No announcement yet.

Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1 (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another possible explanation for the lack of proper punishment/brig time could be that the "rules" have somewhat loosened since the Cylon war started. In a race to save humanity, they need every able-bodied person they can get. They've already released some of the criminals from the prison ship, right? Methinks those guys have done things just as bad- if not worse- than Tyrol ever did, but they're still proving their usefulness in other ways, much as Tyrol is doing. For all his faults, I think he's still a good person. Or possible person. He just has a bit of an impulse control problem. LOL!

Regarding Brother Al (what was his name?), how did he know about the whole thing with Boomer/Sharon? Did Tyrol tell him about that off-screen, maybe as some sort of background to his current situation? It kinda caught me by surprise to hear him mention it. Given Tyrol's reticence on other matters, I find it surprising that he'd mention that. Unless the Brother heard about it through other means.

Comment

Did anyone think it odd the raptors had no viper fighter coverage on the rescue mission to Caprica?

Comment

Originally posted by Psychodad
        Did anyone think it odd the raptors had no viper fighter coverage on the rescue mission to Caprica?
        Vipers don't have FTL drives.

This is a mission where, I expect, the fleet wishes it had salvaged a few more Cylon Raiders instead of destroying them all in "Flight of the Phoenix".

I do wonder why they didn't take along the heavy Cylon raider that Sharon and Strarbuck brought back from Caprica. Maybe they weren't feeding it well.
        Last edited by anotherquestion; 04 March 2006, 07:56 AM.

Comment

its not odd, they were supposed to just land, pick up the resistance, and leave. The fighting is all done on the ground and they jumped so near the surface that maybe the vipers cant stand those forces? Then again, they also need the vipers for the fleet, incase the cylons attack them.

What I can't understand is what looked like a decimated human body in the raptor next to Sharon. Why did they need that, and what was it?
          Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

I do wonder why they didn't take along the heavy Cylon raider that Sharon and Strarbuck brought back from Caprica.

RDM said in the Pod cast they were originaly going to use the Heavy Raider but it was cut dew to budget

What I can't understand is what looked like a decimated human body in the raptor next to Sharon. Why did they need that, and what was it?
            my guess is that is the part of the heavy Raider that allows them to use the FTL drive so without that they cant make hop as far

Comment

Yeah as stated vipers do not have FTL drives, I guess you can compare it to SG1 and Death Gliders, they are too small to hold an engine that can get them into hyper space. The same holds true for vipers, they are designed to have high endurance very manueverable engines instead. If they need to jump anywhere they are taken there by their Battlestar.

Comment

Mostly setup for what should be a phenomonal 90-minute finale. Still.....I loved it.

*I freaked out when Tyrol started beating up Cally. Poor Chief ...and poor Cally.

*Loved the conversations between the priest (good casting there with Dean Stockwell) and Tyrol. BSG can put two people in a room and make it compelling TV. LOL at the "you're not a Cylon because I haven't seen you at any of the Cylon meetings" thing.

*Loved that Kara was back to begin kickbut Starbuck, leading the mission. And I actually LIKE Kara/Anders although I admit he's probably just a plot device, like Dee. But at least they have some chemistry.

*The political debates seemed familiar ....smiled at "there he goes again" line from Roslin. And yeah.....wish Scifi hadn't spoiled the election results in the preview.

*Hope we get some interaction with the resurrected Six and Boomer in next week's episode.

Aargh.....this is going to be a long week. And already dreading the long dry spell until new episodes start this summer.
                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Just saw it - and I agree with the general sentiment that it's an excellent set-up episode.

Anyone have a link to the preview for next week?

Edit: Never mind - found one
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

great cg when they jumped to caprica in the last few minutes. it's instant but inferior in range to sg1 hpyerdrives. prolly in our galaxy

Comment

hey we'll get an awesome 90minute ending!!!!

Comment

Boomer/Sharon is gorgeous as usual.....loved it when after her tragic loss of baby
                        Hera...she still continues to help the Colonials....with a broken heart....

I found it hilarious when the Raptor pilots of the Pegasus saw
                        that Sharon was going to help them. The shock on their faces was
                        just priceless!!!!

This was the best part for me in this episode.....Sharon and Helo
                        are just fantastic together......I hope they find out that Hera is still alive!!!!
                        Last edited by dec55; 04 March 2006, 06:26 PM.
                        Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                          Boomer/Sharon is gorgeous as usual.....loved it when after her tragic loss of baby Hera...she still continues to help the Colonials....with a broken heart....
                          Seemed to me like she was operating mostly on autopilot. Going through the motions, doing what was required, but not really there, ya know?

This was the best part for me in this episode.....Sharon and Helo
                          are just fantastic together......I hope they find out that Hera is still alive!!!!
                          They do have excellent chemistry, although I shudder to think what will happen if/when they find out Hera is still alive. If Sharon was ready to kill Doc Cottle and curse off of humanity for being murderers, what's going to happen when she finds out they LIED to her about her baby?

Roslin might have thought she was making the right decision, but it could prove to be suicidally stupid. Or maybe genocidally stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            They do have excellent chemistry, although I shudder to think what will happen if/when they find out Hera is still alive. If Sharon was ready to kill Doc Cottle and curse off of humanity for being murderers, what's going to happen when she finds out they LIED to her about her baby?
                            One hopes that if Baltar wins the election that Roslin ain't dumb enough to tell him about the baby.

Comment

Adama won't play ball with baltar, if he does win...he still loses. He can't force Adama to do anything he wants, especially since he doesn't trust him at all. He can just say "ok you can go have fun i'm going to take my two Battlestars and get the heck out of here with anyone else with any brains".

Comment

Apologies if this isn't the right place.. but can anyone name the background music at the start of this episode? It plays from just after the recap, up to the title sequence and its beautiful.

It really sets up the episode well...

I hope somebody knows the name!

Comment

Working...
                                X