Songs hair IS red.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                Hey, whaddya know, people power works! Now we just have to sort out this pesky general election...
                Get Nick Clegg to do it, he's already cause more sleepless nights for Cameron and Brown than anyone could have dreamed of

Comment

pfffftttt this is Dr who. Mind wipe? Parallel universe? or any number of other weird happenings. besides, River Songs hair IS red.
                  What is your speculation based on though? They're both female companions . . . ?

sigpic

Comment

Like everyone else, loved the episode! The whole soldier communicating after death was very "Silence in the Library", but was just as creepy as it was then. I love that concept.

The only thing that threw me for a loop was the following: Did the Doctor say that the Angels were the most malevolent beings in the universe? What? They don't normally even kill people, just displace them in time. I'd prefer to run into an Angel than a Dalek or Cyberman anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                      Like everyone else, loved the episode! The whole soldier communicating after death was very "Silence in the Library", but was just as creepy as it was then. I love that concept.

The only thing that threw me for a loop was the following: Did the Doctor say that the Angels were the most malevolent beings in the universe? What? They don't normally even kill people, just displace them in time. I'd prefer to run into an Angel than a Dalek or Cyberman anyday.
                      Daleks just exterminate you. Cybermen turn you into one of them, or delete you. Angels send you back into the past, and given the opportunity I don't think I could handle being cut off from my previous life like that. Although if that happened I could always try and signal the Doctor to blink me back into the present.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post

So anyway, my favourite line in the episode;

'You lot, you're all over the place - Ya like RABBITS!' - Although it was more because of how Smith delivered it which made it more genius.
                        Ditto on that.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                          It was damned creepy, especially given how Sacred/Scared/Dead/Angel Bob talks so matter-of-factly. "Sorry about the confusion sir." I expect Steven Moffat could write a seriously scary horror movie if he wanted.

As far as the malevolence goes, the idea that the angels get even worse in part two suggests they are up to something seriously unpleasant. Also, stripping out a soldier's cortex and reanimating a version of his consciousness to serve as a voice, and being very insistent that the Doctor know Bob died in fear does suggest considerable malevolence.

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                          Daleks just exterminate you. Cybermen turn you into one of them, or delete you. Angels send you back into the past, and given the opportunity I don't think I could handle being cut off from my previous life like that. Although if that happened I could always try and signal the Doctor to blink me back into the present.
                          Dalek extermination appears to be excruciatingly painful, as does Cyber-conversion or deletion. Frankly, being killed 'nicely' by abstract, quantum locked statues who want to live of my potential life force by making me live in the past is much more preferable.

Until I realise there's no internet...no xbox live...national service...no penicillin...hmm, tough choice!
                          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                            Dalek extermination appears to be excruciatingly painful, as does Cyber-conversion or deletion. Frankly, being killed 'nicely' by abstract, quantum locked statues who want to live of my potential life force by making me live in the past is much more preferable.

Until I realise there's no internet...no xbox live...national service...no penicillin...hmm, tough choice!
                            Extermination is just three seconds of excruciating pain though, remember.

sigpic

Comment

Brilliantly fantastic episode. Angels and River FTW. I literally rofled at "Doctor, can you sonic me?" and "Oooh, Doctor, you soniced her." Cant wait till next week!

Comment

Pity they dont have a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.....

Comment

Working...
                                X