Clear All

Well now we know what models the KNOWN models are:
    Beers:3
    Six:6
    Sharon:8
    Doral:5
    Leoben:
    Simon:
    *EDIT:I did see a simon model in the cafe, i did not see Leoben model.* I assume that beers was talking about doral first as a 5 then a sharon as a 8 or vice versa. Great to see anders again! I hopw somehow he will stick with the hero Six and sharon and they may: Possible lay down your burden spoilers :
    Spoiler:
    all go to galactica cause did i not see anders with kara in the previews? but that could have been stock footage. and what about the pics that they posted with dean stockwell? a possible new cylon model???

Well im posting this, im watching it again so ill post more as i see them.
    Last edited by GateTrek2004; 25 February 2006, 08:25 AM.
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Again, no explanation to why Baltar is alive.

Comment

Originally posted by kharn the betrayer
        RDM talks about why 6 and Baltar have each other in there heads

and its not because Baltar is a cylon as he isnt a cylon
        Did RDM definitely and unequivocably state that Baltar was not a cylon? Because I have a theory why Baltar and Six see each other as hallucinations. Both are cylons, both were killed during the nuclear blast, and for whatever reason (the blast?) their subsequent downloading process into another body went wrong. They obtained bits of the other's data, which is why they can see the other but no one else can.

Suave, arrogant, and condemning hallucination!Baltar was great. Such a nice contrast from his spastic, confused real self.

I had a feeling that Roslin would remove Boomer's baby from her custody. I guessed that she would swap the kid and give it to someone else, but if everyone thought that the baby was such a threat to humanity I don't know why they didn't take the extra ruthless step and have it destroyed. I guess if they didn't kill the child while it was in Boomer's womb they wouldn't kill it when it was born? And yes, now the cyclons don't know that the baby still lives if no one in that room is a cyclon or cyclon spy. This decision is definitely going to come back and bite the humans on the ass.

Loved seeing the cylon robots replanting on Caprica.

How did the downloaded Boomer get photos of her family and the BSG crew?

No Lee/Dee/Kara mess in this one. Thank the gods!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackan
          Again, no explanation to why Baltar is alive.
          When the nuclear blast went off on Caprica Six shielded Baltar with her body. When he woke up after the blast he was across the room and her body was twisted and destroyed. It was fleshed out in a little more detail in the book.
          Admiral Adama once had a bachelor party for Colonel Tigh. He ate the entire cake before Adama could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
            D'Anna mentioned that after she was downloaded she went back to her old apartment. The pictures would have already been there.

That was a good ep, the cylons are certainly an interesting bunch. It's good to see that they aren't as unified or hive-minded. Gotta be confusing to be one of the cylons on Caprica. How would you identify each variant of a model?

Lol on the Sexymom, did anybody else see the bumper sticker that said C-Bucks Rule?

I wonder if Mya kept the name Hera for the baby. I find it funny how a cylon would name her baby after the queen of the gods.

Definitely an episode that bears repeating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue_Jackson
              Spoiler:
              What upset and disturbed me the most was when we were made to think that they had Sharon's baby terminated. Without realizing it was a mere hoax to trick Sharon (Cylon clone), it truly upset me. I mean, I was in tears and was devastated. Of course, I was relieved when they show Sharon's baby being secretly adopted by a woman who couldn't have any of her own. But, that was truly ground-breaking twist in the story I never expected.
              Did you miss the scene right before when Roslin clearly lays out her plan to give the baby to someone else?
              Last edited by apollo123; 25 February 2006, 10:47 AM.

Comment

WOW I thought last week's was pretty good. This one blew my mind!

Six seeing Baltar in her head - brilliant!

Xena you sexy evil Cylon you - You rock!

Anders carrying Starbuck's army tag around his neck - awwwww

A Cylon rebellion? Didn't see that one coming!

Bring on the season finale!

Comment

Originally posted by keshou
                  I'm confused why Caprica Sharon (now on Galactica) seemed to "remember' her early years knowing Starbuck, Chief, etc. Wouldn't those be the experiences of the Sharon that was just reborn in this episode? Or do they all "share" memories at some point via a giant database?
                  I know. They have still failed to answer that question. I’m still guessing at some point in time there is some kind of download of relevant information to those in positions where they need to know this info. CapricaBoomer’s mission was to cozy up to Helo, so she needed to be able to recall past events and history in order to pass as GalacticaBoomer. Maybe she specifically download that info on her own, but then that would imply that Cylons in the field periodically upload information to some central database.

Then that leads back to the whole debate of whether GalacticaBoomer was working off preprogramed instructions or was she also being controlled by the Cylon higher-ups (or more likely an imbedded Cylon spy) sending commands to her via something thus causing those blackouts. Episode still left me with questions as to how the whole download/upload thing works. Though at least they did make it perfectly clear that it is not some kind of collective download (even though the Cylons act more like a collective with the numbers for names rather than names even though they don’t share the same thoughts like the Borg do.) Course they made that point in “Scar” as well, but that was for Raiders.

Interesting episode. Can’t wait for next weeks. From the previews
                  Spoiler:
                  Uh was that the Cheif doing a swan dive off a railing? What the heck was that about?
                  Anyway. It would have been nice to have seen a new Cylon model (or at least a new one maybe from a distance) but just tossing one in to give us something new and the reveal not really be worked into the storyline wouldn’t have been quite as good, imo.

Okay I have a question. How did they fake the baby’s death when the baby was right there for Helo (poor Helo having to be tricked as well ) and Sharon to see? Meaning that just by coincidence they happened to have a dead baby that was approximately the same as Sharon’s baby thus they didn’t notice the difference. Was the dead baby Maya’s baby that she had just lost? (Or had she lost her baby some time significantly earlier. Kind of hard to tell with the limited dialogue.) Not to mention the fact that someone had just conveniently lost her baby and Doc Cottle just happened to still have the remains. Surely that wasn’t the aborted baby from last week, though I guess that’s the more logical assumption. And if Maya had just lost her baby (as in like days earlier) would you really want someone else’s baby as a replacement to your own so soon. Physically I can see how that would be a good idea seeing as how the baby needs to nurse, but as far as the mental state of the mother. Guess it’s not really important since I saw the switch coming, it just seemed a little too easy and convenient I guess.

I’m sure we haven’t seen the last of the baby even though they kind of pulled a Scully there when she gave away William in The X-Files.

And weird that a Cylon would name her child after what they consider false gods....

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                  D'Anna mentioned that after she was downloaded she went back to her old apartment. The pictures would have already been there.
                  In that one group photo, it almost looked like Apollo was in the pic which of course would be impossible.

Originally posted by Scandrea
                  There's also a huge political statement here, I don't know if you've spotted it or not. The cylons who were in the thick of the war, directly interacting with the humans don't think what they're doing is right. The cylons who never lived with humans want to keep the war going, even if it's at the cost of "boxing" their heros. Kind of sounds familiar to me...
                  Nope. Not seeing this huge political statement you speak of if you are implying what I think you are implying, about the bolded statement at least.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

OMG. That was my favorite episode this season. Ofcourse, i haven't really really liked any of the others. But anyway. That was so cool. Baltar has a cylon consciousness, and Six has a human consciousness. That's so cool. They kind of represent to their races the other race. They're diplomats in a sense. I just really liked that episode. It was powerful. Kinda made me like the cylons. Some of them at least. Anywayyy. yeah.

Comment

Did RDM definitely and unequivocably state that Baltar was not a cylon? Because I have a theory why Baltar and Six see each other as hallucinations. Both are cylons, both were killed during the nuclear blast, and for whatever reason (the blast?) their subsequent downloading process into another body went wrong. They obtained bits of the other's data, which is why they can see the other but no one else can.
                      I, too, was clinging to that theory, but no more. Caprica Six was, quite obviously, vulnerable to injury from an explosion as clearly shown in this episode, so it is not at all apparent how she could have offered much protection to Baltar by interposing her body between him and the shock blast of a nuke. We know now unequivocally that she herself perished in the blast, and that she believed that Baltar perished with her.

The symmetry of the hallucinations of Baltar with Six, and now Six with Baltar, also could lead one to believe that they are loosely conjoined consciousness, just as you propose. But the podcast by RDM strongly points in a different direction: that the Cylons are not that different than humans, and that they are just as capable of affection and a similar kind of reaction to "trauma" as humans. Both appear as a manifestation of the conscience in the consciousness of the other, not as they really are, but as the each individuals "projection" of the guilt felt by their role in the destruction of the colonies.

Baltar's core is so wound up in the protection of his massive ego that he projects Six as relieving him of responsibility by making him an instrument of God.

Caprica Six's is inherently manipulative, but for the first time displays a small vein of vulnerability. Her projection of Baltar makes explicit the inner contradictions of a loving God with the extermination of humanity, and undermines the self-perception of Six as a venerable "war hero", the view that is vigorously promoted by "number 3", the Deanna Beers model.

I'm no psychologist, but my layman's point of view, the phenomenon of hearing voices that aren't there and seeing visions that no one else can see is the very definition of psychosis. It appears now, that the future direction of the series is in the hands of a pair of psychotics in unique positions of power and influence (Baltar and Caprica Six).

I had a feeling that Roslin would remove Boomer's baby from her custody. I guessed that she would swap the kid and give it to someone else, but if everyone thought that the baby was such a threat to humanity I don't know why they didn't take the extra ruthless step and have it destroyed. I guess if they didn't kill the child while it was in Boomer's womb they wouldn't kill it when it was born? And yes, now the cyclons don't know that the baby still lives if no one in that room is a cyclon or cyclon spy. This decision is definitely going to come back and bite the humans on the ass.
                      I think this is bound up in the same principle, now many times repeated, that it's not just about survival, but being worthy to survive. If Rosyln condoned infanticide to a child that is unquestionably half-human, it would not have been that different from Caprica Six's necksnapping the infant in the mini: only in this case it wouldn't have been a "mercy killing" of an already doomed innocent.
                      Loved seeing the cylon robots replanting on Caprica.
                      RDM was particularly proud of that shot, too. I think it is a very imaginative use for what have to be very expensive FX shots. It's good to see the "bulletheads" conduct some bizarrely unexpected behavior.

This episode provided a lot of insight into some small aspects of the end stages of the Cylon plan just by showing how the Cylons behave in an environment of their own making. It seems strange and dystopian, at least to me. You would think, for example that the Cylons would have devised a better way of referring to one another as individuals by unique names rather than model numbers. "Caprica Six" as an honored title and unique moniker shows quite a lack of Cylon imagination. I don't see how such a society can function at all without a better mechanism. This is pretty basic, even when there are unlimited diversity of the appearance of individuals, much less the small set of variations in Cylon society.

RDM's revelation of only a subset of the models that have already been revealed (we didn't see a Leoban model), was stingy almost to the point of mean-spiritedness. There was no logical reason for not showing every Cylon model (except, of course, from the writers point of view). RDM should have "thrown us a bone" by either revealing another model or two, or providing a rationale why we only saw "3's 6's 5's and 8's". The writing of the series is geared to thinking people and this is a thinking person's fair question.

The murder of the 3 model by Caprica Six and the bonding of Six and Boomer in the garage marks the beginning of the unwinding of the much vaunted "Cylon Plan", which, apparently, is not inextricably ingrained in the Cylon's core "programming" but appears to be malleable by experience.

I think we supposed to believe that Boomer brought the mementos back to her apartment when she was on "shore leave" from Gallactica, prior to the events of the mini.
                      Last edited by anotherquestion; 25 February 2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Ah, so having Six hallucinate Baltar wasn't a way to hint that Baltar was a cylon but more a way to show a more human side to the cylons. Interesting. Even more interesting is the idea of Baltar using his hallucinations of Six as a sort of mental scapegoat. Gah, I love this show.

And thanks to those who corrected me on the photos. I assumed that they were taken while Boomer was on BSG after the bombing, so I was baffled as to why they were in her apartment. It makes sense that the photos were taken earlier. If Apollo was in one of the photos I chalk it up to a simple staging error.

Comment

Someone on TWOP posted some caps of what is speculated to be some stand-in for the actor who plays Leoben since it seems he is unavailable at the moment. So the known ones were represented. Just no new ones.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

This episode would have been a good time to show all or at least some new cylon models that we have not seen yet. but maybe we'll see one in the next episode??? see a previous post of mine of who that may be.
                            sigpic
                            Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

How fantastic was it to see Baltar in charge for a change! Even on Galactica Roslin is so pissed that she wouldn't look him in the eye. I've always tried to give Baltar the benefit of the doubt because the destruction of human kind is not totally his fault.

Place yourself in his shoes guys. You're a genius, you go to work each day and it just so happens you get seduced by a DROP DEAD GORGEOUS BLONDE that is amazing with algorithms, she corrupts the planetary defenses, and damn near destroys all of mankind. He had no way of knowing the Cylons were living among us in IRRESISTIBLE female human form. If I were in his shoes humankind would be frakked too.

What I would like to know is who or what programmed Caprica Six and Sharon Valerii for their missions in the first place. These are the true culprits that made the unsuspecting Dr. Baltar a PATSY.

"Life is short but the next one's not. Let your heart adrift and your soul will get caught." - Dr. Gaius Baltar
                              Last edited by THSEX1138; 25 February 2006, 10:04 PM.
                              "And you ask why?"

Comment

So, I thought this was a great episode. It was interesting to see Galactica Boomer after she was reborn. Although, this seems a little late to be setting up a legimate reason for a Cylon Peace movement, it was intersting to see that Caprica Six and Galactica Boomer were the reason.Anyone actually believe that this is last time we'll see those two? Even if they are 'iced' when Beers awakes, I'm betting they get brought back at some point or another.
                                Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi

Comment

Working...
                                X