No announcement yet.

Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 1 (219)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good of episode, but like other people said, too much info not enough action. I'm sure next week's episode will be mind-blowing. I can't wait.

Comment

the only problem that i have with tonight's episode is that my dvr doesn't have the ability to fast forward through live television... in other words, the commercial breaks were killing me. well, i did have a problem with one thing... lee adama did not seem very commander-ish tonight. i hope that's not how he will continue to be....

Comment

Originally posted by titans
        the idea of Dee with anyone doesn't sit well with me, especially Hardcore Husker!!
        Why? Because she's such a terrible person? Hardly. She's no worse than anyone else. It looks to be Lee/Dee and Kara/Anders, so let's enjoy it. Kara and Anders reunion was surprisingly sweet. He makes her happy.

Comment

I must say that was a pretty crappy cliff-hanger for the ep.

Anyway, Interesting ep, I give it a ***.
          sigpic

Comment

Gotta say, the part I liked best was Tyrol's. And Brother Al. "I'm a cylon and I don't remember seeing you at any of the meetings." LOL! He made some good calls. I'll be curious to see if it's revealed whether or not he really IS a cylon.

Loved the "especially Cally" bit. Poor Tyrol. Going back to the deck crew next week is gonna be harsh on him, especially when they accept him back with open arms.

As for his fears that he's a cylon, my guess is "No" simply because we already went through this with Boomer last season and I can't see them pulling the same stunt twice. This is BSG, not Stargate.

However, just to play devil's advocate for a moment: having Tyrol be a cylon would give Sharon plenty of reason not to tell Adama who the other cylons are.

The political BS is just that: BS. I know it's a big part of Galactica, but I've never cared for it and I like it even less, now.

Comment

Originally posted by tucker9477
              the only problem that i have with tonight's episode is that my dvr doesn't have the ability to fast forward through live television... in other words, the commercial breaks were killing me. well, i did have a problem with one thing... lee adama did not seem very commander-ish tonight. i hope that's not how he will continue to be....
              Ahhh perfect setup...thank you...

Thats because he's not very "comander-ish" Hee's a doof! I still expect the pilots and officers to give him noogies when he walks into the ready room!
              Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                I must say that was a pretty crappy cliff-hanger for the ep.

Anyway, Interesting ep, I give it a ***.
                The cut off was rather abrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
                  Why? Because she's such a terrible person? Hardly. She's no worse than anyone else. It looks to be Lee/Dee and Kara/Anders, so let's enjoy it. Kara and Anders reunion was surprisingly sweet. He makes her happy.
                  I honestly dont mind Anders/Kara that much

while IMO Anders doesnt have as much chemestry with Kara as Lee

he still has ALOT more chemistry with her than Dee has with Lee :X

Comment

This was one big setup. I think it was great, and some interesting camera angle choices. I loved Dean Stockwell.

Cheif: How do you know I am not a cylon?

Dean: Well maybe I am a cylon, and I haven't seen you at any of the meetings.
                    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Actually, I like Kara/Anders. I'd like it more if he wasn't as much of a plot device as Dee is.

Comment

I like Anders / Kara. I like Anders. I hope he remains aboard Galactica as like a marine or something along those lines. Lord knows after a year on Cylon occupied Caprica fighting the Cylons he's qualified
                        Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

I honestly dont mind Anders/Kara that much

while IMO Anders doesnt have as much chemestry with Kara as Lee

he still has ALOT more chemistry with her than Dee has with Lee :X
                          I always thought Lee would have a lot of chemistry with Racetrack, but I like him with Dee as well. Different opinions, as they say, are the spice of life. If Kara/Anders works, why not stick with it? No need to write him out arbitrarily because the young male and female lead "must" be together. It's not a rule.

I thought Lee seemed calm and in control as commander. I want that part of his life to continue.

Comment

Great setup for the 90 minute finale. And frack you very much, SciFi, for revealing the election results. Now I have to avoid BSG commercials entirely if I want to stay spoiler-free in the future.

I loved the scene between Adama and Roslin with her tearing cards, breaking pencils, and giggling before the debate. Especially cute to see them walking down the halls in hysterics.

Roslin handled herself like a true politician during the debate, and I enjoyed her sticking it to Baltar after the show. Part of me does want to see Baltar in charge, if only to enjoy him screaming and running away when the crap really hits the fan.

There was one scene in particular when the raptors jumped, when the camera followed the last raptor from space directly to Caprica's atmosphere. That was a wonderful shot.

Who could be a cyclon? Tyrol is rising in my ranks of possibilities. Roslin's new advisor is still giving me the cyclon itch, but I don't know if TPTB are going to scratch it.

Two questions:

-Did I miss some of the scenes in the “previously” segment? I don’t remember Lee talking with Dee about leaving the Galactica but not her, nor do I remember Kara talking with Roslin about returning to Caprica while Roslin was in the hospital. Were those deleted scenes?

-Was the whole “discretion advised due to violent content” disclaimer because of Tyrol beating up Callie? Because yes, it was traumatic but I didn’t feel it was that violent to warrant a warning. The cliffhanger between Adama and Boomer last season was much more violent – did that have a disclaimer?

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin
                              I always thought Lee would have a lot of chemistry with Racetrack, but I like him with Dee as well. Different opinions, as they say, are the spice of life. If Kara/Anders works, why not stick with it? No need to write him out arbitrarily because the young male and female lead "must" be together. It's not a rule.

I thought Lee seemed calm and in control as commander. I want that part of his life to continue.

Has Lee ever acknowledged the existance of Racetrack?

I could really get into Lee and Chevon. What a layered and brutally honest relationship that could have become. As for Kara/Anders.. it has more interest and realism than the contrived relationship that is Lee/Dee.

Comment

I like the idea of Roslin's advisor being a cylon. I figured she just seemed weird because I was missing Billy.

The "lingering on the last raptor" thing was done both times. It worked well. And ouch to jumping into the mountain, although hopefully it meant a quick and painless death to the Raptor crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X