No announcement yet.

The Impossible Planet (2808/208)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is one of the best episodes. Just everything about it... was great! But I have to say the one thing that hooked me the most was the background music. If they ever make a soundtrack for Doctor Who, the background music used in this episode has GOT to be on it. Well, that and Song for Ten and Bad Wolf Theme, of course. ^^
    "Only a few find the way. Some don't recognize it when they do. Some... don't ever want to."

Comment

Oh, I agree, the really simple violin music used is beautiful and really effective as well.

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Just a sig/banner I quickly made for this ep. Something of a sneak/trailer I guess. Slight spoilers.

Spoiler:

Comment

was it just me but from the being from the ep all i could think about was the game doom 3 the ep was kind of like it

Comment

I'm glad to have recorded this as I'm still on heavy meds following my surgery this week. What I could follow of it was really good. Now back to narcotic induced haze...
            sigpic

Comment

Just hope it doesn't give you drug-fueled nightmares.

Still a good ep although the whole shippy angle continues to read awkwardly to me. *sigh* I hate ship, especially when it's unsubtle and clumsy.

Comment

very good ep can't wait for the second part.
                My friend said it reminded him of Event harizon.
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Wow that was a good episode, it was creepy and moody and just awesome. I didn't think much of the writing on the wall till they said something about the Beast rising from the pit, then I was like "oh hell, that was Angelic script". I think I'm going to be looking over my shoulder every time I sit at the computer now. Pretty ballsy move to take on the Lord of Darkness, kinda heavy for Dr. Who. Gotta say best episode of Who I've ever seen, if only CE were in it.
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Glad you guys liked it. It was indeed fantastic, and there was a huge Event Horizon feel to it.

Something a load of us Brits mused was that it had a Stargate feel as well. The archeologist, the ancient languages, the ruins, and then some creature (possibly) posing as the Devil.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It just didn't feel like a television, it felt like a movie, I kept forgetting I was watching Dr. Who. I think it could be the basis for a pretty cool series.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

"Some call him Satin" Wow that was One creppy episode. I know the Red being would be coming but I didn't know that it would be him. And the Tartis poor tartis the doctor said it was acting funny and it was because it could feel it down in the planet. Though the tartis is probley fine.
                        Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
                        Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
                        new enemy of the Ori
                        At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

Heh. I actually wasted about a minute trying to figure out which character was called Satin because none of them seemed particularly silky to me. Oh, what a difference a letter makes. LOL!

Now, Satan on the other claw... veeery interesting. And it's handled in a way that manages to make it seem slightly less hokey than it otherwise might.

Comment

TARDIS!

For the love of God!

TARDIS

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

There, there FOB...Don't raise your blood pressure ... just practice:
                              sigpic

Comment

I have to say, did not like this episode, do not like things involving the creepy devil thingies. However this is when I admit, I scare easy. However I knew it was the devil long before he was revealed as such. I kept on saying to my friend, who this was his first time watching Doctor Who, this is Satan, this is Stan, or something damn close, and I was right.
                                Although a few questions that I do have about the episode, maybe you can answer them for me. One what do you think was responsible for the Tardis almost refusual to land? Was it the black hole, or was it that it detected that something dark was down on the planet? Did Satan destroy the Tardis gobble it up because he may need it? Was the Tardis the final part it needed to escape? Was the Tardis being caught in the quake accident, or was it according to some unholy design. Is he right now using it to power his escape from the trap door?
                                If anyone can answer these, or discuss the great foggy layer in front of my eyes can be lifted, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X