Last of the Time Lords (2913/313)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    The Titanic. "Voyage of the Damned" Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, just watched this episode and it was excellent!!!

Loved every minute of it! Along with the whole storyline, the musical score was fantastic too. I loved the acoustics they used on the more dramatic orchestra, it really touches the heart and conveys the feelings invoke in the music. It really helped tell the story.

Being new to the whole Dr Whoniverse, when the Doctor was reduced to a look-a-like house elf from Harry Potter, is that what a Timelord really looks like after 900 years? Or is this the first time it's been shown as to what they would look like if they were stripped from having the power to regenerate?

As for the Master, I've a feeling he'd be back, because imo, what would Dr. Who be without it's no.1 villain? That's like Superman without his villain Lex Luthor.
      Last edited by Celestial; 25 September 2007, 07:42 AM.
      Proud Thunker of Carson Beckett and John Sheppard
      and Captain Jack Harkness
      Creator of The Rockett - Rodney & Beckett Thread
      Priestess of the Lab Coat Love Association
      Proud owner of the chant *sigh..swoon..faint..Thunk!*
      I live here.....Calling All Australians?
      My other home...Stargate Down Under
      My Life on LiveJournal

Comment

Of couse he will be back, he always has a plan to cheat death
        Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial View Post
          Being new to the whole Dr Whoniverse, when the Doctor was reduced to a look-a-like house elf from Harry Potter, is that what a Timelord really looks like after 900 years? Or is this the first time it's been shown as to what they would look like if they were stripped from having the power to regenerate?
          Probably. To me, it represented what the Doctor would look like if all his accumulated years were suddenly wrapped up in a single body. And yes, that could be due to him being stripped of his regenerative powers. I couldn't say for sure though. Someone who is well versed with Whoniverse facts and figures would be able to provide an answer much better than mine.
          "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Ta de da Drumroll please I am here.

And I am posting my thoughts. All pure opinion and speculation so
            flame away if you are not impressed with me.

Hell I am I impress myself every day hehe...
            ==============================================

OMG OMG OMG OMG

I enjoyed the episode for the most part. It would however have
            made more sense and been more poignant had they not done
            the time reversal and left Earth to rebuild....... That would have
            had far greater impact IMHO

But that notwithstanding a fracking good episode....

I was very forgiving of the whole "let's all think about the Doctor" and
            he shall regenerate back to youth..... I liked that, but the way the
            Master leaves, I get the feeling he may in fact be a lost family member
            of the Doctor's bloodline. Anyone else kind of thinking that way?

I'm not too sure how to feel about the fact Jack is the Face Of Boe. On
            one hand I can accept it. On the other I think it's a bit mean to the
            character to just turn him into a head in a jar...... However I do have
            a theory on how they did that.

Here goes John's theory of how Jack Harkness becomes "The Face Of
            Boe"
            ===================================================
            Over the course of time as Jack contnues to age, he
            continues to live and so being immortal he will never see
            death like normal humans. Over this period his body has
            aged and his limbs long atrophied. He must have left
            Earth at some point in time too and is now on some kind
            of life support machine gradually over time his body and limbs
            withering away over the passing of time and his brain and head
            swelling to enormous size.

Well that's my theory.
            ===================================================

The flying base didn't remind me of Captain Scarlett but did make me
            think of the movie "Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow"

Poor Tardis she was molested badly but the Doctor fixed her all up thanks
            to the time reversal... Less said about that the better. That is a very,
            very sore point with me.... I wish they had not done that. Lazy
            writing iMHO...

=========================================
            Did anyone notice the hand with the red nail polish picking
            something off the ground like a fancy ring maybe?

I wonder who that could be. Was it the Rani? Or another alien

And will we ever see the Tochlafane again? Maybe the Doctor can
            meet them again and make them sane and nice

Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
              Probably. To me, it represented what the Doctor would look like if all his accumulated years were suddenly wrapped up in a single body. And yes, that could be due to him being stripped of his regenerative powers. I couldn't say for sure though. Someone who is well versed with Whoniverse facts and figures would be able to provide an answer much better than mine.
              well, i know a bit and i know that the first doctor (William Hartnell) died and regenerated of old age/stress when he was about 900, and he just looked like an old man.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

I have several ideas on the drumming noise the Master hears.

It might just be in his head and some mental effect

It could be real

It could be someone / something calling to him.

On that last point I'm thinking if he comes back that maybe the drumming
                is someone like say maybe Omega or the resurrected ghost of Rassilon
                himself calling to the Master from out of the void....

Comment

Not as good as "Sound of Drums", but the overall performance of John Simms made this pretty awesome as well. I expected the whole "world chanting Doctor" part to be somewhat more epic, but its served it purpose.

Once again, Doctor Who completely ker-ploded my mind with the Sci-fi-ness of the origins of the Tolclafanes and the Paradox machine. Seriously, you don't see this kind of inventiveness here in North America, and it's just too bad.

Anyway, great episode...too bad we'll need to wait 2 years (?) for the next one.

And yes, "we", as in, I'm hooked.

Comment

You might like to know Season 4 has been filmed

Comment

So...why aren't they airing it?

Something tells me I'm about to be enraged. Better get that laser screwdriver ready...

Comment

You probably will get it. We are getting it late 2008 so the US should
                        get it too.

Not sure about the UK but I think they're seeing it before us

Comment

Catherine Tate said yesterday on The Paul O'Grady Show that she was filming Doctor Who until march next year...
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                            Catherine Tate said yesterday on The Paul O'Grady Show that she was filming Doctor Who until march next year...

Thanks Mappy
                            I was about to look that up

And I love Donna Noble, mainly because in Doctor Who she's a fiery redhead.
                            Redheads rule. Second place brunettes
                            Last edited by Coco Pops; 24 September 2007, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Oh, that's good.

Thanks guys!

Comment

*sigh* looooooved.....

But right now I'm stuck at: Jack is The Face of Boe! JACK IS THE FACE OF BOE!

That's brilliant. I admit, that moment sparked a scream, no one would want to be the person sat next to me. I want to go back and re-watch all of the Face of Boe episodes now, just knowing that. Anyone know if this was originally thought of back in season one, or something they thought up when writing season three?

That scene where the Master died.....that is some of David Tennant's best acting, I was on the verge of tears upon seeing him cry. Plus I really didn't want to Master to die.

Ooh, and a Torchwood ad! Finally! Granted, one of those annoying pop-up-on-the-bottom-of-the-screen ads. But finally!

And I really can't stop tapping. It's infectious.

Comment

Working...
                                X