The Age Of Steel (2806/206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silverdamascus
    My joy at finding he was named Rickey was remembering the 9th Doctor's insistance on allways calling Mickey that.

"It's Mickey."
    "No. It's Rickey."
    "I think I know my own name."
    "You think you know your own name, how thick are you?"
    Makes you wonder if it was just the producers having a bit of fun or if the 9th Doctor knew something... *cues spooky music*

Probably just for fun, but still a nifty "what if..." scenario.

Comment

why did Mickey have to leave i was just beging to like the guy

Comment

I loved this episode. I'll probably be more articulate tomorrow, but for now my comments will be brief.

Pros:

The Doctor as usual. His emotions were intensly powerful tonight.

Mickey. His actions and his final decisions were wonderful. I agree that Rickey's death was obvious five minutes into Part 1, but I found his and Mickey's choices moving.

Cons:

Rose as usual. She still can't figure out that she isn't the center of the universe, but she may be starting to get the hint tonight.

I give it a 10/10.
        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

good ep. Would have like to seen Micky stay, but that's okay. I've alway like DW with three companion rather then just one
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Pity about Mrs. Moore, she'd have made a good Companion.

Speaking of which... has there ever been a Companion who's "older" than the Doctor? In terms of looks, obviously.

Comment

Mrs. Moore would have been a nice Companion for a bit.
              I was touched by Mickey's line about tin dogs...Made me think of Shadow's sig line.
              Also touching was when the cybermen had their "souls" returned and the agony of what had happened to them was realized.
              sigpic

Comment

umm, ok someone has probably already thought of his, the baddie goes 'i have factories on 7 continents waiting....'

the 7th continent is antarctica. which is mostly unpopulated cept for scientists so how did he build a factory without folks knowing and why waste the resources on a factory when the continent has maybe a few hundred people at most,and that's only during the summer
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  I was touched by Mickey's line about tin dogs...Made me think of Shadow's sig line.
                  It's where I got the idea. *huggles Mickey*

Rose is a jerk. She never appreciated Mickey anyway. But no worries, Jakey Boy's gonna take goood care of Mickey, especially once they hit Paris.

Glad he's found someone who'll appreciate him.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    the 7th continent is antarctica. which is mostly unpopulated cept for scientists so how did he build a factory without folks knowing and why waste the resources on a factory when the continent has maybe a few hundred people at most,and that's only during the summer
                    Cyperpenguins. Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      Cyperpenguins. Duh.
                      Oh I can see the horror not even the doctor can beat
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        Cyperpenguins. Duh.
                        ROFLOL
                        Last edited by Nolamom; 03 November 2006, 07:41 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

there's nobody there to know. And probably to send surplus by plane or whatever.

Or, he might consider India a continent or something.

By the way: Am I the only one who thinks the Cybermen are horribly designed? They walk way too slowly.
                          Last edited by full.infinity; 04 November 2006, 04:22 PM.
                          Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                          Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                          -Audioslave

Comment

I absoluty loved this episode. Afetr seeing (and knowing) what episode comes next, I thought "The Cybermen episodes were so crazy! how are The Doctor and Rose going to recover from it?"

The Cybermen were ok....They acted like sales men (Every citizen will recieve a free upgrade) and they did walk too slow and were waaay too armored. I loved the Mondas / Telos Cybermen better.

Speaking of that, Sci Fi deleted some scenes! one where the Doctor explain how the original Cybermen exsist in our Universe and says a little about them. The very end went too fast because of a scene or two being deleted (no cyber-pun there)

I knew The Sonic Screwdriver had a part in being able to defeat Cybermen. I wish they would put Gold as their weakness again and not make their voices sound worse than the first original Cybermen did.

its ok Mickey left. Sad how Rickey died. Poor ol' Pete. half-brained Rose! Why the heck does she just run off when The Doctor is warning them?! argh!

I have a relative that is atleast 2 or 3 that has John Lumic's smile which is very creepy. The Cybercontroller was awsome. When I spotted some "emotion" in his voice I thought "Wait. isnt he a Cyberman, too?" and when he was getting up yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" I was like "OH NO! DONT GET UP! STAY THERE! RUN DOCTOR N' GANG! BURN YOU STUPID CYBERMAN, BURN!!!" and when he got on the ladder I about ran into the bathroom! my goodness was it scary!

When I saw the "empty" Cybermen on display in the zepplin, I thought it was the Proto-type Cyberman not Mondas. if it was Mondas/Telos then it would have looked diffrent and without the C on it's chest.

I was horrified by the Cybermen going insane and blowing up. I was very sad about Sunny The Cyberman. I have alot of sympathy for her. Same with Jackie the Cyberman and Pete's reaction. Very sad but really great how he got revenge by killing The Cybercontoller.

RTD needs to get the original Cybermen back and make the show more about The Doctor and not focus so much on the companions. I rate this as 10/10

Can't wait for the season finale.....

This pic was made by the Hyper-Intelligent being known as.....Metarock Sam!

Spoiler:

This fabulous sig made by Myn McGeek, Third Sentinel

Comment

umm, ok someone has probably already thought of his, the baddie goes 'i have factories on 7 continents waiting....'

You know it is an AU Earth, well it was when I watched it maybe Antarctica is different there, maybe it can be bought by people as apposed to shared by nations. Just a thought.
                              Last edited by Willow'sCat; 04 November 2006, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by full.infinity View Post
                                By the way: Am I the only one who thinks the Cybermen are horribly designed? They walk way too slowly.
                                You and me both, friend. I don't know why people say these guys are better than the Borg. Give me the Borg over these goofballs any day.
                                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                                What have these years left to me?
                                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Working...
                                X