X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire

Well
    Spoiler:
    we didn't see any official results, but I did see Baltar giving an "official order" to Adama. I don't think he'd do that unless he was elected president. Or attempting mutiny, in which case Adama would wring his neck and Roslin would show him to the nearest airlock...

But hey, it could all be a tease. TPTB likes to shake things up.

He is the VP, they can give orders too.
    Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Who are you again?
      Hell, I don't even know who I am most of the time.

Originally posted by sharky277
      He is the VP, they can give orders too.
      But
      Spoiler:
      I didn't think that the VP could order around Adama. I thought only the pres. was higher than Adama. Maybe he could do it as the VP, but I would imagine only with Roslin's approval. And I don't think he's going to get that anytime soon...

Comment

was it me or was the opening longer then the other eps... i think it was bout 12 mins (but then i could have just been seein' things too..) but for some reason it was way longer then the rest so far this season.
        sigpic

Comment

This may have been more of an info building episode leading up to next week’s, but I still thought it was good. It still had great character moments, and I enjoy those as much as I enjoy the actual plot of the episode. The 10 minute opening bit set up the individual storylines nicely. Not quite as good as the one for KLG but still effective.

Can’t wait for next week’s 90-minute ep.

Originally posted by anotherquestion
          Instead I'd like to invest in the company that manufactures the Colonial military transponders. Any product that still functions accurately after materializing from a hyperjump directly into a mountain must be the pinnacle of durability and resilience.

They ought to make the New Orleans levees out of the same stuff.
          And even then they still would have been breached.
          IMO always implied.

Comment

Just finished listening to the podcast and now I really can't wait for next weeks ep. I agreed with RDM's wife that the Ty/Cally part was very difficult to watch but I was expecting much more with the "parent advisory" at the beginning.

I know that they're just teasing us for next weeks show but I'm getting a bit sick of seeing half of the episode while watching Stargate. I've started to record the shows and then watch them later on in the evening. But it's hard to completely avoid seeing anything in the teasers and I try to stay very spoiler free.

Overall I liked the episode knowing that it is just a set up for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkface217
              YES! That seriously pissed me the frack off.... why would they show us what happens before next week?!?!?! Totally ruined half of next week's episode for me.

And no, I won't tell you who wins.
              I am hoping what we saw was not the whole story... maybe just a teaser to mislead us

Comment

it doesnt make any sense that the chief would be a cylon, then when baltar nearly killed him to find out how many cylons are in the fleet and sharon accessed the information she would have learned that he was one as well at that time, also in downloaded she (of course) spoke of him as a human that she loved, if he was just another model then she would just tact it up to everything else in her life that was fake

Comment

Originally posted by Scooteristi
                  Funny, I saw no results, just a whole lotta teasin' which may or may not turn out to be true.
                  There's a scene when Baltar says "Those are your orders..." so one could assume that he wins, but then again, it could be a total different scenario. It's possible that they find something wrong with the planet and people freak out and vote for Roslyn. I would hate for Baltar to win.
                  "I swallowed a bug" River

Comment

Baltar will win. The producers definitely plan to shake things up, and we've had Roslin for president since the series premiere. Putting Baltar in the top spot will do much to change the dynamic of the show. There are definitely "dark" and turbulent times ahead (well...darker than usual, anyway).

Comment

bsg dark? no... i hope they do mix it up a little but Laura not president? i'm kind of hoping she gets to be president again and kick baltar's ass

elly: "Look dude, talk to the host 'cause the goa'uld ain't listening!"

HELEN: "Do NOT walk blood through my house!"

NIKOLA: "How am I supposed to get to the infirmary then?"

HELEN: "I don't care if you sprout wings and flap there Nikola, as long as you don't wreck my good carpet."

Earth: "S**t happens" BSG: "Pencils break"

Comment

this a great episode
                        the background music in the beginning 10 minutes
                        I was shocked to see that it was over already, I didn't expect the To Be continued for at least 5 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
                          Was the whole “discretion advised due to violent content” disclaimer because of Tyrol beating up Callie? Because yes, it was traumatic but I didn’t feel it was that violent to warrant a warning. The cliffhanger between Adama and Boomer last season was much more violent – did that have a disclaimer?
                          Well, it did down here in New Zealand. I don't think this is an appropriate forum to be debating the *ahem* peculiarities of what does and doesn't push the buttons of network executives, but I'd be more shocked if it had gone out without a viewer discretion card.

Comment

I thought the whole episode was great, especially how Baltar is so annoyed by Six. I am not sure by the preview of next week that we can say that Baltar wins the election at all. I think he will but that is just my opinion. I think the Cylons have set up the finding of a new planet using Sharon and plan on wiping them all out once and for all. Just look at Baltar's face when he is looking out into space. Can anyone say Cylon attack fleet?
                            -Hamy Seven

Col. O'Neill: "Jaffa jokes? Let's hear one of them."

Teal'c: "I shall attempt to translate one O'Neill. A serpent guard, a Horus guard, and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's...nose drips." [Teal'c bursts into laughter]

3x02 Seth

Comment

Originally posted by anotherquestion
                              No the title to this post does not refer to Calley, though the shoe fits.

Instead I'd like to invest in the company that manufactures the Colonial military transponders. Any product that still functions accurately after materializing from a hyperjump directly into a mountain must be the pinnacle of durability and resilience.

They ought to make the New Orleans levees out of the same stuff.

By the way, what will it take to compel the Chief to spend some time in the Brig? He's killed the Pegasus second in command and Security Chief, aided and abetted a known Cylon, helped to cover up the murder of a superior officer (Crashdown) in a combat situation, and now criminally assaulted Calley.

I know he has skills, but enough is enough.
                              All good points actually! How does a transponder work after materializing in a mountain? And how high does the chief deathcount have to get before punishment is handed out?
                              Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                                Well, he DID spend some time in the brig for killing the Pegasus 2IC and he was in the brig for a while for something else (Boomer related, I think). But as for beating the crap out of Cally, my guess is that she wouldn't press charges. Although I don't know how that works in the military. If she says it was just an accident or something. *shrug*
                                It is true that the Chief did some relatively minor brig time. And he was beaten (with Helo) by the "yee haw" twins on Pegasus. And he was tortured by Baltar to extract the number of models of Cylons in the fleet (a tidbit that we don't know if Baltar shared with anyone else, BTW). And, now that I remember it, he was slapped once by Tigh after Boomer shot the Old Man.

You could chalk all that off to "time served" and I still think he would have some big brig time coming to him.

After all, do we know for sure that he still is the "Chief"? He could have been busted down in rank and the Engineer impressed into service by Cain on Pegasus could still be the new Chief on Galactica. Perhaps that's why he reacted so violently to Cally, for addressing him by his former rank?

On a more probable tack, perhaps Tyrol is sensing the "dark period" ahead, just as Sharon is. This is still another indication that he is picking up vibes like Cylons do. Perhaps, since his parents were priests, there's a touch of the prophet in Galen Tyrol. He might turn out to be a Jeremiah on the new planet, spreading gloom and doom.
                                Last edited by anotherquestion; 04 March 2006, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X