The Caprica speculation/discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    Dead as in there's no news. Not dead as in, it's not going to happen.
    duh my bad & bad pun - I thought he was talking about the planet, not whatever it is he's talkin about

(guess it's supposed to be a BSG movie or something from what I've read in this thread )

Comment

lol, not heard anything since its announcement. sorry!
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
        duh my bad & bad pun - I thought he was talking about the planet, not whatever it is he's talkin about
        Awww frak, that one went over my head.....
        *groans*

He's talking about the Caprica spin-off tv show.

Comment

Awww frak, that one went over my head.....
          *groans*

lol yeh he thought that the guy was askin about the planet Caprica and would it be in season 4 lol, actually I did at first but then I read some posts
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

*groans*

Cool (if it ain't false hopes)

what's the storyline ?
            sequel to BSG s3?

Comment

Cool (if it ain't false hopes)

what's the storyline ?
              sequel to BSG2003 ?
              It's a prequel to BSG 2003 and apparently revolves around the birth of the Cylons and the inevitable rebellion, but Big Ron's doing it so there's bound to be something else going on as well

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                It's a prequel to BSG 2003 and apparently revolves around the birth of the Cylons and the inevitable rebellion, but Big Ron's doing it so there's bound to be something else going on as well
                was about to type 'prequel' instead of 'sequel' (since Caprica's a radioactive wasteland so it's no longer livable) but then again that means they'll ± redo the 1978 series with the 2003 series' tone & special fx or something ?

(also the title's kinda odd for what's supposed to be a BSG prequel - unless the cylons were designed & built only on Caprica & none of the other colonies)

Comment

It's set fifty years before and surrounds two families who were major players in it all- the Adamas (you may have heard of them )- I believe mainly focusing on Adama Sr. (so, William Adama's father- was he also called William? Can't remember if that was mentioned.) the Lawyer, and another family called the Graystones, which we know nothing about, but I would presume that it was a member of that family who created the cylons.

And it's supposed to be almost entirly planet-based, described as a "family drama, dealing with sexual politics, political intreague, and the rise of a new form of intelligence"- the description was something along those lines, but I wouldn't take my memory overly seriously.

Comment

It's set fifty years before and surrounds two families who were major players in it all- the Adamas (you may have heard of them )- I believe mainly focusing on Adama Sr. (so, William Adama's father- was he also called William? Can't remember if that was mentioned.) the Lawyer, and another family called the Graystones, which we know nothing about, but I would presume that it was a member of that family who created the cylons.

And it's supposed to be almost entirly planet-based, described as a "family drama, dealing with sexual politics, political intreague, and the rise of a new form of intelligence"- the description was something along those lines, but I wouldn't take my memory overly seriously.
                    key word spotted

I'll stay tuned -)

(you make it sound like a soap opera though )

Comment

key word spotted

I'll stay tuned -)

He that's what it's been described as officially....a soap

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

key word spotted

I'll stay tuned -)

I make it sound like a soap opera? I don't make things sound like soap operas, I report them as they are (or at least accuratly enough, I hope).

I agree that it does sound soapy-ish, but that won't deter me. I can't wait for this show, just as long as they don't try to rush it into production, which I doubt RDM would allow unless the script is just right.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmutt View Post
                          He that's what it's been described as officially....a soap
                          officially? don't you mean un-officially?

Comment

officially? don't you mean un-officially?
                            Yes your right i went back here

And it says

Spoiler:

"Following the lives of two families, the Graystones and the Adamas (the family of William Adama, who will one day become the commander of the Battlestar Galactica), Caprica will weave together corporate intrigue, techno-action and sexual politics into television's first science fiction family saga, the channel announced. "

Bleh corporate intrigue? techno-action? wtf? hmm sexual politics..

Honestly wtf is techno-action?

For BSG, Stargate eps and discussion visit TheBestTrek

Comment

Techno-action.....fighting technology.....? I have no idea.....still looking forward to it, and if it sucks, just won't watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by deathskull View Post
                                it's been a while since there was any news has anyone heard any thing ?
                                i think it should be on by season 4 of bsg next (one can hope)
                                i've been wondering the same thing
                                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                                X