No announcement yet.

'Defiance' (Rockne S. O'Bannon/Syfy) -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irisa is kinda cute... Especially when she was singing...

But I sense that Jamie Murray's character, Stahma Tarr, is 'the power behind the throne' so to speak. And has an agenda of her own.
    "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
    Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
    Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
    Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
    I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
    To thy own self... Be true
    May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Oh, I think it's more that just a little obvious that she manipulates her husband to his advantage. She married him because he was strong - and she's got the brains.
      sigpic

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see how the storyline develops. I see more twists and turns occuring.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Oh, I think it's more that just a little obvious that she manipulates her husband to his advantage. She married him because he was strong - and she's got the brains.
          I think she is also ruthless. When Stahma is talking to Christie about how she got married:

Spoiler:
          she said that the guy who was her betrothed had an unfortunate accident with a pressure hatch on his way to fight a duel with Datak. I suspect that it was no accident, and I don't think Datak would have anything to do with such an act. So, to my mind, it leaves Stahma as the primary suspect.

regards,
          G.
          Go for Marty...

Comment

oh, certainly ruthless...
            Spoiler:
            the way she's suggesting that the kids get married and then that her father meet with an unfortunate accident (too)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              oh, certainly ruthless...
              Spoiler:
              the way she's suggesting that the kids get married and then that her father meet with an unfortunate accident (too)
              Yup. It's going to be interesting to see how Christie develops with Stahma as a mother-in-law, assuming things develop in that way.

regards,
              G.
              Go for Marty...

Comment

"behind every great man, stands a women telling him what to do", pretty apt all things considered after Ep4.

Comment

there are sections for each episode, you know that right ? Otherwise, do you know how the ratings are ? I only found it quick for the pilot - and it did fairly well - what about the third and fourth episode though ?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                    there are sections for each episode, you know that right ? Otherwise, do you know how the ratings are ? I only found it quick for the pilot - and it did fairly well - what about the third and fourth episode though ?
                    Episode name Live +SD Viewers(in million Live +SD HH 18-49 demo
                    Episode 5 2.15 0.8
                    Episode 4 2.29 0.8
                    Episode 3 2.40 0.8
                    Episode 1+2 2.73 1.0
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...ytheNumbers%29

Hardly a surprise given the numbers but Defiance has a S2
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

YEAH! Season 2!

All the people saying that Syfy is to blame for shows not making it, well you're wrong. (Obviously considering its ratings that make the decision and we are the people who make ratings) Syfy is very behind this project.

Also possibly one of the most in-depth shows (from the start) that I have ever come across.

Comment

I do like it, and I'm glad Syfy renewed it already, but I would trade it for another season of Eureka without a second's hesitation.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                            YEAH! Season 2!

All the people saying that Syfy is to blame for shows not making it, well you're wrong. (Obviously considering its ratings that make the decision and we are the people who make ratings) Syfy is very behind this project.

Also possibly one of the most in-depth shows (from the start) that I have ever come across.
                            Ya DO know how much money they have sunk into this project yeah?
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I am glad to hear that we get at least a second season !
                              sigpic

Comment

Great news about a second season...
                                But I'm going to sit back and enjoy the rest of season 0ne...!

Comment

Working...
                                X