The Empty Child (2709/109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
    Perhaps because it was a two-parter which ended with an apparent "no escape" situation, they didn't want to show anything.
    I don't think so, because in the first two part episode Aliens of London/World War III, they aired the World War III preview.
    "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
    The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
    Rose: "Your face!"
    The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
    The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      This two-parter is one of my favorites and not just because of the hotness that is Captain Jack.
      Hehe... agreed! Jack is delicious!

Mattathias

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
        Hehe... agreed! Jack is delicious!

Mattathias
        I tend not to agree with that, I mean with all of the hype surrouding this charactar I thought that he was a little bit of a let down.
        "Nothing stays lost forever." The Triangle tag line. Now on DVD, own it forever.

Rose: "She slapped you!"
        The Doctor: "900 years of time and space, and i've never been slapped by someone's mother."
        Rose: "Your face!"
        The Doctor:"it hurt!!"
        The 9th Doctor/Rose from Aliens of London.

Comment

Originally posted by northstar_08030
          I tend not to agree with that, I mean with all of the hype surrouding this charactar I thought that he was a little bit of a let down.
          Just wait, he is so much hotter..um better in The Doctor Dances. Anyway these things are all in the eye of the beholder what works for some... eh, I really loved his inclusion in the series in fact he made the series work for me, the dynamics with him, Rose and The Doctor was reason enough for me to watch.

Comment

Agreed, except for the hotness thing He is the kind of character that can appeal to a lot fo people, but there is the small audience who will not like him because he is a little too out there, not following basic rules (ie. he has no specified sexuality)
            Spoiler:
            I was surprised when in The Doctor Dances, you think he is about to die, and i really didnt want him to AT ALL, and usually I just shrug off the deaths of minor characters (Gwen in episode 3 for instance)
            Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
            - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I loved this episode and can't wait for Friday!! My hubby even left his computer chat to watch when he heard the creepy, "Mummy" talk.

Not knowing any spoilers or anything upcoming, does Jack become a "reg" after this?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Spoiler:
                kinda, he's in the next 3 eps of the season, and that leads to the finale, when we see what kind of a man he really is. After that, he's gone, but he has his own spin off (Torchwood) and he is supposedly in Season 3/29 of Doctor Who (he has said it himself, though it seems like he will be very busy)
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                  Agreed, except for the hotness thing He is the kind of character that can appeal to a lot fo people, but there is the small audience who will not like him because he is a little too out there, not following basic rules (ie. he has no specified sexuality)
                  Spoiler:
                  I was surprised when in The Doctor Dances, you think he is about to die, and i really didnt want him to AT ALL, and usually I just shrug off the deaths of minor characters (Gwen in episode 3 for instance)
                  He is bisexual, isn't he? That's specific, isn't it?

If a fan is fine with the Doctor being asexual, then a bisexual shouldn't be much of an issue in that regard.

It's an interesting dynamic between the three characters as evidenced in the following episodes.

Comment

He is bisexual, isn't he? That's specific, isn't it?
                    Well yes, but the term "bisexual" seems more constricting (or to me anyway) than the Doctor's description of his time not being bogged down by sexuality at all, and I have a funny feeling species wouldnt be a massive problem for it *preps Dalek/Captain Jack ship thread*
                    Last edited by The Signal; 08 May 2006, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                      Well yes, but the term "bisexual" seems more constricting (or to me anyway) than the Doctor's description of his time not being bogged down by sexuality at all, and I have a funny feeling species wouldnt be a massive problem for it *preps Dalek/Captain Jack ship thread*
                      Yes, but that's nothing that hasn't already been dealt with repeatedly by shows like Star Trek, so I don't see the big deal.

Comment

Creepy as heck, for sure. Rose giving the Doctor's name as "Mr. Spock" was funny. When Captain Jack mentioned scanning for alien tech, I wondered if the TARDIS would be particularly attention-getting.

The sequence with the Albion Hospital doctor growing the mask, shivery weird. Just a creepy episode and I really want next Friday to get here already.
                        "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                        " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                        Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

I think "omnisexual" is the term that best applies.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I think "omnisexual" is the term that best applies.
                            I like that. I'm not exactly sure I understand the difference, but it sounds less passive.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonGate
                              Creepy as heck, for sure. Rose giving the Doctor's name as "Mr. Spock" was funny. When Captain Jack mentioned scanning for alien tech, I wondered if the TARDIS would be particularly attention-getting.

The sequence with the Albion Hospital doctor growing the mask, shivery weird. Just a creepy episode and I really want next Friday to get here already.
                              I was thinking "Good Luck" when he said he was going to scan for alien tech. maybe he only found him because he used the sonic screwdriver
                              Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I like that. I'm not exactly sure I understand the difference, but it sounds less passive.
                                It means, as Steven Moffat once put it, "Captain Jack: Nice guy, but don't leave him alone with your sister, brother, dog or a shrub."
                                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X