The Empty Child (2709/109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    I like that. I'm not exactly sure I understand the difference, but it sounds less passive.
    Omni means "anything goes." Or possibly everything. Male, female, other, human, non, whatever; if it has sex, it's do-able, if you'll pardon the pun.

And of course, if it doesn't have sex, it can probably be taught a great new... recreational activity.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Omni means "anything goes." Or possibly everything. Male, female, other, human, non, whatever; if it has sex, it's do-able, if you'll pardon the pun.

And of course, if it doesn't have sex, it can probably be taught a great new... recreational activity.
      Gotcha. Well, I'm glad he's there to cover all the bases.

It's a nice foil for the Doctor.

Comment

Course there's always pansexual...

But I do prefer omni.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
          Course there's always pansexual...

But I do prefer omni.
          Yeah, 'cause sex with pans is just icky.

The "omni" gives it a nicer ring, IMO.

As for the ep... that little boything is creeeepy. If I had a sofa to hide behind while watching this ep, I'd probably be camped out there.

The story itself has some of the goofiness inherent in a lot of Who (or as far as I can tell, anyway) but that doesn't make it any less creepy. And watching that gas mask pop out of the doctor's (lower case) mouth and his eyes expand into plastic (or whatever it was) ovals... *shivers* Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I think "omnisexual" is the term that best applies.
            There we go, thats a more suited term
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

As long as I don't see two guys making out (gah!!) i'm fine with it.

Anyone know how well the ep did here in the states?
              It feels good to be alive.
              Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

What's wrong with two guys?

Not like anyone gets upset over a guy and a girl. Bisexuals and homosexuals are allowed as much fun as heterosexuals.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                  What's wrong with two guys?

Not like anyone gets upset over a guy and a girl. Bisexuals and homosexuals are allowed as much fun as heterosexuals.
                  Two guys, two girls. Doesn't matter. It still looks gross and unnatural for me. I'm more of a "how nature intended it" kind of guy.

Comment

:: Makes mental note never to mention to GhostPoet what Mother Nature lets male giraffes and ducks get up to with other male giraffes or ducks ::

I don't especially like to see m/m snogs either, but then I'm no fonder of m/f snogging on TV either. *kissing* is fine though, however it's done

Spoiler for end of series 27
                    Spoiler:
                    The noice chaste kisses the doctor gave rose and Jack - on the lips but no snogging - were rahter sweet, IMO.

Madeleine

Comment

This will no doubt sound horribly mean, but I need to get it off my chest.

Rose just seems to only have enough wholesome prettiness to go around. It's like only one end of her can look good at a time. Episodes where her bottom looks amazing (like this one), her face does not look so much. Same was true of the Dalek episode. Nice butt, bad hair, British teeth...egads.
                      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                      What have these years left to me?
                      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        :: Makes mental note never to mention to GhostPoet what Mother Nature lets male giraffes and ducks get up to with other male giraffes or ducks ::

I don't especially like to see m/m snogs either, but then I'm no fonder of m/f snogging on TV either. *kissing* is fine though, however it's done

Spoiler for end of series 27
                        Spoiler:
                        The noice chaste kisses the doctor gave rose and Jack - on the lips but no snogging - were rahter sweet, IMO.

Just because animals do it doesn't make it natural. Now..if two male humans could re-produce....

Comment

Sharing a link to a pic that made me grin. And ya know, I kinda did think of that book during the ep...

Comment

This episode is now "The Hugo Award Winning episode, The Empty Child."

The Empty Child & The Doctor Dances won the Hugo for best Short Form Dramatic presentation. In fact, Doctor Who also took spots 2 and 3 for Dalek and Father's Day respectively. This has them beating out Battlestar Galactica's The Pegasus.

Serenity won for Long Form.
                            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

The beginning of the 2nd of three 2-parters in the series.

It was scary that just a simple phrase 'I want my mommy' sent my spine chilling. Great episode.
                              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Love your signature "The Signal" person

VOTE SAXON!

Comment

Working...
                                X