The Age Of Steel (2806/206)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    That was a good ep, but sooo sad. Poor Pete, he loses his wife and then Rose messes with his head by telling him that she - bright, resourceful, kind, affectionate, brave - could have been the daughter that his wife never had because of her figure. Poor, poor guy.

Mickey. *Sob* and *Woohoo!*. I'll miss him, he's a great character, he really grew on me and Noel Clarke deserves much praise. But he never really felt as if he was happy. Now he's a hero instead of a tin dog, and he's got his Gran and a friend and a purpose, and a blue van. And someone else's parking tickets.

The bit with the cybermen regaining their emotions was painful to watch. Imagine waking up to find that your brain is inside a tin can . The "getting married tomorrow" bit would have looked massively corny to me if I'd seen it in a script, but when it came from the metal head it was so incongruous and shocking that it wasn't a bit corny.

Next week's ep looks fab and it's got Maureen Lipman in it and she's wonderful. But WHEN DO WE GET TO SEE ANOTHER PLANET please, Mr RTD?
    Thanks Madeleine You've said everything I wanted to say, and you said it much better than I ever could.

I found Mickey to be a rather annoying character, but after this episode I felt so happy for him now that he has a purpose in life.

I thought that the scene in the factory when all the people were being upgraded was great. If I was a small child I would have been terrified by all the blades etc. I loved it!
    Last edited by dipsofjazz; 21 May 2006, 04:51 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I felt this episode lacked. Lacked plot and lacked subtance I mean what a cop out at the beginning, using a bit of the Tardis to destroy the cybermen.

It was a shame about Mrs Moore, I'd like to have seen a bit more of her

I saw the Mickey/Ricky thing coming last week as I think did the majority of the viewing public.

On the whole, disappointing

Comment

as an ep, I'm pretty sure I'm disappointed.

I really enjoyed the appearance of the Cyberleader and Mickey finally manning up and staying behind, but everything else was fairly blah.

While the resolution with the Cybermen at the beginning was visually great, I thought it was kinda cheesey.

Hopefully this interaction with her father will end her quest to have her family back as it's apparent in two universes it wasn't meant to be. I find her fixation to be quite annoying and a poor plot device.
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

And the way they used the old Alternative Reality cop out for the explaining away the differences in the evolution of the Cybermen was really disappointing, they could have thrown in a couple of Mondas Cybermen in as a plot twist

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl
            And the way they used the old Alternative Reality cop out for the explaining away the differences in the evolution of the Cybermen was really disappointing, they could have thrown in a couple of Mondas Cybermen in as a plot twist
            I agree, when they found the "empty" cyberman on the zeppelin, I was sure it was a Mondas cyberman.

Comment

Well, I loved it. The Gruesomes were engrossed, and they jumped and screamed in all the right places.

We're all sorry to see Micky go, he was turning into a great character,but what's really doing it for me is the Doctor's emotions. First when Sally-Cyberperson woke up, he was genuinely so sorry for what had happened to her. And when he said that she was dead he looked devastated.

I loved his relationship with Mrs Moore. Loved the name, really really loved the name. And I absolutely LOVED that she was old like me. :-D I really felt that had she lived he would have invited her along - what a great companion she would have made, and knowing that her husband and kids thought she was dead adds a bit of something there. The Doctor's anger when she was killed was great.

But... Battersea Power station? I love that building, but Mr.MC and I just kept saying "where's the pig?"

But then we're like that.

Fab ep. Can't wait for Maureen Lipman next week.
              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

OMG!

Amazing episode. I absolutely loved it.

For a start I loved the resolution to the cliff hanger... why? Because a friend of mine who keeps calling me "Doctor" because of my obsession and because she says I look similar (which i REALLY dont) asked me how I was going to get out of it... So I said i had the power cell from the TARDIS in my hand and would unleash the energy within it onto the cybermen, and as it was from another universe it would cause catastrophic results...

I was right!

Anyway.... The most powerful scene...

The cyberman looking in a mirror and touching its face in horror... I actually cried, I mean... these creatures have been heartless villains and nothing more, for 50 years give or take, and now we get taken in and shown the true cruelty of what has happened to them. It was awful! WELL DONE RTD!!!!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom
                  I agree, when they found the "empty" cyberman on the zeppelin, I was sure it was a Mondas cyberman.
                  thats precisly what i though!
                  Hola

Hello

Comment

Just watched the ep. Sad ending, it sucks that Mickey decided to stay behind. It was kind of weird that the Tardis landed in the Tyler's living room. I give it a ***.
                    sigpic

Comment

I loved the T.A.R.D.I.S landing in the living room, it goes to my believe that when The Doctor really wants to make her go somewhere he can, he just usually doesn't mind when or where he ends up.

I still didn't see anything sad about the episode just realistic *as much as it can be* people die, people make sacrifices, people make bad decisions, people are fraking insane.

I did at one point think RTD or the writer at least was going for a slight comment on today's society,

"The human race for such an intelligent lot, you aren't half subceptable. Give anyone a chance to take control and you submit, sometimes I think you like it; easy life"

I really loved those lines from The Doctor.

Yep humans will except anything as long as we can still have that big screen telly. Yes take our rights away just don't take away our PlayStation!

Comment

Well, I liked this episode... A LOT...

I didn't mind the quick resolution of the cliffhanger from last week... very classic Who to me...
                        I didn't mind the Cyber controller's new look... the brain in the forehead look was somewhat eerie...
                        I certainly didn't mind Mickey saving the day with the Doctor's help.
                        Most of all, I didn't mind the Doctor flashing his teeth and trying to buy time.
                        There were times I thought I saw curly locks and an inordinately long scarf coming to the foreground.

I am sorry to see Mickey go... but there's a part of me that believes that he will be back. This is scifi afterall...
                        sigpic
                        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha

While the resolution with the Cybermen at the beginning was visually great, I thought it was kinda cheesey.
                          I was thinking that same thing. Then I thought, this might be a way for TPTB to bring the Cybermen to this reality. Maybe the TARDIS crystal didn't destroy them, Maybe it zapped them into this reality.

Just something to think about.

Trader Joe

Comment

I just watched the classic sereis episode Inferno, in it the Doctor states that two of the same person can't exist in the same dimension. Yet here we have both Mickey and Rickey. Is this a continuity error or is there some explanantion.

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom
                              I just watched the classic sereis episode Inferno, in it the Doctor states that two of the same person can't exist in the same dimension. Yet here we have both Mickey and Rickey. Is this a continuity error or is there some explanantion.
                              That's the reason they changed the letter

Madeleine

Comment

My joy at finding he was named Rickey was remembering the 9th Doctor's insistance on allways calling Mickey that.

"It's Mickey."
                                "No. It's Rickey."
                                "I think I know my own name."
                                "You think you know your own name, how thick are you?"

Will green intelligent debates, not just those who share my views. Challenge - always.

Comment

Working...
                                X