Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst episode of the season.

The enemy was just lame.

The scene showing the possible murders were cliche.
    The marriage joke is getting repetitive and boring. Whole cyanide, seem to be stuck in their for no reason other if been in many of her books no other reason. And unicorn, well she just was not menacing enough, should of had her at least try to escape.
    Whole and can they try actually make up their minds where she dumb bird just tagging a long or a smart bird who got a brain.

And then the whole kitchen knife in chest, could not they of think of anything original.

Then the ending, the killing of the creature, the doctor to let it got to easy, here someone who hates killing and she just goes and kills a innocent creature, and say absolutely nothing and show no anger, I mean come on.

And to tap the whole episode off, tardis basement thing at end was just disappointing, For the thing I said above and I want his basement to be more like a warehouse not some dingy little room under the walk way. And I would not of expecting him to be so happy about her just having taken a life that he could saved.

I got a feeling this going to be a episode which some absolutely love and some me will hate it.
    6/10

Come on next week so I forget this episode. Next weeks one sounds very much like Blink.
    Last edited by knowles2; 18 May 2008, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
      Worst episode of the season.

The enemy was just lame.

The marriage joke is getting repetitive and boring. Whole cyanide, seem to be stuck in their for no reason other if been in many of her books no other reason. And unicorn, well she just was not menacing enough, should of had her at least try to escape.
      Whole and can they try actually make up their minds where she dumb bird just tagging a long or a smart bird who got a brain.

And then the whole kitchen knife in chest, could not they of think of anything original.

Then the ending, the killing of the creature, the doctor to let it got to easy, here someone who hates killing and she just goes and kills a innocent creature, and say absolutely nothing and show no anger, I mean come on.

And to tap the whole episode off, tardis basement thing at end was just disappointing, For the thing I said above and I want his basement to be more like a warehouse not some dingy little room under the walk way. And I would not of expecting him to be so happy about her just having taken a life that he could saved.

I got a feeling this going to be a episode which some absolutely love and some me will hate it.
      6/10

Come on next week so I forget this episode. Next weeks one sounds very much like Blink.
      You obviously don't watch or read Agatha Christie

Comment

Too funny. Loved the nods to Cluedo, to the classic screen adaptations of Christie novels (those wiggly flashbacks with "Oh yes, I remember..." made me chuckle every time). I called out "Slasher Heaven!" the moment the pretty footman handed the pretty son that first drink on the lawn (my children looked at me funny ), and I adored Agatha.
        scarimor

Comment

Agatha Christie used to hint about Slashy relationships in her novels.
          Spoiler:
          Miss Hinchcliff and Miss Murgatroyd in A Murder is Announced for one

She hated the Swiss too, for some odd reason

Comment

Loved it. Well, I used to adore Agatha Christie books, and this was just like one of them, well, minus the big anormous halfbreed alien wasp, of course. Still.

Loads of entertaining jokes, too. I laughed my head off during the Doctor being poisoned scene - well and various others!

And
            "All the cute ones are on the other bus"
            "or Time Lords"
            is officially my quote for the week!

A shame we have to wait 2 weeks for Moffatt. Jyust another reason to hate the Eurovision!
            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
              And
              "or Time Lords"
              I wondered about that quote too, does that mean Timelords are a race of bi sexuals

And did Dr/Jack slashers and Dr/Master slashers all punch the air?

Comment

Given the context, it seemed as though the Doctor just didn't want to be ruled out of the 'cute ones' category. If anything, surely this implies that Time Lords are a) on the bus that isn't the other bus, or b) travelling by TARDIS (which I think, as a euphemism, could and probably should mean just about whatever you want it to mean).
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

That was a really fun episode.

Loved the Doctor's enthusiasm for the "murder mystery" thing, it's so him. And getting told off for it by Agatha.

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  (but what was the head! I feel such a second rate Whovian now)
                  Originally posted by pbellosom
                  That is really bugging me as well.
                  Yeah...
                  Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  And is it me or is Donna alternating between being smart and stupid each week? Last week she solved the riddle of the date stamps in the city.... this week she plays the stupid clown!
                  Well, the date stamps thing was something that somebody who's worked in offices would get, like the paperwork stuff in "The Sontaran Strategem". Murder mystery, though... not so much.[/QUOTE]
                  Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  It was cliched on purpose... That was kinda the point...

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                    Well, the date stamps thing was something that somebody who's worked in offices would get, like the paperwork stuff in "The Sontaran Strategem". Murder mystery, though... not so much.
                    Well, next "week's" (and I use sarcastic quote marks) is set in a library, so Supertemp should in theory kick bottom.

As for why she didn't do much this time around, well really there's only so many hero slots in a 45 minute episode and most of the companion props went to Agatha this week. The promotion of a one-off character to co-investigative status basically left Donna on something of a limb, although saying that she showed some quick thinking with the magnifying glass.

And, I suppose, the snog.

Originally posted by knowles2
                    Innocent? Okay, so it was acting on a personality imprinted with Agatha Christie-style whodunnits as a norm, but it wasn't a slave to them. While the vespiform might have been redeemable, it had chosen to kill before, and looked set to do so again. Whereas the Doctor was willing to gamble on talking it around, Donna made a snap call to save one life instead of letting two go (the vespiform looked set to kill Agatha Christie, which the Doctor said would probably kill it as well). For her, a chance of success wasn't enough to weigh against the life lost to failure; I think the Doctor got that, even if he wouldn't have accepted it from himself.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      I wondered about that quote too, does that mean Timelords are a race of bi sexuals

And did Dr/Jack slashers and Dr/Master slashers all punch the air?
                      Well, I took it as another comment of "I'm not interested in humans, in case you weer thinking." Although I can;t help but feel he misses the attention he gotr from MArtha and Rose on that department!

although, the Jack/Doctor slasher in me wants to punch the air!
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

This episode had the same quality as the "The Idiot lantern" as in being an episode not important for the overall storyline but still fun. What made me roll my eyes bit was again the reference to the Doctor and Donna being an odd couple. :rolls eyes: What is this constant "we are not a couple thing" - I think it is supposed to be a running joke but it is annoying.

I loved the little nod to the episode "The Unquiet Dead" with Chris. This was the second time that we had a reference to the episodes from the first season. I just love that. The doctor as Hercule Poirot LOL and everybody backflashing - including the doctor. Hey wait he has a bow and arrow on his back. Maybe it was that adventure with Martha we saw him coming from in "Blink"! I love Agatha Chrstie - she is a lot of fun with the doctor. =) The doctor being poisoned - that reminded me of his actions in "Smith & Jones" Donna was hilarious in this "her sitting by totally engrossed, munching away and chiming in "So did she kill them?" I love Donna! I also loved how they tryied to add as many of the Agatha Christie titles and quotes in the conversations. ^_^ This was a classic Agatha Christie with a twist. Lovely just lovely.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                          Loved it. Well, I used to adore Agatha Christie books, and this was just like one of them, well, minus the big anormous halfbreed alien wasp, of course. Still.

Loads of entertaining jokes, too. I laughed my head off during the Doctor being poisoned scene - well and various others!

And
                          "or Time Lords"

A shame we have to wait 2 weeks for Moffatt. Jyust another reason to hate the Eurovision!
                          Hehe, Loved those lines.

Ridiculously fun episode- definitely lived up to my expectations. I don't think I've read Agatha Christie since I was thirteen, I'm a bit tempted to dig one out.

And the seemingly mandatory "we're not a couple" scenes have to stop. Now. *crosses fingers that Steven Moffat hasn't got one in his eps*

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                            One bit that I loved with reservations was the Trunk of "C". Lovely idea, that he alphabetises his souveniers, lovelier still that he has a vegetable as a souvenier... but he keeps it in the control room, which makes the Tardis seem so much less likely to have a vast collection of other rooms.
                            Well, Control Room does start with C, so it makes sense to keep the C trunk there.

Comment

3 words.

I loved this.

This is my fave ep for this series. At last an OMG! moment or two.
                              Originally posted by Reefgirl
                              Agatha Christie used to hint about Slashy relationships in her novels.
                              I know where you are coming from but
                              Spoiler:
                              she wrote in a rather disapproving way about homosexual people (or characters you could inferred were gay/lesbian), this I will gladly put down to the times she was living (and writing) in, I don't remember any real sympathetic tone to those characters. Also I think being a nurse her perception would have been one where she saw homosexuality as a mental illness. Again a reflection of the times she was living in.

Just saying I would not call her novels "gay friendly" reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                                (but what was the head! I feel such a second rate Whovian now)
                                I thought perhaps a statue head of Caesar? Did he pick one up in "The Romans" or "Fires of Pompeii"?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X