The Time of Angels (3104/504)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    She asked the Doctor for an air corridor when she was telling him the coordinates. Also, a human should be able to survive a few seconds exposure to space without any major damage, and possibly up to a minute (still conscious) is survivable, but with complications. Just remember to breathe out, not in...
    An actual human exposure accident occurred during the early tests for Apollo at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. JSC has several vacuum chambers, with at least two large enough for humans to work and move about in while in a vacuum. These chambers not only operate at a vacuum, but they also have lights, heat lamps, and chilling coils to simulate both thermal and radiation conditions experienced in space. In one space simulation in 1966, a technician at the Manned Spacecraft Center in Houston (later it was renamed the Johnson Space Center) was testing a spacesuit in such a vacuum chamber. The suit tore and rapidly depressurized. An emergency repressurization procedure was initiated and the subject was rescued by medical personnel standing by for just such an emergency. The technician was exposed to vacuum and low pressure conditions for under a minute, and though he has severe problems at the time and shortly after, he eventually fully recovered.

Comment

iPLayer has this downloadable as a WAV file, would it still have the expiry that usual iPlayer downloads have?

Comment

'Bishop, lock and load'

'Verger, how are we doing with those explosives?

'Sweetpee, I need you'..

Classic..........

Comment

Absolutely brilliant episode.

I thought the comment of "I have pictures of all your faces" and "never seem to meet in the right order" was fairly pointless consider we know she never met 1st to 9th, and that the only real order she could ever meet him in was 10th, 11th and 12th, so fairly limiting.

I was a bit disappointed that once again River knew the Doctor. I was hoping that we'd get a proper introduction this time but I am glad that the Doctor first met her at the end of her live, as I did enjoy having her back. Was pretty cool how she "contacted" him but still, it makes me wonder if the River will ever meet the Doctor.

I'm starting to enjoy Matt Smith more and more, especially when we see him dealing with issues that 10th dealt with regarding his future and mindset to not learn more. The Weeping Angels, brilliant. Moffat took an already cool enemy he created and make them far better than I had thought possible, although I did suspect long before River or the Doctor something was wrong with the whole one headed statue thing. I also noticed this these weaker Angels didn't need to cover their eyes. Possible that just being weaker has given them crap eyesight but then again, it would have given the plot twist away too early.

I am looking forward to seeing a Weeping Angel in it's original form, as it must have one if it can leave a shadow, break necks, rip out peoples voice boxes and use them to communicated while recreating the original conscious to do the talking. It reminded me a bit of the Vashta Nerada.

sigpic

Comment

This was a fabulous episode.

While I enjoyed the first 3 episodes of the series on one level or another, this one makes them look like child's play. Awesome, awesome, awesome.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Something just occured to me..........River knows how to fly the TARDIS but wasn't taught by the Doctor. She has a dark past that she doesn't want him to know about (at least not yet) and has intimate knowledge of him but it is implied now that it isn't in a marital sense.

I wonder if she might be the Rani......Might be crazy but it is 4.43 in the morning and I just woke up on my sofa in the middle of the night.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Okay, that had to be the most awesomest awesome that ever awesomed. Some scary, smart, deathly funny fiction right here. Angels are great, River's an interesting one, and Matt Smith and Karen Gillian continue to impress me thoroughly. Bring on next week!
                ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Something that occurred to me while watching it.... In the past, Doctor Who has had a thing for using anagrams to hint at other things. At one point in The Time of Angels, the Doctor very deliberately called Sacred Bob, "Scared Bob". Hint at something?
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Something that occurred to me while watching it.... In the past, Doctor Who has had a thing for using anagrams to hint at other things. At one point in The Time of Angels, the Doctor very deliberately called Sacred Bob, "Scared Bob". Hint at something?
                    i'm pretty sure he called him scared bob bevause he was scared and to the doctor this showed somewhat more common sense than the bishop.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Yes well that's the given reason

Comment

"has to wait 5 weeks
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

"These words could burn stars and raise up empires and topple Gods."
                          "What does this say?"
                          ".....Hello, Sweetie!"

I will continue to post these words until they become holy.

Comment

This episode was top stuff. I can't fault it. Very enjoyable.

From the first minute of the episode I thought "This. This is cool.".

Look's like they know what our burning question is: WHO IS RIVER?!
                            I also liked their take on the church in the far future....

Comment

Slightly OT but not by much. Looks like the BBC got an earful for their stupid banner ad.

Doctor Who fans angered by trailer for "Over the Rainbow "
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

Hey, whaddya know, people power works! Now we just have to sort out this pesky general election...
                                And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Working...
                                X