X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
    Interesting episode. Can’t wait for next weeks. From the previews
    Spoiler:
    Uh was that the Cheif doing a swan dive off a railing? What the heck was that about?
    Uh, yeah! I am also disturbed/confused/shocked at that part of the preview.

Overall, I am above and beyond satisfied with this episode. It answered some questions (i.e. "What happened to Boomer?"), raised a whole hell of a lot more (i.e. "Gaius?!"), and was intriguing and entertaining - all at the same time!

Although, truth be told, as soon as I saw the "dead baby," I knew that Hera had to be alive somewhere. I thought it was a cruel - yet totally necessary - step, and I thought the actors' reactions were amazing. I was yet again blown away by the quality of performances given on BSG.

Looking forward to next week in a bittersweet sort of way - there's next week and the week after... and then July.
    Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

It was so funny that Galatica Sharon is going to light the torch for the Cylon
      Rebellion. Not only did she convince Caprica six to start thinking like she does..
      she makes sure Starbuck's boyfirend lives by stopping his execution....

This is gonna be a great season.....

Plus poor Caprica Sharon....

She gets her child stolen from her.....after all she did for the Galactica and
      the Colonies.... that ain't right......BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Roslin and Adama!

Wait till Galactica Sharon finds out!!!

BTW Sharon is just Stunningly Exquisite in this episode!

Just Angelically Beautiful!!
      Last edited by dec55; 25 February 2006, 08:28 PM.
      Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
        She gets her child stolen from her.....after all she did for the Galactica and the Colonies.... that ain't right......BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Roslin and Adama
        Did Admiral Adama even know about the plan? We did not actually see him participate in it at any stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Carbito
          Did Admiral Adama even know about the plan? We did not actually see him participate in it at any stage.

Good question, but since the doctor carried out the plan...I can't see Adama
          not being in the loop since the doctor is under his command.....If Adama dosen't
          know then the doctor is in trouble.....and so is the President.

Last time Rosilin pulled a stunt like this...it almost split the fleet.
          Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

This was a really good ep. Part of its success I feel was just the simple unconvoluted story telling. My only niggly note is that I felt there was too much expository dialogue early in the show, and one heck of a lot of familiar backstory in the opening. I wonder if RDM is reaching for new viewers just before the finale. It struck me that this episode would be one of the very few relatively easy entry points for new fans.

I'm not surprised that no new cylons showed up here, even though it did strain believability a bit. I think RDM is saving up for a on-two cylon surprise in the next eps. I'll bet my boots that there'll be revalations in the finale.
            According to the podcast the man in the distance was a Simon look0alike but not the 'real' thing.

Speaking of podcasts -- I listened to the two last ones back to back, and all I could think of was what's Ron eating? drinking? smoking? The sound of tinkling ice cubes was so real I looked around hopefully for a G&T. And I swear, there was actual smoke seeping out of my monitor. I'm not whining! I'm not whining! But I feel like an absolute smoked anchovy about now.

Margi C

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
              Good question, but since the doctor carried out the plan...I can't see Adama not being in the loop since the doctor is under his command.....If Adama dosen't know then the doctor is in trouble.....and so is the President.
              Well, the Admiral didn't know about Doc Cottle performing all those abortions, so I would say it's not a given that the Admiral knew about the "give-the-baby-away" plan.

Though I would assume he did, especially with an issue so important as this one.
              Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Can I just say that I LOVE Doc Cottle? The man has the absolute worst bedside manner in the history of medicine...and it fits so perfectly on the show. Go Doc.
                Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                What have these years left to me?
                Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Okay. This episode blew my mind. I think they are trying to show that some of these Cylons and the humans are not so different. Why? Totally by design. The question I ask myself now is "what prompted the toasters in the beginning to go from what they were to a more human condition? Why would they even go there?" It seems obvious to me now that at some point before the miniseries picked up there was some sort of clandestine human intervention with the Cylons to create a new Neitzschian race of Cylon and human. Perhaps one person who struck a deal with the Cylons to create this new vision of super humans and make them genetically compatible with the current human race to create the children of his/her vision..... Perhaps this human wanted to acheive the immortality held dear by our Cylon friends as well. If you will, this human is the God of their religion. Obviously something went wrong with this plan as some Cylons were bent on genocide. Some other Cylons are carrying on with the Neitzschian planned programming in trying to procreate and coincide with humans to do "God's will" and build this new race. I think we are seeing two completely different Cylon programs/agenda coming to a clash in this culture. My guess is we will see in the next few episodes if humans and Cylons can coincide, and which Cylon agenda will win out, A.Genocide and Natural Selection via extermination or B. Procreation and Coexistence/Genetically Derived Evolution. I have a feeling that those Cylons that wish to coexist will not take kindly to the appearance given that humans will not permit existence of a hybrid. I have a feeling in light of this fact we won't be seeing a successful peace among humans and Cylons who are trying to coexist.
                  Last edited by Chig; 25 February 2006, 07:44 PM.

Comment

If the Caprica Boomer finds out that her baby is still alive but taken away from her......oh god.....that will not be good......she's just gonna kill anyone who gets in her way...probably kill the President or maybe she'll go after Lee and hold him hostage to get Adama to give her baby back.....

If that happens then Adama has no choice but to return the baby...he won't let anyone hurt his son......Lee means so much to him......

Overall, an interesting episode.......BSG is one of the most philosophical and moralest sci fi series ever...and it really does its job to ask the hard questions in life like what makes a human so different than a machine? Why do humans think that they are the good guys? It shows the flaws of the human race…..no matter how much we want to deny the existence of the worst angels of our very nature, BSG shows us that they are still there and we have to do something about it….. LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

"Tibet is not a contact information, it's a country. Why not just write Earth while you're at it, incase anyone needs to know where Tibet is?"- Ingrid from Uptown Girls

Comment

Hey on another forum, I saw someone with a similar thought as mine. This person went as far as to suggest that the human who interfered with the Cylon program was Baltar in an effort to acheive immortality and a new race. The real Baltar was responsible (who is very much a human, and currently captive or killed on Cylon Prime), not the copy of him that is running around on Galactica as clueless as was the Galactica Sharon.
                      Perhaps it takes both a number 6 and a unwitting Baltar Cylon together to complete the programming for both idealogies (Genocide vs. Coexistence). This is why when they are separated they need input from the other, albeit however dilusional.
                      Interesting theory..... Not sure I would go that far, but it could fit, and is more interesting that way.
                      Last edited by Chig; 25 February 2006, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Shadow
                        If the Caprica Boomer finds out that her baby is still alive but taken away from her......oh god.....that will not be good......she's just gonna kill anyone who gets in her way...probably kill the President or maybe she'll go after Lee and hold him hostage to get Adama to give her baby back.....

If that happens then Adama has no choice but to return the baby...he won't let anyone hurt his son......Lee means so much to him......

Overall, an interesting episode.......BSG is one of the most philosophical and moralest sci fi series ever...and it really does its job to ask the hard questions in life like what makes a human so different than a machine? Why do humans think that they are the good guys? It shows the flaws of the human race…..no matter how much we want to deny the existence of the worst angels of our very nature, BSG shows us that they are still there and we have to do something about it….. LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

You know what? You really have it correct. The underlying theme here is what does it mean to be alive? Is it enough to exist, or is it really to know right from wrong that makes one alive? Is life the ability to procreate? Is there a clear right and a clear wrong? What is the Nature of Life? Is it messy, seemly and ugly, all dressed up and gleaming with ideals and hope?

Comment

Originally posted by Thermonuclearboy
                          Can I just say that I LOVE Doc Cottle? The man has the absolute worst bedside manner in the history of medicine...and it fits so perfectly on the show. Go Doc.
                          When he was going to deliver Boomer's child, I was expecting to see a little hole in his surgical mask and a cigarette peeping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Fahtdaddie
                            I think we're missing something here...

If Caprica 6 died in that blast at Baltar's house, THEN HE MUST HAVE TOO! I know that it was explained away with a couple of lines here and there, but I really think that Baltar is a Cylon - he just doesn't realize it or want to acknowledge it. Think of this: Baltar and 6 see each other in their "hallucinations". If that happens to 6 just as it's happening to Baltar, then doesn't it make sense that they are both Cylons? I guess maybe I took logic in college one too many times...I don't know. Call me crazy.

This episode was great. I liked the fact that Roslin isn't afraid to make difficult decisions. The Cylons reinhabiting Caprica City is bizarre in a good way. I also like how they give everybody in this ensemble cast a moment to shine. These actors are very capable of carrying a story and are given that opportunity more often that in other shows I've seen.

OH!!! and the Doctor Who promo made me soooooooo psyched that after Battlestar goes on vacation until July, I have another show to watch!!!!!!

Did anyone notice when Sharon and 6 were talking and phantom Baltar said something to the effect about another Cylon he knew that didnt know he wasnt human... I think he is talking about himself... The questions is who is controlling these phantoms in the 2 cyclons (if in fact baltar is a cylon and died on Caprica with 6)..... any what is the purpose of the phantoms....

Comment

He was replying to Sharon's comments when she said "Was he the one who betrayed us?" Us meaning human, that for which she keeps forgetting she's not.
                              Last edited by THSEX1138; 25 February 2006, 10:04 PM.
                              "And you ask why?"

Comment

Originally posted by Chig
                                Hey on another forum, I saw someone with a similar thought as mine. This person went as far as to suggest that the human who interfered with the Cylon program was Baltar in an effort to acheive immortality and a new race. The real Baltar was responsible (who is very much a human, and currently captive or killed on Cylon Prime), not the copy of him that is running around on Galactica as clueless as was the Galactica Sharon.
                                Perhaps it takes both a number 6 and a unwitting Baltar Cylon together to complete the programming for both idealogies (Genocide vs. Coexistence). This is why when they are separated they need input from the other, albeit however dilusional.
                                Interesting theory..... Not sure I would go that far, but it could fit, and is more interesting that way.
                                I LIKE THAT! In the Mini Series Baltar gives an interview on The Spotlight with the late Kellan Brody and the topic of discussion was how he wanted to lift the ban on research and development for artificial intellegence. He viewed the ban as an hinderance for further advancement. He also had access to the defense main frame and might have found a way to determine were the Cylon home world was. There are some facts to back parts of that theory.
                                Last edited by THSEX1138; 25 February 2006, 10:03 PM.
                                "And you ask why?"

Comment

Working...
                                X